Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Ive seen a lot of SGU gates popping up, but havent seen any Destiny's, so ive decided to start mine.

Im hoping as the show progresses, there will be better reference material to use. As of now, I only have a few images that im using.

I'll try to keep this updated on a regular basis. I'll be working on it in my free time, as I stay fairly busy with work for the studio/agency.

Heres a couple beginning shots of what ive got so far. Its not much, but it took a while to find a good "top" shot of the ship, and then photoshop it with other overlaying "top" shots to figure out a rough shape.

More to come later.
85433.jpg
Post edited by Vilandra on
Tagged:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    good start so far !
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    I'll have to keep an eye on this and good luck with the model. Looks like it should be a good challenge.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    It's taken longer than i thought for a destiny thread to appear.... Good Luck:thumb:

*subscribes*
  • kill4moneykill4money0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome !!!!:devil: Good start.:thumb:

Can't wait for the episode for tonight. :cool:

Gook Luck, i do love this ship design for some reason.:D

P.S. I try to take some screen shots of tonight episode, maybe it will help you out :D
    I did find these online.

kw0e46wh6w1y1lrv789j.jpg
    Cool I can't wait for more!!! Love the show! SGU
    I took some images of Episode 5. The sun really made the images look crappy, but i did get some good ones. I also got a lot of good ones for the shuttle.

I hope this helps. If not just don't use them. :flippy:

1030200980341pm.th.png
    Here are the rest of the images.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Subscribed!
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i dont remeber the frotn havign such big divits in the side slike u got it
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Update on the nose.

@colbmista, the sides were only "in the making" in the last wip shot I posted. I still had to smooth things out and adjust points.
    74292.jpg
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Well according to MGM the Destiny is Huge!
    Massive in fact no size comparisons but have stated lager then a HIVE SHIP.
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    Darkone wrote: »
    Well according to MGM the Destiny is Huge!
    Massive in fact no size comparisons but have stated lager then a HIVE SHIP.

meaning that it will take a while to explore the entirety of the ship. wonder if it's bigger than the Super Hive...
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    destiny, ohjeah:D
    I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    Thank you! Its about time!
    If anyone is curious as to how ive been getting the overall shape of the ship, here is the top view of what my viewport looks like.

Too bad there arent any orthographic shots. That would definitely make things easier. Some of this is guessing.
    74301.jpg
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Damn your good!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice start.

In the unpaid request area, is a new thread with a bunch of screen shoots from the "water" episode. they should be very helpful.
    Nice man!!!!!
    Nice so far looks to be a big task with all the detail and bits and pieces we've seen so far in the show. However, look forward to seeing how it comes along and happy to see someone take a crack at Destiny:thumb:
    This ship is crazy. There are so many odd shaped greebles (or whatever they are called) on this ship. They're everywhere!

I'll probably be busy with work this week, so it might be a few days before I get back to this.
    74332.jpg
    Thats ok! Looking great! Me love :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    real life can be a right bitch at time, when your working on a project.

Yeah their looks to be alot going on with this ship, and it dose not appear to be sirmetical either in the details.
    very very very good so far keep up the good work!

Subscribed!
    I can see right now that this is going to get crazy. Ive got a hypernurbs in the scene (for those who dont use C4D, its a smoothing nurb object) and right now the polygon count is 820,000. :o

This may just be higher than my Atlantis count, which is at 3 million polys.
    74353.jpg74354.jpg
  • SolCommandSolCommand172 Posts: 0Member
    820k polys SO FAR ??!! The finished version with all the greebles will probably be at around 1 bil polys :) Since this is the 1st Destiny ship around I'm gonna keep an eye on this. Good work so far with the overall shape m8
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    It's not all that good but could these pic help you in anyway?

thedestinyhd.jpg
    Ive already got that one Wilson, but thanks. I have the first 5 episodes in HD, so im good for now.... although the angles are still not helping. Would be nice for some better shots of the ship (side, front, top, etc)
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    really great work so far!!! :)
  • whitestarwhitestar0 Posts: 0Member
    sweet
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Vilandra wrote: »
    I can see right now that this is going to get crazy. Ive got a hypernurbs in the scene (for those who dont use C4D, its a smoothing nurb object) and right now the polygon count is 820,000. :o

This may just be higher than my Atlantis count, which is at 3 million polys.

I suppose most of those polies are in the curvy head section, but are you using instances for those repeated sections along the sides of the ship?