Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Nugget starter kits - new to cg? READ THIS FIRST

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    ^Oh, and I forgot to mention. SagCAD is a 2D CAD, so for you guys with the 2D stuff, :thumb:. But it's for Linux only from what I can see.
    This is an open source motion capture application. I haven't tried it myself, as I've just heard of it, but I think it's worth taking a look at, :thumb:.

MoCapSim 1.0 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: N/A
    edited October 2020 #94
    Link no good!!! Organize Your Story[/URL] (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

And umm..... Happy Thanksgiving All, :thumb:.
    Post edited by Hundred on
    This is an old one, but it works great. It's called PlantStudio, and it's absolutely free.

PlantStudio: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5
  • PipPip171 Posts: 0Member
    Hundred wrote: »
    Here's a link to another free one courtesy of backstept, :thumb:, he posted it first. But you have to get your own offline renderer for it.

TrueSpace 7.6 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5

I probably should mention that you do not need to get a offline renderer for it - switch to the "model" tab instead of "workspace" in order to render.
    This is another old one, and it's also free.

Behemout: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

eDrawing: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

ZModeler2: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

amabilis: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

edited October 2020 #99
    3D Render by Akebulan 1.0: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

3D Render 1.0: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Royal Render Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Panda3D Another game engine folks, :thumb:.
  • Silverblade-T-ESilverblade-T-E0 Posts: 0Member
    Free landscaping:

Bryce 5.5
    Bryce - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Vue 7.5 Infinite Personal Learning Edition (just adds adds a logo but never wears out)
    http://www.e-onsoftware.com/try/vue_7_ple/

I'd highly recommend signing up to "Giveawayoftheday", because I've had several free, good apps with that! (Curvy3D 1.5 and Goldwave)
    Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Personal Finances Pro - Personal Finances is an elegant, easy, yet technically advanced personal finance manager. Putting budget tracking on auto-pilot, the program will ...

Another tip I'd recommend is hunting out for every app/company you like, and subscribing to their newsletters. You'll rarely get freebies, but you often get advanced notice of sales, promotions etc. That's how I picked up many apps for 50% off etc, which is an enormous difference when yer budget is tight!
    :)
    Thanks Silverblade-T-E, great stuff, :thumb:.

Here's another freebee from VUE that you all may want to take a look at.

Vue 7 Pioneer - Free! (No limitations, No restrictions)(Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: They're all Vue products. What more is there to say?
    Vue 8 Pioneer - Free!

Vue 8 Science Fiction - $49.95 USD

Vue 8 Fantasy - $49.95 USD

Vue 8 Fairy Tale - $49.95 USD

(No limitations, No restrictions - Except with Pioneer... But you can always buy the modules. :thumb:)(Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: 5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Total Video Converter 3.50

Standard Version $39.96 (USD)

HD Upgrade $50.00 (USD)

HD (Full) Version $75.95 (USD)

(Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

E.M. Youtube Video Download Tool Ver 3.10

Standard Version $24.95 (USD)

Professional Upgrade $15.00 (USD)

Professional (Full) Version $35.95 (USD)

(Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

E.M. Magic Swf2Avi v06.6.9.803

Standard Version $35.95 (USD)

Standard to HD Upgrade $20.00 (USD)

HD (Full) Version $55.95 (USD)

Command Line Version $299.95 (USD)

E.M. DVD Ripper 2.0 - $29.95 (USD)

E.M. Total Video Player V1.31 - FREE!

E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter V2.50

Pro Version (For Personal Use) $45.95 (USD)

Pro Version (For Commercial Use) $99.95 (USD)

They all look pretty good. :thumb:
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Not to be ungrateful, as this thread was a great idea, but wouldn't it have been more useful to have a short description after each product instead of spamming "(Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)" after every link?

I find it hard to sort through everything due to the sheer number and names that in a lot of cases give no hint of what the product does.
    @ sojourner: I have placed a general description of each product to the title(s) of most of the posts I've added to this thread. And I place the advisory at the end of each post in order to avoid confusion, as a few people had some problems with a couple of the download sites back when this thread was first started.

Cost $0.00 (USD) (Please read the titles of each of my posts before accusing me of spamming, :lol:...... And follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) Rating: You guessed it. 5/5 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Just found this yesterday...completely free little sculpting program. Sorta Zbrush like...very powerful. Complete with model painting built in. Has OBJ import and export capabilities. I think this program almost deserves it's own thread...very cool, very fun.

http://www.sculptris.com/
    Hell yeah!!! Good one Ozylot. 5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    FXHome.

For all you open source fans like myself.

Open Source Alternative

Just type in you favorite commercial app, and you'll get links to a billion or so open source applications of the same kind. (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Mitsuba - physically based renderer

Don't know... Never tried it... Sample renderings on the site looks pretty good though... Think I'll try it.

Here's a good one.

BurnAware

Free ($0.00 USD)

Home ($29.95 USD)

Professional ($39.95 USD)

For you game makers out there. :thumb:

Torque 2D ($99.00 USD)

Torque 3D ($99.00 USD)

iTorque 2D ($99.00 USD)

Don't know if I posted this one or not, but... couldn't hurt. :thumb:

FaceGen Modeler ($0.00 - $299 USD)

FaceGen Customizer ($299 USD)

There's another version of this software, but it's a little more pricey.
    SmartDraw Visual Processor

Single user license: ($197.00 USD)

Appleseed Renderer ($0.00 USD)

Rating: (4/5) :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (Based solely upon some pretty decent images in thier gallery, so the rating may very well go up after I've tried it. But it looks to have a lot of potential.)
    For all you photorealistic texture fans. :thumb:

Bricks'n'Tiles - Easy creation of seamless architectural textures ($0.00 USD)

Rating: 5/5 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    edited October 2020 #118
    Here another one for you game-maker types.

J3DWorkbench ($0.00 USD)

Description: J3DWorkbench (J3DWB) J3DWorkbench is a runtime framework and desktop application for building and delivering interactive, 3D visualizations, simulations, and games. Based on Java 3D, J3DWB is a powerful tool, allowing you to create or import 3D objects and scenes in a variety of formats, animate them, adding effects and behaviors. Scenes and simulations can be played back with the tool, or delivered by HTTP to a web page using Java Webstart. No programming is necessary. Source Electric3d.net

Rating: 5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (Base solely on some great screenshots. But I'll be trying in in a few minutes so I'll let you know in a bit. :thumb:)
    Another Sketchup kiddies. :thumb:

pCon Planner ($0.00 USD)

Rating: 5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:(I'm trying it now, working great so far. :thumb:)
    Arbaro - tree generation for povray ($0.00 USD)

Lightworks ($0.00 USD)