Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGliese

15678911»

• BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    hmm, pretty nice redesign, but I honestly don't see why you're doing this at all. This fighter looked outstanding, apart from a few minor tweaks it could have been downright perfect match up for stars fighter, and it was almost finished. I think it looked better than this new design. Honestly, if you were to add a window in the front so the pilot could see ahead, and maybe some angled vertical stabilizers (maybe at the bottom for a more interesting look?) and of course the weapons that fighter would pretty much be finished and you could already make some really cool scenes with star.......just saying :)
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Actually, I agree with Berkut... the new design looks a bit clunky and unproportioned to be honest...
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Well catastrophe has struck, i lost the hardrive that I had my work on, and the usb key that I was using to back everything up with has been lost in a move. So there is almost a year of work down the drain. Im not giving up on this by any means and I still have the hard drive. I may be able to get the data off, however as of this moment I havent attempted anything. When something happens I will post it!
    Arrr crap mate! I hope you'll be able to recover something...

But I'm sure that whatever you rebuild now will be way quicker, cleaner and better than ever before ;)
    Yeah I think that you might be right, however I'm just not in the right mindset to start up the work again just yet. Too much crap going on, and I figured that I would just work something else till its done then maybe start it back up. Your awesome Meph, thanks for the good words!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Been backing my stuff up to DVD's on a regular basis in case of a 'tornado' or some such.

Good luck mate. Sure do like this craft.
  • well, guess that explains why I cant see any of the images....I was going to comment on the space station, but I guess I'll wait to see if you ever start it back up.
    After a long time away I have decided to dive back into this project. However I am starting this all from scratch due to the loss of so much data. I am starting off with the Soviet Carrier this time. I took alot of inspiration from Battleships of the past, going back to my original idea of ships resembling actual sea fairing vessels. The particular design I drew most of the inspiration from on this one was the never made BB-65 studies in the early 40s.

Mostly still in the blocking in stage, the overall shape shouldnt change much though. The flight deck is going to be on the aft of the ship and the fighters will land through and opening in the deck that leads to the filght deck. I know the main guns are rather large at the moment not sure if they are going to stay Uber big or not yet.

Well thats enough talking here we go.
    Nice shape mate, good overall lines, but... doesn't resemble a sea-going vessel perhaps a little but too much?
    Meph you may be right, got any ideas?
    ok I got a change on the hull design, I need a vote on wether or not the new one is a better way to go. I also have the restart of the Mig 129 as well just blocked in but wanting suggestions on it as well. Tell me what you think.
    Well, the main thing that's keeping them too much in the 'true' navel realm is the fact that have a too obvious superstructure and keel. Try some blocked-out layouts for weapon emplacements on the flank or belly, engine pods, reverse- and maneuvering thrusters, cargo hatches etc etc.

Or if it's meant to be able to actually land on a body of water, how will it break the atmosphere, what parts need to be more protected for the brutallity of atmospheric re)-entry etc etc.

As for current hull shapes, I like both of them but they need something extra that cleanrly shows they belong into space.

For the Mig, the engine intakes are way too small... and the shape itself is a bit too statuc. Look at the lines of current day Mig 29 and -35's and better yet, the contemporary Sukhoi's 27 to -37. They have much more dynamic lines that have an inherent 'tension' to them and a much more aerodynamic flow.

Or take a look at the planes of the anime Yukikaze, simply brilliant designs.
    yukikaze - Google Afbeeldingen
    ok a little more work on the mig after looking at some fresh ideas. Any thoughts?
  • YO Boss man I am back, and got my program working...let me know what other project you need me to work on it, i have been out of the loop for awile...great to be back,.

Oh Nice work, I like it.
    The combination of smooth and square intakes looks buttfugly... Stick with one design style mate, square or smooth. But for the rest, good design.

It kinda reminds me of a mix between these two planes.
    Boeing: Boeing JSF X-32B Landings at 90 Knots Move Plane Closer to First Hover
    http://www.aerofiles.com/boe-x32a.jpg
    and
    Jian-10B (J-10B) Multirole Fighter Aircraft - SinoDefence.com
    Star nice to see you agian. That torq bomber would be great. Oh and please tell me you still have the fighter I need to get another copy of that from you.

@meph LOL yes it was ugly, I forgot to pull those off of the body. I think that you may like this update a little more.

The hole that is behind the cockpit is where the reactor is going to go. And the tube running aft on the dorsal is a cooling conduit. Im not sure if I am going to have these birds use normal combustion or not when they are in atmo. If not the scoop in the front will be used for either weapons or sensors.
    Hmm without the extra intakes, the back end seems a bit on the light side now. It kind of looks out of proportion, just a wild idea but why not try to thicken the back end a bit. You wouldn't want a woman either that's all chest and no butt. ;)
  • kborak wrote: »
    Star nice to see you agian. That torq bomber would be great. Oh and please tell me you still have the fighter I need to get another copy of that from you.

Sadly no, u see i still cant get my comp to work so my gf let me barrow hers, so all of the work i will be doing have to do it all from scratch..sorry, but i will work on the TORK soon......and maybe make it better...mmm..
    @Star ok, when I can spare a minute I am going to have to call you so that I can try to talk you through fixing that computer or getting your info off those drives if nothing else.

Different fuselage and wing config.
    Oh, Much better! And aerodynamically you actually don't need those little rudders on the tail section.
    Yeah I really didnt think that I did, I just wanted a little flair. Thanks much!
    ok an update, very small, just wanting to know if Im going in the right direction still?
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    Yes its me kborak, i cant seem to log in with that name so I made another for now while thats being figured out. After seeing the direction star was going with his new fighter and talking with him about mine, i decided why not one more redesign. So i decided to "Think in Russian" and came up with this. Any and all crits welcome as usual.
    80995.jpg80996.jpg80997.jpg80998.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    why is it so boxy? russian fighters are generally much smoother and curvier than their western counterparts
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    one word... FIREFOX
    And japme is the winner lol! And yes, even though russian fighters are the smoother looking jets typically, its way in the future so I can change it if I want lol. And test animations with the hi poly models are not well liked, the render time is insane. So I went with a simpler design and i feel this fits much better with stars Earth fighter designs.
    started a simple low poly cockpit.......
    81059.jpg81060.jpg