Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSide Projects (Random).

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on the Hind Class LCF Hundred and I really like the military/prison/complex as well :thumb:
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Thanx Ice-Dragon. And I wish I could show the work I've done so far on the Medivac Shuttle, but as it is, it takes way too long to render. Not that there are too many polys or anything, it just won't render fast enough for some reason, since my hard drives crashed several weeks back. But I'm not sure if that's really it either. I've had several blender files in the past that did the same thing. Maybe I'll have to export it to rhino and try it.

Thanx again, :thumb:.
    One more....

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=388&g2_serialNumber=2
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Great job on the Hind Frigate,guns could be made a little more imposing,but good work none the less,thanks.:thumb::thumb:
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    Good stuff you've been making here dude. Really nice work on the missile turret. The military base is pretty sweet too, makes me want to go back and work on an air base I never finished. Those guns have a bit weird proportions though. The rest of the buildings looks very realistic but the turrets are almost like caricature. Both the guns themselves and the radar domes look way too big, especially for the bases they are on. I think if you put those missile and gun turrets from previous posts on there instead it would look significantly better. Those buildings are actually very good though, I imagine they would look crazy with some good textures. I'd be nice to see you pursue that project further and build a full base. The frigate looks very good. Keep up the good work :thumb:
    Thanx for the comments Fellas, I appreciate them much. I'm still working on all of my models Berkut, I just post a few as I go because time won't let me post as often as I'd like. And the gun is a near future representation of a modern day Phalanx. I still have to make it look more convincing though. Incidentally, those aren't radar domes, it's where all the bullets are kept, on my version anyways. Actually some type of plasma. And I have thought about putting them elsewhere, and putting the turrets there instead.

Phalanx (CIWS) Block 1B LPWS Testing and Firing

20mm Phalanx CIWS, Navy Weapons

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=390&g2_serialNumber=1
    A random corridor Folks. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=392&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=394&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=396&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=398&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=400&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=402&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=404&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=406&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=408&g2_serialNumber=1
    A few more diagrams, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=410&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=418&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=414&g2_serialNumber=1
    Just tinkering around, so I've decided to try my hand at re-imagining the motorcycle.

Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=465&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=468&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=471&g2_serialNumber=2
    I decided to tackle the body before the engine and stuff. That way I know what to put in there.

Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=474&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=477&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=480&g2_serialNumber=2
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Hundred

Nice organic shape for the bikes fairings, but I think that the back wheel needs to be beefed up a tad but not too big like those silly looking custom bikes with what looks like truck tires on the back. Can you imagine trying to turn with that beast or even brake with all that rolling mass? Crazy even if it does look kind of cool. Otherwise great work:thumb:

Now for the ship: For some reason every time I look at it (and I do like it) I see a prisoner transfer ship. It looks totally utilitarian and functional and for some bizzar reason I just see it with some kind of federal police markings on it. All those rooms in the flats that you showed look like holding cells. Very secure holding cells :D

I think that a small ship like this could have more than one function. A small customs ship would be a good use for it too! I could get on a roll here :lol:

I guess that what I mean is that the design is really good and so lends itself to many functions beyond what you may have envisioned for it originally.

Keep up the great work :thumb:
    Thanx cavebear, I'm actually going for the look of a shark, I don't know how well I'm donig with that though......... Kinda looks like a shark to me.

The ship could be a prison type transport, I never really had a specific use for it though. Other than finishing it for now.The interiors are for another ship, however I can easily incorporate them into Hind.

I actually did decide to make multiple versions of the Medivac Shuttle at one point. I just have to figure out what's wrong with the file now, after a major hd crash several week ago, it hasn't been acting right. I takes almost two day to render, and it's not really that big a file.

More on the bike.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=489&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=492&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=495&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=498&g2_serialNumber=2

Now the bear has run out, and I must make a store run.
    Maybe a hammerhead,

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=501&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=507&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=516&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=510&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=513&g2_serialNumber=2
    Looking good. I would angle the handle bars down like the old racing bikes. I like how the shape of the mirrors look too :thumb: Very hammer head like.
    Thanx cavebear, appreciate the comments. And the idea of angling the bars down is a good one, thanx again.

Tinkering with materials now.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=519&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=522&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=525&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=528&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=531&g2_serialNumber=2
    Only small updates this time nothing too much.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=534&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=537&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=540&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=543&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=546&g2_serialNumber=2
    :D needs a little leather or else as soon as you hit the power you're coming off!! Spokes need work, way to thick right now. If you are going for a shark theme then you might look at making the spokes more like elongated shark teeth. That would look cool :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    If you an pull it off without looking silly, how about some vents over the engine with the look of gills for airflow and to highlight the shark look.
    :D Way ahead of you atomicship, :thumb:.
    More later Folks, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=549&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=552&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=555&g2_serialNumber=2
    Still, not too much more but..........

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=560&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=563&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=566&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=569&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=572&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=575&g2_serialNumber=2
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    its looking pretty good overall needs some harder edges, some lines in the bodywork, the middle is looking too soft and undefined, i guess you're not done with that. have you tested it with a biped for ergonomics? To me it looks like the rider is sitting too far back, or the bike is essentially too long and too low. Also, that brake light is in the wrong place - should be facing more to the rear than to the sky and the headlights look squashed.... be nice to see the seals modelled on the lights and the reflector and bulbs in there. and single assymetric swingarms look cooler than the double. looking back a page the chassis seems a little simplistic in design and too thin. i think bike frames are generally wider, spilling out to surround the engine http://www.highsidehooligans.com/images/Write%20Ups/How%20To%27s/R6%20Work/03_10_04%20-%20Removing%20Motor/Bike%20Frame%20Left%20Side.jpg

keep it up, nice to see something different:thumb:
    Thanx Coolhand, and yes it is still rather soft around the middle, basically because like you said, I still haven't finished. I plan to spend quite a bit of time on all of this model's components. And no, not yet, I haven't tested it with a biped, I think I'll download one and check the bike's proportions next. Actually I should've already done that. And yes it was too long, I did that when I was shaping the “leg area” of the body, but I've reduced it again to where it was originally. Big improvement. The brake lights were in the wrong spot as well, so to solve that I pretty much made the entire back of the bike into a brake light. Seals, bulbs, wires, even spark plugs will go on this bike eventually. I plan on making this bike, and a car that I'm working on, with practically everything a real car and bike would have. The swingarms as well as the rest of the chassis will be reworked, as well as wheels and tires and so on, but first I want to finish the body work. Thanx again, :thumb:.

More minor updates Folks.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=590&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=593&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=602&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=605&g2_serialNumber=2
    More on the military/prison/complex. I remade the phalanx-type gun to suite the buildings better IMO, as well as added another building to the pile. This one (these actually as there will be several) is the defense bunker. More to come.......... pretty soon.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=619&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=621&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=623&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great start on your military/prison/complex
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    good stuff dude, I dig that generator. I still think the gun is too big compared to the turret structure :p it looks like you could fit very little ammo into that drum. But thats just me :)
    Thanx Fellas. And I was actually thinking of changing the gun's barrels all together Berkut, or just make multiple versions of this particular turret. And you're right, they are too big. Thanx again Fellas, :thumb:.

Oh and that's not a drum Berkut, it's another type of generator.

A few changes folks, don't think I'll do too much more to it, maybe a modest interior later.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=625&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=627&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=629&g2_serialNumber=1
    One more before I call it a night........ morning. It's a truck, :thumb:. For my military/prison/complex.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=631&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=633&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=635&g2_serialNumber=1