Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
edited September 2018 in Work in Progress #1
So I'm going to try and condense 3d my stuff into 1 thread - easier to keep track of. I had a lot of old stuff here before the crash, but I'll start off with something I started this weekend:

57129.jpg
1x.jpg
Post edited by fractalsponge on
Tagged:

• TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    oooh Greeblefest! :) nice work
  • derelictderelict0 Posts: 0Member
    It's good to see you back fractal :) Is it just me or might that be Vader's Tie?

The amount of detail is amazing!
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see you back, Ansel! I look forward to seeing this model progress.
  • alanch90alanch900 Posts: 0Member
    insane detail!
  • George Mezori SCIFI 3DGeorge Mezori SCIFI 3D171 Posts: 0Member
    I think that's what he was working on last and it does look like Vader's Tie. Awesome detailing.
  • Bug 2000Bug 2000171 Posts: 0Member
    Hi.

Welcome back Ansel.

Take care mate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    looks awesome mate!:thumbs:
    Fine work,, nice detail and neat yet not over done ,,:thumb:
  • Northern_MindNorthern_Mind173 Posts: 0Member
    I love it, but i think i speak for everyone here when i say

"We want more!" :D
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Hey Ansel- you've got a lot of catching up to do, Simon's Y Wing is much closer to completion....

:runs:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • DarthMayaDarthMaya0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks soo cool! wohoo :D
    weeeeeeeeee geebles.... :D Really nice work as always
  • NovakNovak171 Posts: 0Member
    Incredible details.. Great work
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet stuff mate:thumb:... Yeah I too think it's way easier to have all the models in one thread... just hope we don't get attached to one model in particular... then you won't hear anything but: "nice... but hows it coming on this or that model"

Very annoying :D
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awsome man..:)....care to share some statistics?...
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    ^ I try not to look at poly stats until it's done - less scary that way :)

This is indeed Vader's TIE, for those who haven't figured it out already. But for those that haven't seen them already (since the thread died with the crash), here are the other members of the series I've done:

TIE interceptor:

33.jpg
    34.jpg

TIE Fighter:
    12.jpg
    w.jpg

More at: http://fractalsponge.net/gallery/

So hopefully I can keep everything straight in a condensed thread. I have some old stuff I'll dredge up again eventually, for anyone new to SFM since the crash.
    Larsen wrote:
    Sweet stuff mate:thumb:... Yeah I too think it's way easier to have all the models in one thread... just hope we don't get attached to one model in particular... then you won't hear anything but: "nice... but hows it coming on this or that model"

Speaking from experience much? :lol:

@Ansel: Jesus, Mary, and Joseph that's a lot of details on those TIE Fighters!
  • I was looking on your site... I didn't know you finished the droidekka. You completely modelled it with the normal "fractalsponge" detailing?
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Thats pretty intense. Love it, do more ;) :thumb:
    Larsen wrote:

I tend to get obsessive about the ISD myself, so I'll try not to post much of that and keep with other projects :)
    I was looking on your site... I didn't know you finished the droidekka. You completely modelled it with the normal "fractalsponge" detailing?

Such as that is, yes :)

There are parts of it that I would like to redo, and maybe add to (like the back carapace), but otherwise I'm happy with it modelling wise. Needs textures of course, but it may be a while before I get it looking realistic. Not much of the WIPs are online, since I finished with it before I got my current site up and running. Eventually I'll put some of it up for people who haven't seen it before.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Great work!

Speaking as someone who is undergoing a TIE fighter as well I can appreciate how much of a pain it can be to plow through all of that minute detail, but you seem to eat it up. :) Can't wait to see more of the Vader model!

Again, kudos.
    ^your's is looking mighty good too, I may add :)

Anyways, results from tonight's work:

2x.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    very nice..:) lots of detail..me like :D
    sweet!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    wheee ... the master of details is back ;)

awesome work!

Greets

Chris
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!: Insane detail there mate!
  • Lt. WashburnLt. Washburn331 Posts: 7Member
    Really nice. Have you seen Mike Verta's Tie? http://www.mikeverta.com/

I only mention it for the wing material he replicated. You might email him on that.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Incredible, just incredible.

I still have the original kit from it's first release that I put together when I was 7 years old, so this ship holds a special place in my heart. :)
    Okay, I have to ask: what the hell are you using for references? I've never seen any shots, even of the studio model, that show the level of detail you're modelling.

Or are you taking the original design and adding even more detail?!? I shudder to think what a Falcon mesh would look like, done to your uber-degree of detail...mind, it's a good shuder, but still...
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Jedilaw wrote:
    Okay, I have to ask: what the hell are you using for references? I've never seen any shots, even of the studio model, that show the level of detail you're modelling.

Or are you taking the original design and adding even more detail?!? I shudder to think what a Falcon mesh would look like, done to your uber-degree of detail...mind, it's a good shuder, but still...

ther<s lot of references in books actually..as to the falcon, well..he can't realy add more then i did..i included them all..LOL