Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCch-306...

• japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    woulda done that but it didn't look right... not "imposing" enough
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I like the radomes behind the bridge. Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, are you intending the vessel be operated by the Air Force, or Navy?
    well I think that after disclosure, the SGC would become a separate branch, like the Marines. The ships would deploy like Navy ships, but fight as "Airforce" ships... as the Navy knows how to handle capital ships while the Air Force know how to fight in three dimesions... overall though still AF...
    I have the "MAC" guns done... I settled for cheek guns as they the least disruptive to the front of the ship...

Next the "bomb bays"
    78887.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    honestly, i pictured MAC guns to be a bit more stubbier. still, an excellent job as usual.
    I understand what you mean... Kinda like on the HALO ships all you really see is the muzzle, but I decided to go with a slighlty more BSG approach to the fixed guns... I may try another approach, but I think this is what I'll stay with...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Looks a bit like the pre-Nostromo SNARK concept.
    ???? Not sure what your talking about.
    Have added an "interior" to the flight pods, redone the heavy railguns, and added the "exhaust plumes" from the Sublight Drive

Next I will be trying some basic greebling to make the overall surface less smooth
    79433.jpg79434.jpg
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice,very nice.The tower bridge is more looking now.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    how big thos guns suppose to be cuz tehy look like they are 2 stories tall...
    using the 302's in the hangar as reference they are about 3 stories right now... I have to rescale them, but those are the final designs...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    japme wrote: »
    ???? Not sure what your talking about.
    Here is the Snark--it is what the Nostroma could have been from Alien
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Ron_Cobb_Alien_concept_art.jpg

Your ship looks somewhat related.
    Sorry for the long silence, but I've been doing a ton of revisions to the ships design, as well as added an interior to the hangars and added plating to the hull, figured out how to get my program to work with normal maps and retextured the whole ship...

Basically I extended the rear end of the main hull, redid the platform decking and added plating to almost every area of the ship. I also repositioned the "MAC guns" and the Heavy turrets... Next up will be the "drone" launchers...

I'm thinking of using puddlejumpers as the escape pods...
    79740.jpg
    5.jpg 280.3K
    it got uglyer....
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    it got uglyer....

im inclined to agree...
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I disagree..... it looks great :D

Looks very tough
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    i think it looks like its made out of Baby legos (the big ones) makes it come off simple and fat in comparisen to a 304 which looks like its made with the smaller more technical legos.
    A render a little more brighter to see the details better.
    Sorry about the dark render... it was the last one I had time for yesterday, but here's a lighter one.

For the most part I am keeping this a fairly smooth skinned vessel, as it makes for a cleaner look and because it gives it a deadlier sleeker look than greebling the hull completely... as well as keeping the poly count down.

About this being a little bit ugly... "deal with it", no offense, but in none of the "realistic" scifi universes, do humans have big ships that look like Ferrari's. We just don't do big that way... Almost every piece military hardware that is beautiful, is like that because the design turned out that way, not because they said it will look like this. in reality I would say that Stargate has the best designs for realistic ships as they are just generically ugly enough to say "not alien", but have that touch of clean purpose that only human warships have... End of not angry rant.

Hopefully have more for ya'll tommorrow, I'm going to take a step back tonight and let this rest for a day.

Hope you like it... ugliness aside.
    79796.jpg
    6.jpg 112.7K
    Ugly but beautiful and realistic.Maybe you should raise a little the second turret,the nearest to the command tower,for a better firing angle to the front side.
    And you also should reduce the lighting over the TAU'ri,ship name and USAF emblema.It's too bright.
    yeah, the glare postFX settings are messed up.
    Some minor lighting and mesh changes, added the Point Defense / AAA turrets. Tonight I'm going to try to finish off the hull plating in a few areas and possibly start adding a secondary layer as well.

Also going to modify the Bridge Superstructure a bit as well.
    79955.jpg79956.jpg
    7.jpg 144.9K
    8.jpg 76.5K
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Looking very good! :thumb: and I like how you have it lit now.
    I want to command this ship.
  • AlphapackAlphapack0 Posts: 0Member
    may I say this is one fantastic warship!
    I like how you did your turrets keeping them low profile this gives them a sleek yet aggressive image.
    The engine layout looks great with the placement more aggressive and better planned

Thank you for sharing such a great warship
    Redid the Engines, layout of upperdeck Turrets and AAA, modified the Bridge and added a jumper bay topside, added the "nose needles" and communication antennas,...
    80030.jpg
    9.jpg 110.4K
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice looking ship, looks like it could belong in a post-Atlantis setting, a few years down the line, when there is finally disclosure.

The thing that strikes me most is that you didn't get big gun/huge numbers of guns syndrome with this ship. The loadout lookes reasonable, especially for something a bit more dedicated to ship-to-ship combat than being a jack of all trades.
    not really the shows deadalus has 18 guns i counted only 16 on his on the top anyway i think he has liek 8 more under neither so he isnt to far from over kill