Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate new ship

meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
edited February 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Something new to see and to comment.Enjoy
97399.jpg
Post edited by meugen06 on
Tagged:

• Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    I think you have a good start here but it looks a bit organic to me ( I know it is only a WIP)

Now when you say render what do you mean exactally?

Do you know how to render the model but want to know how to make a better render?
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    I don't know how to render in blender.
    Nothing.i don't unterstand the blender menu.
    But the image you posted is rendered isnt it? i am sure it is.
    Bigd524 wrote: »
    But the image you posted is rendered isnt it? i am sure it is.

YES.I MEN'T WRONG TEXTURING AND PANNELING,THAT IS THE PROBLEM:thumb:
    meugen06 wrote: »
    YES.I MEN'T WRONG TEXTURING AND PANNELING,THAT IS THE PROBLEM:thumb:

Ahh... Ok now i understand well im sorry but i cant help you there (i am even worse in Blender.

Try to look at some of the toutorials on this site, i think that there is some that may help you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The best introduction to Blender is IMO the (downloadable) video tutorials here: http://blenderunderground.com/video-tutorials (there are 5 parts to the series)

Watch them all, and you'll feel much more at home in the Blender user interface.
    Ok let's see about opinions.i wan't to become better.please advise on how to make the glass cockpit and how to improve the textures.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    lol ive got that texture as well, but you see you have just applied it to the whole model and its very distorted and stretched in placed, you need to learn to unwrap your model to texture properly.
    Maybe this will help:
    Blender 3D: Noob to Pro/UV Map Basics - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks
    Ok thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    having a different material for some faces is a bit annoying in Blender, since you have to use material indices and stuff like that.

It is far easier to just make the cockpit glass a separate object, and apply a glass material to that.

Easiest way to separate out certain faces to their own object is to go into edit mode, select the faces you want to separate, then press 'p'. Select 'from selected' in the menu. Now those selected faces will be moved to a new separate object.
    OK GUYS HERE IS AN UPDATE.MY SHIP IS WITH NEW TEXTURES.IS GOOD, BAD.HOW TO MAKE THE TEXTURES MORE VISIBLE?I SEARCHED FOR TUTORIALS BUT NOTHING GOOD.PLEASE COMMENT.:cool:
    72326.jpg72327.jpg72328.jpg
    Ok here is a smal update,the ship with baked textures.please comment.
    72381.jpg
    I need help guys i'm stuck.
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Having been working at this stuff (playing, actually)for 3 and a half years now and spending 80% of my time in blender (100% since I actually figured out how to use it), my advice is to step back and start simple. This tutorial is very simple but shows you some of the power of blender and the techniques for modeling and texturing a simple thing.

http://www.cgcookie.com/articles/2009/06/22/model-and-texture-a-wooden-barrel

Here is another good tutorial, same site, on modeling a telescope and using the material shaders in blender. This is another good tutorial for basic modeling techniques used in all the stuff you see here.

http://www.cgcookie.com/articles/2009/05/07/model-a-steampunk-telescope

These are good starts. No they aren't "How to model the TIE fighter down to the wingmount bolts" but they are the basics for everything past that.

Hope this helps
    Thanks finally someone to help me.
    Someone can give a tip on how to merge two different pieces into one in blender.
    Are you talking about 2 separate objects into one or are you talking about 2 meshes within an object (the difference between object mode and edit mode)?

If you have created 2 objects and want to combine them as one object, then you go into object mode, select 1 object, then shift select the other object (right click to select an object, shift right click to select the next one) and press CTRL-J. It will ask if you want to join the 2 objects as one and say yes.

If you are in edit mode and have 2 separate meshes and want to combine them as one mesh then it is a little harder. Assuming the meshes are not right on top of each other, You have to select a vertex from one mesh (right click in vertex mode) then shift select a vertex in the other mesh and press ALT-M. You can join the meshes at the center (a point between the 2 selected vertices) at the first selected vertex or at the last selected vertex. You can only do this one pair of verts at a time.

It is possible, if the meshes are aligned just right, to select the whole thing and select "Remove Doubles" from the edit menu bar. This will join all the vertices that are closer than .0001 blender unit apart.

Without a full picture tutorial or more info from you, that is the best I can do for now.

By the way, in the DOJO forum here, there is an entire series on "blender for the Faint of heart" that describes a bunch of the basics.
    OK GUYS I'M BACK WITH A UPDATE.MY SHIP HAS NOW TWO RETARCTABLE CANNONS,DID ALSO SOME WORK AT THE BACK WITH THE ENGINE(TIPS REGARDING THIS),AND HOPE YOU LIKE IT.PLEASE COMMENT.:cool::cool:
    72432.jpg72433.jpg72434.jpg72435.jpg72436.jpg
    It is starting to look good, you are far ahead of me on the blender side of things cuzi am useless.
    Can someone give a tip on how to make engines glow,like they are on?
    Google is your friend
    blender engine glow - Google Search
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt0 Posts: 0Member
    Mach Crit wrote: »
    Having been working at this stuff (playing, actually)for 3 and a half years now and spending 80% of my time in blender (100% since I actually figured out how to use it), my advice is to step back and start simple.

I'd second this, as someone who's just starting to crawl out of the "absolute newbie" stage in Blender into the "aware of the scope of my ignorance newbie" phase instead. ;)

Meugen06, one thing that I started doing that helped me quite a bit to learn the Blender process, and which I'm still doing, is trying to be incremental about the whole process; one simple project per skill I wanted to learn, each building on the previous ones. I'm doing it that way, am reasonably comfortable with the results so far, but I've still got quite a ways to go - along with a lot of appreciation for how complex some of this stuff can get!

It's nice to be able to look at a succession of projects and see the learning happening, though, especially when I'm getting overwhelmed by one thing or another and starting to feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Where you're at now, you might want to work on level of detail in either the mesh or the texture, since either would make things look surprisingly better and would also add nice references of scale, role, and so on to the finished product.

Someone recommended Blender For The Faint-Hearted on this site; I'd second that since it's a really good resources. The Blender 3D: Noob To Pro ebook is also all sorts of fantastic; the two of those together are fantastic stores of information, and both are fairly beginner-friendly. The latter's pretty good at the "one new thing per project" approach, and has some complex enough study ones that you can see yourself doing fairly substantial things quickly when you're otherwise going to be overwhelmed by the interface.

In direct response to your question a few posts above mine - look up "Halo materials" under Noob To Pro and be prepared to spend awhile fiddling with the results. Worth it when you get them right, though.
    HERE ARE SOME SPECS:

NAME:WEREWOLF
    CLASS:SCOUT,RAPID DEPLOYMENT AND EXTRACTION
    LENGTH:23 METRES
    WIDTH:15 METRES
    ARMAMENT:2 RETRACTABLE LASER CANNON
    PASSENGERS:35 MAXIMUM
    CARGO:35 TONNES OF FREIGHT:cool:
    oOK HERE IS THIS WEEKEND UPDATE.PLEASE COMMENT.
    72521.jpg72522.jpg
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt0 Posts: 0Member
    Try mapping your Earth texture to the planet as a sphere - it looks like you did it flat there, and can see the entire surface on one side as a result.

Also, with your starfield, try playing around with the Size, StarDist and Colnoise sections of the star options. Reducing the star distance by a bit and lowering the size by a lot - I usually make mine very small, in the 0.05-0.2 range - will make your background starfield look much better.
    HERE IS A NEW MODEL ATWHICH I'VE STARTED WORKING.PLEASE COMMENT.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    72611.jpg72612.jpg72613.jpg
  • That's a good start. Keep adding modeled detail until you are satisfied. There can never be enough detail. ;)
    Ok guys here is a small update.made the windows,the engines.Please comment.:cool:
    72688.jpg72689.jpg72690.jpg72691.jpg
    It looks a bit like the Prometheus.