Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DW40K Black Templars Battlebarge

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Kadaeux, this kind of weapon and macrocannon have the same mechanical behaviour (the only difference is on the range) so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

p0v8j.jpg
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    andcar1969 wrote: »
    Kadaeux, this kind of weapon and macrocannon have the same mechanical behaviour (the only difference is on the range) so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

p0v8j.jpg

Macrocannons aren't fixed. They have traverse and elevation. Even in your image (pretty image) you can see how the Macrocannon might elevate and traverse. A lighter gun being fully fixed makes no sense.

Naturally its entirely up to you, i'm just offering my opinion on the matter. Its pretty either way.
    Kadaeux wrote: »
    Macrocannons aren't fixed.

This is a novelty for me but you're right mate :)
    Kadaeux wrote: »
    Naturally its entirely up to you, i'm just offering my opinion on the matter. Its pretty either way

Thank you very much for the suggestion :) ... I'm in favour of this design but I'll modify something.
  • KenetorKenetor331 Posts: 0Member
    pssst guys, its all fiction! it works both ways :P

hell i bet we could start a thread on how many things are wrong with BFG, like whats the deal with covering a warship with gorram windows!?!?!

enjoying your progress andcar, keep it up!

Kenetor
    Kenetor wrote: »

hell i bet we could start a thread on how many things are wrong with BFG, like whats the deal with covering a warship with gorram windows!?!?!

enjoying your progress andcar, keep it up!

Kenetor

Thank you mate :) and ... I don't want to start a thread like that so don't wake up the sleeping dog :D
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Kenetor wrote: »

Quiet you!! :p

But this is true, 40k is about as soft sci-fi as you can get. Although, that said, from a modeling and animation perspective it's useful to be able to move your guns and gubbins, at least partially, realistically. But still, at the end of the day, it's what looks best. Perhaps the fixed look and consigning the aiming to "handwavium" might look better than the lateral pintels.
    Alternative design (there's something to suit everybody's fancy :))

j8o4fd.jpg
    i dont like it :P prefer the older design

...seriously ^_^

Kenetor
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good in any case, although personally I'd downsize the barrel diameters 'cuz that looks huuuuge.
    Thanks to all for your comments on the new central deck weapon design (I prefer the first too) anyway, I don't think it's a matter of life and death :) so I freeze it for the moment.

Proceeed with detailing work, here is an update on the bridge main structures (central and rear towers)

30t2vds.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Probably a good idea regarding the guns, if you come back to them later an idea may just hit you and they'll work great.

Speaking of the bridge section, are you planning on doing that in any higher detail so that, perhaps at a later date, you can zoom into or out of that area in an animation?
    tell you what i really like your turret emplacements, i was gonna do something similar base on some 40k terrain.

Kenetor
    @ Armondikov: yes, this was my original idea even cause I have a Black Templars chapel with Land Raider, well-suited to this project. So, after the second detailing pass on all the structures will be completed, maybe I'll restyle the first block of the bridge in order to prepare the exterior scene of the above-mentioned chapel ... and this will be highly-detailed model.

@ Kenetor: thank you :), I'm curious, what kind of stuff do you refer precisely ?
    Work on central hull is almost completed, it's time to add some docking bays and additional torpedo launchers to the battleship prow. Here is the wip status

5nq5au.jpg
    Good stuff mate, good stuff. I'm lovin' the progress. :P
    about a third of the way up on the front of the bridge, looks like you have a turret either side, those.

oh and can i pinch your lighting set up :P

Kenetor
    @ Meph: glad to see you like it :) ... I have to do more work on this, especially towers restyling, a little paneling on the sides.
    @ Kenetor: those are the above-mentioned towers. I'll also add a couple of turrets on this bridge. Regarding lighting setup ... there're no lights :) besides the skylight, objects have a simple blinn material applied and the rendering is a full GI solution ... ah, i forget to say this is not MentalRay generated, I'm currently using FinalRender.
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Now that is one sweet-looking nose-job! ;)
    Scatha wrote: »
    Now that is one sweet-looking nose-job! ;)

Thank you mate :), I'll post an update of the part shortly
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Meph wrote: »
    Looks good in any case, although personally I'd downsize the barrel diameters 'cuz that looks huuuuge.

They fire Skyscraper sized shells. Huge is one word that applies.
    Assemblage test of the work made on battleship prow and central hull up to now

2nb93rl.jpg

wvo94k.jpg

1z566pg.jpg
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Top Notch work, mate :thumb:

Can't wait to see some textures on this.....
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Splendid ! :)
    UK-Blade & Scatha, really thank you for the comments (very appreciated).
    I'm working on the battleship prow (restyling the towers, changing turrets sites and adding geometry to the lateral parts) ... next update shortly.
    Well, the work on the battleship prow is almost completed so I freeze this geometry for the final assemblage and rendering

bi9fdx.jpg

bey3jp.jpg
    Dude, you work fast, very fast... Are you sure you're Italian? :D

Now let's texture this puppy and get it into the render-oven for some kickass beauty shots...
    Meph wrote: »
    Dude, you work fast, very fast... Are you sure you're Italian? :D

Maybe they adopted me :D.
    Next time I'll post some rendering shots of the whole model.
    As promised ... the battlebarge

f4mkc3.jpg

j9slmw.jpg

e5qo3b.jpg
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!:

Fantastic work, nice to see it all together. :thumb:

Words don't do it justice.....
    Indeed, amazing work mate. That's a gorgeous build with awesome detail.

On a rather large sidenote; I do feel that those obscenely huge cannons on the flank take away a lot of the sense of size and scale, they're just too big and not in scale with your superb superstructure detailing.
    I know it's something that's part of the original design and the 'look-I-have-shells-the-size-of-the-moon' philosophy of GW but why not give that ship your own twist, rescale those guns, fill up the newly-gained space with some extra detailing and push this already gorgeous model into the realm of the sublime...