Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTomGA’s Warhammer 40k

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited November 2013 in Work in Progress #1
IA’m playing lately with miniatures from Warhammer 40k. Because I want make some modifications to them in real, then I decided build them as 3D to see it first in computer how it will look like before I start with plasticard :)
It is long time ago, when I was more active in 3D. This is for me something like warm-up with last version of LW. Before I forget it :)
First one is Space Marine Rhino. Basic type without weapons yet. I want make sometimes all known variants of it. You will notice, that mesh doesnA’t have rounded edges. Yeah, for this purpose I donA’t need them. Much more important is shape and correct dimensions of it based on plastic kit from Games Workshop. I will texture it eventualy.

rhino_test21.png
rhino_test24.png
rhino_test23.png
rhino_test26.png
rhino_test27.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

• KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work matey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Here is another Space Marine vehicle - Dreadnought Drop Pod from Forgeworld.
    test04.png
    test03.png
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    omg those are amazing!!! can't wait to see more progress on this! :) keep it up!
    Actual render of Rhino. Regular transport version without weapons is almost ready.
    rhino_test28.png
    rhino_test29.png
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Very, very nice. Even without any rounding you've got it spot on and looking great.
    I don't think one can find a more model-accurate rhino ANYWHERE on the 'net. amazing.

What other models do think you'll make after the Rhino variants? More space marines? or branch out to other races?
    A little bit of edge chamfering and the model will shine ... I always love to see a new W40K model in this forum ... good work :)
    What other models do think you'll make after the Rhino variants? More space marines? or branch out to other races?

Later IA’m going make some more space marines and some imperial guard stuff.

Btw maybe you guys noticed few changes, that I did to Rhino. Shorter track links, back red light, main wheels are fixed only from one side to insure possibility make them spring-loaded. Modified exhaust shrouds.
    Added search light. Next will be Radar dish, Hunter Killer Missile Launcher and Stormbolter. There is missing only electronic inside of cargohold. rhino_test30.png
    Small update on Dreadnought Drop Pod.
    test05.png
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very nice indeed :thumb: The mechanicum would be proud of these meshes....

You gonna do the dreadnought to go in the drop pod?

Is the colouring a hint to the ownership of these vehicles or just pot luck?

Looking forward to the texturing.... :)
    UK-Blade wrote: »
    Looking very nice indeed :thumb: The mechanicum would be proud of these meshes....

You gonna do the dreadnought to go in the drop pod?

Is the colouring a hint to the ownership of these vehicles or just pot luck?

Looking forward to the texturing.... :)

Colouring is only random color. Actualy IA’m going make in real some Hawk Lords. But you can imagine, that in dark violet there will be not much to see. :)
    good job.
    Rhino with Extra Armor Forgeworld style with small adjustment of shapes and dimensions.
    rhino_test33.png
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Crickey, that's some solid modeling. Now get crackin' with the textures! ;)
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very good, Tom. I hope you'll consider releasing this beauty for the general community here to enjoy. :)
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good Tom.

My only comment would be on the smoke launchers. Are they normally that big on a Rhino? They look a little oversized to me.
    DCB wrote: »
    Looks good Tom.

My only comment would be on the smoke launchers. Are they normally that big on a Rhino? They look a little oversized to me.

They have in real diameter 3 mm same as 3D, there is only problem, that hole inside is may be a bit bigger.
  • Hawk_SilkHawk_Silk0 Posts: 0Member
    Real nice work, I wanted to comment when I first saw these but necro posting is bad :lol:

I really like your idea for the rear/brake lights on the Rhino to be honest, mind if I borrow it? (the idea not the actual model)

Regards Hawk.
    Hawk_Silk wrote: »
    Real nice work, I wanted to comment when I first saw these but necro posting is bad :lol:

I really like your idea for the rear/brake lights on the Rhino to be honest, mind if I borrow it? (the idea not the actual model)

Regards Hawk.
    Thanks. It is not only my idea, these rear lights on military vehicles are widely used. May be only on rhino it is my idea. If you want use this idea on your baneblade or somewhere else, you can use it. :)
  • Hawk_SilkHawk_Silk0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, I know they are widely used on real world IFV/AFV/MBT etc but it's the particular style you used that I like. If I decide to add rear/brake lights to the baneblade I'll probably do them like the ones on Forgeworld's Chimera Track Guards to be honest, that style seems fitting for the Guard where as your style seems very fitting for the Astartes.

Regards Hawk.
    IA’m working on EA for front armor of rhino. This is rought screenshot from 3D package to show actual status. There will be some changes around visors include some outside complete visor cover and some small optic box, then you can drive with these visors closed. And of course there will be added rivets and some more plating on hull.
    rhino_test32a.png
    rhino_test32b.png
    this looks good.
    Good stuff indeed. :)
    Thanks guys. IA’m just working on turret plate on top of rhino in razorback configuration. Then I will continue on this front extra armor for rhino, cos it needs some more time to look good.
  • loving the extra armour mod, keep it coming!
    Here is render of Rhino in Razorback configuration with Twinlinked Laser Cannons turret, based on my modified master parts from Forge World. Actually I donA’t like original plastic turrent, then I decided use this FW style turret.
    rhino_test34.png
    rhino_test35.png
    Man, that looks good! And you're 100% right, the FW models do look a lot better.
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Mr Grays, very good.

I'm currently finishing off the same twin linked lascannon turret, hope to post it soon.

Still needs painting ;), have you decided which chapter(s) you're going to do?

Carry On :thumb:
    UK-Blade wrote: »
    Looking good Mr Grays, very good.

I'm currently finishing off the same twin linked lascannon turret, hope to post it soon.

Still needs painting ;), have you decided which chapter(s) you're going to do?

Carry On :thumb:
    Yeah. I choosed Hawk Lords with a bit darker violet, than usuall and gold as second company color from codex. I call them "Violet Abomination". ;)
    But in 3D I can make everything I want and I will have time. :)