Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

If you were to leave blender....

Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
I know blender's a great program for some people and some people can do awesome things with it.

I'm beginning to think no matter what I do, though, I'm not going to be one of those people.

If you were to simply get tired of blender giving you problem after problem, like faces disappearing for no reason, commands not working like they shouldd, etc, and wanted to use a different 3d program, what would you recommend?
Post edited by Judge Death on

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    if you want something other than Blender that free, Skechup is another program. there are a few people here that use it, and done some great work. (but it not as good a Blender IMHO.)

other wise your going to need a lot of cash to pay for MAX and Lightwave. This what the big FX houses are using.

But don't give up with Blender, a good guide to get is Blender for Dummies. you can get a cheap PDF copy of Amazon.
    You most likely know alot in the book, but it also a good Ref Guide, which I have used a few times.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    How long have you been using blender?
    If you've already invested years into this app, switching might not worth the trouble, because for a while you'll be learning stuff you already knew.

You can always download the trial versions of expensive apps and see if their interfaces feel better to you, but the general consensus I hear about max from non maxers is "There's too many ficking buttons!!1!":p
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    If you are wanting to move to a different app Autodesk offer 6 month trials on some of their products which is good if you dont have the money.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    I'll stick with blender until 2.5 hits. Hopefully it'll adddress some of blender's issues with booleaning and such.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Boolean's can be a **** in most apps, often, if there is any alternative, its better to take that.
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    I'll stick with blender until 2.5 hits. Hopefully it'll adddress some of blender's issues with booleaning and such.

Umm 2.5 has been out for a few months. I'm using 02.5.2 right now. If you're waiting for a fully functioning version, wait for 2.6 or one of the later 2.5 releases.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    OK, I meant the next fully operational version.

I'v tried using the 2.5 pre releases, they seem to render fast when they're not locking up..