Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dcheyenne class (2378 refit)

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    I swear.. my home computer is a dinosaur.. doesn't even want to try to render this ship!.. so i'm stuck to render at work (which takes 30 min... go figure) home one doesn't even want to render at the lowest quality!... owell... more memory is my next task... (that and an new home computer!)

so, some Production quality renders, next task is fix the lighting better for the spec maps to stand out more,(wip lighting rig right now... to many lights!) lighting for navigational lights, deflector lights. then some compostition pictures (first time for that as well!)

more latter on during the week as i get some free time at work to render out some new ones:thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    lovely, just lovely.
    It looks very good.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    She really turned out beautifully. Great work.

Any chance of getting some renders like those with the hulls separated?
    seperation? not a problem, work on that tonight, some renders tomorow!
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work, VALKYRIE013, cool configuration, eh. :)

deg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    That model turned out great!
    well.. if i take off the textures and spec maps... It Renders!.... so i can work on the lights at home

so, worked on the self lighting, turned on the windows.. (though i forgot some... owell..) so some self lighting, and some production renders (sans texture... don't think it matters.. ) put in the airlock doors as well (finally)

so some pictures!
    well, got some time at work, render while i work (sounds like a song...."whistles") done the seperation, so here's the secondary hull textured up.

rendered with the self illumination and navigation lights, fixed the wip lights to not wash out the specular, turned out well i think, next is some compositions i think, or texture the shuttle bays (haven't done that yet) and this will be done!, fully done! (my first fully done! (finally))

so some Pictures!

and thanks all for the encouragment and coments!
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    wow! i like the seperation concept of this vessel. great work!
    impressive work.
    I like it.
    one last one for the day, the upper part of the seperation, saucer, naccelles

Enjoy!
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Superb!! Better and better after each update. ;)
    I know is a bit later, but I noticed one missing thing. A small detail to the lips, like the Ent-D has. ;)
    77668.JPG
    lips.JPG 104.1K
  • unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    Love how this has come together Valkyrie! The secondary hull and seperation look sweet!

Great work :thumb:
    Thanks all!

Starship = yeah, i've seen them.. and promptly forgot about them :) might be to late, but i'll see if i can fit them in :) Thanks
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Starship wrote: »
    Superb!! Better and better after each update. ;)
    I know is a bit later, but I noticed one missing thing. A small detail to the lips, like the Ent-D has. ;)
    But this isn't the enterprise-d and it isn't galaxy class either ;) Differences are allowed. :)
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Thanks for the separated orths. I'm saving every render you post for wallpaper and screen savers and such.

I take back what I said about the separation scheme, I find it growing on me, and I particularly like the underslung nacelles on the stardrive section.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    It doesn't have to reflect the Galaxy too much, makes it more non canon which is good :) and it is a wonderfull design job as it is.
    Bmused55 wrote: »
    But this isn't the enterprise-d and it isn't galaxy class either ;) Differences are allowed. :)

Oh, I know this, but that area appears to much empty when compared to the other parts. Adding something there (no need to be something equl to the Ent-D), can make the mesh looks still better. Valk knows what IA’m talking about. ;)
    hmm, first composite image, i'll keep on working on it, make my own planets nebula etc.

So.. here ya go!

btw, starship, tried some things in that area, and just screwed up the mesh to much to my liking, so... as is till i think of anything else.. :) Thanks!

I now consider this mesh complete (abandoned) for now, might revisit it after awhile, and i'll continue to do some 3d composites with it so i can hone my photoshop skils etc. So not the last of her!

next project is an ambasador class.. been meaning to do one, now i think i have the skills to pull it off, so next week New Mesh!!
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    this is a great job cant wait to see the ambassador class you'll be doing
    couple of parting shots, another composite.. looked nice :)

Thanks all for all the good coments, and Enjoy!
  • manwiththegunmanwiththegun171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, you managed to take my least favorite Trek ship and turn it into my favorite! This ship is amazing!
    sweet work, I'm starting to like the deflector arrangement more and more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Great work she looks beautiful, cant wait to see more.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    couple of parting shots, another composite.. looked nice :)

Thanks all for all the good coments, and Enjoy!

This is the first time I really took a look at this thread and these three new pictures are great! I really like what you've done here :thumb:
  • regemetregemet0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful ship I would like to see the Galaxy class with the Cheyenne class upper nacelles.
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Impressing work, lots of details! Cool art! :o
    I like of your interpretation for her. ItA’s just my imagination, or did you built interiors for her? Looks like I can see things behind the windows in the ring... :)
    wow.. old thread... owell... thanks guys/girls.. and yes starship theres rooms in the ring, simple blocks for the most part, but rooms the same

btw, due to the memory cap, allot of wip images from this thread are going bye bye,
    IM me if you want them, i'll send them along!

thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yes, it is a ncie job, well done.

But I take issue with 'short' term missions. You can't get anywhere new, really, on the short term. Which is the whole point.

I see this class as being sent far out, to spend years out there rearely meeting any other Federation ships.

To that end I agree with the person that wrote the manual on this ship. Most people who have done stats for this ship, think "slow". I say warp 9.75 for a cruising speed, and maybe warp 9.86 for a maximum. It is in other words, the predessor to the Intrepid class...

Now about your idea for suacer seperation...

It makes sense. But so does that other idea of all four nacelles seperating.

As for weapons I see this as being equipped with Type VII Phasers, and standard Photon Torpedeos. Why Type VII Phasers? Because everybody wants to have Type Xs, and this doesn't make sense to me.