Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DW40K Black Templars Battlebarge

• KenetorKenetor331 Posts: 0Member
    very very nice dude! do you plan to do much more to her?

Kenetor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    UK-Blade, many thanks for kind words :)
    Meph, that could be a good idea :), you also notice that I've placed after the modeling phase of the bottom main bridge for a particular reason: the "Eternal Crusader" is not a simple battlebarge (it's an ancient battleship after all) so I think it needs more geometry to represent the influences of imperial architecture on its original design.
    So, answering to Kenetor, I'm thinking about the opportunity to embed in it some parts of imperial vessels; mainly the prow and the central hull of an Retribution class battleship.

35je7v9.jpg
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work Andrea :thumb: .... You've kept your CG version faithful to the design, though I can see where Meph is coming from,....

I know nothing about BFG so I've not been very helpful with feedback or constructive crits with regards to types of weapons these things have etc, ... but since you may be wanting to modify it a tad, ... I did a quick edit as a possible suggestion .... Go with your own instinct mate, you know more about these ships than I, ... but I know they're absolute monsters in terms of scale ...

In the pic below I did a simple edit, that I think works visually ...

Jas

editsuggestion.th.jpg
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Excellent work Andrea :thumb: .... You've kept your CG version faithful to the design, though I can see where Meph is coming from,....

I know nothing about BFG so I've not been very helpful with feedback or constructive crits with regards to types of weapons these things have etc, ... but since you may be wanting to modify it a tad, ... I did a quick edit as a possible suggestion .... Go with your own instinct mate, you know more about these ships than I, ... but I know they're absolute monsters in terms of scale ...

In the pic below I did a simple edit, that I think works visually ...

Jas

editsuggestion.th.jpg

Really many thanks Jas, I have to say this is an excellent suggestion :cool:.
    At this point I would want to work in parallel on this idea and on the Retribution class prow/hull as part of the bottom deck to have the sense of battleship growth over time in terms of expansion and restructuring.
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm inclined to agree with the rest on the scaling issues. Very nice work regardless though.
    Thanks for the comment Syklon :)
    After Jas suggestion here is a couple of modification of the central hull (this is only a preview, no join geometry, details and so on in this moment)

iqwh15.jpg

1zw25pd.jpg
  • Hawk_SilkHawk_Silk0 Posts: 0Member
    Well to be honest mate, I quite like the second modification. Rows of "over and under" weapons batteries looks like it would be really nice.

Regards Hawk.
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    The model looks great! I don't know much at all about W40K but do all their stuff looks so gothic. It reminds me of gothic cathederals.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    40K is all about the guns so I vote mod 2 just to make it all that more epic!
  • ParkerParker0 Posts: 0Member
    Second modication.

But I think that another row of that guns would look too repeating ...

Maybe some giant space marine statues or stuff.
    i vote 2 also!
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmm I'd go for neither. What I'd do is use the layout from nr 1, but use the smaller guns along the entire length of the extention and even pull out the section a bit so it's just as wide as the unmodified version. This was you create a sort of terrace in front of the windows which then you fill up with some Gothic open arches between the window sections.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i liek the first mod
    Really many thanks to all of you for comments :), your opinions are clear to me but I want to take more time for this part even cause there is a lot of work to do yet; in particular on the rear rudder and bottom deck.
    Regarding bottom deck I want to restructure it inserting the first 2 Km of a Retribution class Imperial battleship; this and other possible modifications (besides the central hull) are shown below

2uzt3py.jpg
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    For the Retribution class insertion recommend flipping its axis (The wider "base" of the prow pointing up instead of down)
    Kadaeux wrote: »
    For the Retribution class insertion recommend flipping its axis (The wider "base" of the prow pointing up instead of down)

Yes mate, I've this thing planned :) and ... I forget to post some shots of the Imperial vessel basic geometry modeled up to now so ... here is

veb4ow.jpg

szcu8y.jpg
  • ParkerParker0 Posts: 0Member
    That window is PRETTY huge. :D

Great work as always.
    @ Parker: thank you very much for comment :)

Imperial vessel update

258y14z.jpg

24bmcn5.jpg

25fpnhw.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the window details.
  • J.WildeJ.Wilde0 Posts: 0Member
    I think one of the aspects I find most enjoyable about WH40K is that you can have a notation for one of your battleship models read "replace with early Gothic cathedral" and everyone nods their heads in sage agreement at the wisdom of this.
    J.Wilde wrote: »
    I think one of the aspects I find most enjoyable about WH40K is that you can have a notation for one of your battleship models read "replace with early Gothic cathedral" and everyone nods their heads in sage agreement at the wisdom of this.

ROFL... well, if you put it that way... :D
    Battlebarge bottom deck almost completed: new join geometry, rear wing and engines group on the imperial vessel
    TODO: towers restyling

6frpyb.jpg

14ng2vk.jpg

hu3zf5.jpg

2hp5dhx.jpg
    Oh, so it's like a real docking station and not just a kitbash for more detail? Cool!
    yeah definatly looks docked rather than a perminant part of the ship

can you you a full render from a low angle?

Kenetor
  • Thanks for comment mates, and a little more patience for a full rendering from a low angle :).
    New central hull version with more docking/boarding bays and lance batteries

ekpys3.jpg

2ljrnsm.jpg

1tlclj.jpg

15p04dl.jpg
    Hmmm, I'd really try experimenting with losing those large broadside guns altogether. Putting them next to the rescaled guns makes them look, well, rescaled... Perhaps reuse the bigger hull section but replace the big guns with the smaller ones and use the rest of the newly freed space to put some other detailing, perhaps large landing bay doors or something.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with the point that the re-scale really does look like a rescale. If you want to have the bigger guns, you'll need to re-do them almost from scratch with a slightly modified design. You have slight variants on your docked Retribution Class that would look better blown up to a larger size - and then replace the ones on the retribution class with the smaller ones from the battle barge so that they're the same size and same style (i.e., as if the guns were standardized).

I don't think you're particularly in need of any extra hangers.
  • Well, I'll keep the current design and weapons arrangement; I've already restyled both central hull macrocannon designs (in particular, the bigger will be a sacred relic with battle-cry carved upon a templar cross, holy lantern barrel, and so on ... and both have the correct mechanical movements) so I can keep those of retribution on their original sites :) ... I'll post a wip rendering very soon and ... thanks for suggestions
  • The new macrocannon design (sacred relic)

11ac39e.jpg
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Very, very nice. :thumb:

Think it might have an adverse affect on your poly count though ;)