Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFarscapes Moya

124»

• ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    And that is awesome! I was waiting for you to update your version of Moya and the wait was worthy.
    I like the combination of colors you have here. Can I ask for her poly-count?
    Keep it up!:thumb:
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Thanks Chiletrek, currently the mesh has 136437 faces, that includes the mock up hanger inside.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    This is coming along really well, great work!
    Worked more on moyas texture over the weekend.. still a few layers to go on the main body, then i can work on the arms and nose.. once all the textures have been painted i can work on the shaders, and maybe the starburst texture...
    79772.jpg79773.jpg
    Hello:
    I like what I am seeing, I wish I can make things with this level of details, but since I make mods for a RTS game called Star Trek: Armada2, I cannot go high on polygons. I can still try and add the most I can to the texture, hehehe.
    I am looking forward to see more progress in this awesome ship. Keep it up!:thumb:

Ohh... when you finish doing Moya? will you do other Leviathans too? like Elack (the male Leviathan from season4... but maybe also doing a younger version of Moya's age?). I think the more the merrier, but it is always if you have the time (we know how real life can be hectic at times) :D .
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! I must say outstanding work here. I am a Farscape fan and you've done outstanding work here. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Still putting out fantastic work, keep it up! I can't wait to see an animation of her going into/exiting starburst
    Thanks the comments guys, I've been working on these ships for ages now and i think i can finaly see the light at the end of the tunnel..

To spectre_08 yes the starburst animations for both moya and talyn are first on my list when the models are ready, thats another year in after effects i bet, hehe.... i've set up a scene where a transport pod flies into moyas hanger, so once i've sorted out the textures and lighting for the hanger i'll set a render off of that. But again thats probably a few weeks away yet..

Thanks Majestic and Chiletrek, I said to chiletrek in a pm that ive edited moya to look like elak but ive not touched that file in ages, i might have a go over the weekend while my girlfriend is away.. which gives me time to sit at my computer.. Also i might do some low res versions for mods if anyone is interested.
    Maybe a little early for another update, but worked a little more into moyas texture, going to work on the arms next, then still the nose and underside to start.. not sure when i'll get round to doing the inside.
    80220.jpg
    Hello:
    It looks very nice. I am always glad to see updates :) .
    It is my opinion that you may leave the interior for the last, or maybe after you have textured all the main body (what you have plus the ship's belly).
    Keep it up! :thumb:
    I've not posted anything in a while.. work and real life have been realy hectic over the last few weeks, not to mention that one of my friends has gotten me addicted to world of warcraft... dam him...

I cant belive its been so long since i started this thread.. and im still not finished.. so i had a few spare hours yesterday and sat and painted some more of moyas texture.. its still slow going but ive got most of the body done..... then onto the arms... then hopefully i can get this mother finished...
    82782.jpg82783.jpg82784.jpg
    Hello:
    I am glad to see you managed to get to work on Moya some more. This is a very nice surprise as I can understand how hectic can life be at times.
    The pics look svery very detailed to me, and since you said "this mother", it may mean that more surprises can come :D
    Keep it up!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, nice details, man.
    Welcome back.
    Thanks Chiletrek and Aresius.. Just had a go at a quick scene while my machine is buisy in work.. I've done it in about 5 minutes so it is very quick but i've got all giddy because ive been looking at these models on the blank maya window for months and months.... more like years.. this is the first time i've done any kind of scene for them... Now i want to animate them.... but im getting ahead of myself.. need to get the textures finished first..
    82793.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAxxOKSHoC0

Not done anything with my farscape models in a while, but i've re-done a shot that i did years ago this one looks a lot better... well i think it does...

the model is still un finished.. texture wise but i just wanted to see her moving
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    That's pretty darn impressive! What type of environment effects do you have going there?
    thanks Lockefp

not much to be honest.. i painted the nebula in photoshop. the atmospheres are volume spheres..i've played about with colours, glows and lens flares in comp... so its still very basic.. nothing fancey..
    Hello:
    For quick scenes they were very awesome... so we can only guess how would they like when you give yourself more time to make add more things :D.
    I also liked very much your pic of Moya and Talyn. Outstanding.

Keep it up! :thumb:
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    that flyby shot is very inline with the show, brill work can't wait to see more, we need more Farscape on Scifi meshes!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Lovely, plain simple lovely.
    Great job, that really got a long and fine way.