Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWall-E

• tippy1000tippy10000 Posts: 0Member
    OMG! I think I wet myself...no.. wait, thats just drool in my lap
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    ama zing job, really great! :thumb:
  • nico-r44nico-r44179 Posts: 157Member
    Thanks so much friends ;)
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    WOOW. That's great. I cant wait to see how you make his head.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Man, I keep getting blow away by this, every time I have see it.
    Thanks guys!!!! :)

Here is just another view:
    45958451.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Oooooh, someone needs to derust his treads.... :)

Sweet work.
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    It just occurred to me that with the design of those arms (and having no elbow) I don't think he can actually reach those buttons at the top of his body, and yet he somehow does. Model looks flawless so far though.
    Cheers guys!!

Hi Ozy,

Indeed like you say, he can't actually reach those buttons, but not only that, in real life the tracks can never retract like that, the mounting brackets would intersect each other.
    also when his head would retract the way it does it would also intersect other components like the tracks (among other parts) but I call it artistic freedom on Pixars part ;)

Cheers, Curt.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm pretty sure he can reach the buttons because the "shoulder" parts can move forward giving the arms a lot more freedom of movement than is first apparent. Besides, the movie was so good that anyone who holds that that sort of thing against it should be just plain shot! :p
  • RayonxRayonx331 Posts: 0Member
    nico-r44 wrote: »
    Cheers guys!!

Hi Ozy,

Indeed like you say, he can't actually reach those buttons, but not only that, in real life the tracks can never retract like that, the mounting brackets would intersect each other.
    also when his head would retract the way it does it would also intersect other components like the tracks (among other parts) but I call it artistic freedom on Pixars part ;)

Cheers, Curt.

I agree on the artistic freedom. But my nephew has a WallE with every part can retract like the "real" one. And there is no scale problem about the tracks or the arms. The only problem is the hole at the bottom where the tracks goes to that is not cover up by any part in the toy and the movie version. So how does he keep evrything in his chest drawer from falling????

(sorry for the bad english)

Amazing work!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    This is looking amazing! Keep it up!

Funny how the intersection problem came up. I just read an article on how they had to write a script so that the pieces, when animated, wouldn't intersect and cause problems with the software. The pieces do not actually work.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dam that sweet!
    Thanks guys!!!!

Hey Dallidas, I would love to see that article, do you have a link? very interesting!
    ill see if i can find it. It might have been on CGsociety

Found it http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4581&page=2
    Cool! thanks!! 8)
    Very nice. Loved the movie.
  • Knowles2Knowles2171 Posts: 0Member
    Armondikov wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he can reach the buttons because the "shoulder" parts can move forward giving the arms a lot more freedom of movement than is first apparent. Besides, the movie was so good that anyone who holds that that sort of thing against it should be just plain shot! :p

Shooting them would be to nice.
    Thanks Puny_Lemon!!
    One year ago I stopped working on Wall-E, due to some private circumstances, but now I'm back, this time rendered directly via SolidWorks 2010 using the Maxwell plug-in.
    Time to pick it up and finally finish this baby and give him some intestines and a face (soon to come ;) )

w10078.png

image1dkl.jpg
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great! Love the render.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great ! :thumb: I really like the design of Wall-E and you captured that look perfectly. Looking forward to seeing more !
    Thanks guys! more to come ;)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Ooooh very nice, looking forward to more :)

Don't know if you have seen the real Wall-E or if anyone has posted anything about it but in case not here you go (pretty cool) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZ5Lj1InBQ&feature=related
    Thanks Wiz! yes i saw that one, pretty cool indeed!
    Here is another one, just a few changes:
    walle0003.png
    Will it have all the animations, or just a static model? Looks amazing so far. I love the tyre textures.
    Thanks PadraigBalch!!

For now it's only for static rendering, but all parts work as they should.
    Thus far the model is physically correct.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    aaaahhh ... he is back! nice render

Chris :)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    aaaahhh ... he is back! nice render

Chris :)
    Hi Chris! thanks man!!:cool: