Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Pearse wrote: »
    I suppose most of those polies are in the curvy head section, but are you using instances for those repeated sections along the sides of the ship?

No. Im not using any instances right now. The problem is that those repeated sections on the side have to be rotated slightly as they go down the side to follow the contour of the hull. They only way to make instances follow the hull would be a spline.... at least thats the only way I know of, but in that case the small structures would be even, and not staggered and random.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Unless the geometry itself has to be slightly different for each iteration of the object, then creating instances will work fine. You don't have to use a spline make them follow the hull, you can just change the position and rotation for each instance, like you would with any other object.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    yet more excellent work ! good job!
  • GrzesiekGrzesiek0 Posts: 0Member
    impressive work..
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool.... guessing you'll be adding the Shuttles?...

EDIT- *subscribes*
    If I have time, ill see about adding the shuttles.... unless someone else wants to take a shot at them. :D
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work. Keep it up and I cannot wait to see more of the updates.
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Vilandra wrote: »
    If I have time, ill see about adding the shuttles.... unless someone else wants to take a shot at them. :D
    Looking great so far.

Calling All Stargate Fans (link in my sig) has a version of the shuttle in our download area. Barroth is the modeler and I'm sure he would be willing to let you use it.

Here is the model.
    es soll fliegen 10.jpg
    74422.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    RJB wrote: »
    Looking great so far.

Calling All Stargate Fans (link in my sig) has a version of the shuttle in our download area. Barroth is the modeler and I'm sure he would be willing to let you use it.

Here is the model.
    es soll fliegen 10.jpg

link doesn't work
    Pheonix wrote: »
    link doesn't work
    Thanks for the heads up and fixed now.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice details.

RJB, that one nice shuttle.
    I did not think anyone had attmepted it yet.
    Freak wrote: »
    Nice details.

RJB, that one nice shuttle.
    I did not think anyone had attmepted it yet.
    Remember not my shuttle. It is done by Barroth of CASF.
    Heres a quick update. Ive started on the top parts, trying to get the basic overall shape before adding the crazy details.

This hull on this ship has a ridiculous amount of detail on it, so that is going to be the long part.
    74456.jpg74457.jpg
  • GrzesiekGrzesiek0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree, ridiculous amount of detail.. but looking at your renders, it is surly worth it.. can't wait for the next update...
    :O Amazeing work so far nice job, i agree about the details alot on that ship there everywhere!
  • SuperSmegSuperSmeg0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool build quality there.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very cool.

Yeah this as ship seems to have details on top of details.
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice and detailed model! keep it up.
    Love the render with dof.
    Thanks! I'll be posting some more updates later today. Im working on the damaged dome/structure at the moment. ;)
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing work on the first Destiny of this forum ^^
    Update. Im debating whether or not to add the damage. Perhaps I should....
    74519.jpg74520.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Unless you are going for a brand new out of the box (pristine) edition ...yup damage needs to be there in some form :)
    looks good but i thought it was alot bigger than that in the show
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    looks good, but the windows of the dome are not on the same size, or looks that only on the picture so?
    @Mikala: Thats what I was thinking too. Damage it is then!

@Lynx121: I can only go by the screen caps I have. I tried to get it as close as possible. If its off, its not by much. Perhaps when I add more of the smaller detail, it will help give a better sense of scale.

@Barroth: Yeah, thats just a temporary texture I have on the dome window. Im going to go back and model that hexagon shaped framing.
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    Model looks amazing so far! In regards to the damaged/not part, might I recommend a 'clean' version first? then destroy it? :D (Unless of course the damaged version is easier on the brain cells :p)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I think it would be neat to see an undamaged Destiny, the one the Ancients actually built.

Chris
    Not sure if you have these already, they are from the episode 'Earth', but I figured Id pass em' your way anyways.

Link 1

Link 2
    Works coming along nicely look forward to more as it comes