Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSide Projects (Random).

HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
edited August 2021 in Work in Progress #1

In this thread I will be posting all of my random and miscellaneous WIP side projects.

These first images are of a near future, emergency medical-evac shuttle. Ithat I've been working on for the past few hours or so. Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

r51u9i4ljmph.png
595ef8cgif0p.png
Post edited by Hundred on
Tagged:

• Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start I like the design, thought I'd be tempted to narrow that cockpit area as I think it doesn't sui the overall design of the ship.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice shuttle mate! Well, I kinda like the size of the cockpit but personally I'd give it a more helicopter/cargo plane look to 'solidify' the design.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    So far.....

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=278&g2_serialNumber=2

Thanx Fellas, as a matter of fact I was thinking of redoing the cockpit altogether. Though I like it, it still seems...... odd to me. Other than that, as it stands I'm not going to do too much more to it. From here on out I'm just basically going to be adding exterior panels, a hatch, some greebles, etc. Interior and textures will follow of course, :thumb:. Thanx again.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=266&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=269&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=272&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=275&g2_serialNumber=2
    Cool, well, personally I'd try experiment with some different layouts for struts for the cockpit windows. from just a few vertical struts to something like a Mil-35 Hind.

http://www.aviapedia.com/files/helicopters/Mi-24/Mi-24-1.jpg
    http://www.aviapedia.com/files/helicopters/Mi-24/Mi-24-2.jpg
    http://www.aviapedia.com/files/helicopters/Mi-24/Mi-24.jpg
    Widened it a bit. Still working on it. More updates soon. Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=280&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=282&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=284&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=286&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool looking shuttle you have got there mate:thumb:

only one thing, the top of the cockpit looks odd to me, I would change the flat top and keep it sloped along with the rest of the ship.
    Yeah I know, it does look odd, I was saying that earlier, but I think I'm gonna let it stay for now. It's not too bad. Actually, with the wing extended, it kind of looks like a penguin sliding on its belly. :lol: Thanx. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=288&g2_serialNumber=1
    I like that odd kink in the cockpit's 'neck'. LOL, pinguin... superb! Work with that, give him dark & light paint job!! :D
    Thanx Meph, great idea. It definitely has the look IMO, :lol:. Well as of now this little ship has taken on a life of its own in a way. I started with a ship the other day, now I have almost an entire medical complex built, plus a scene to animate. I guess I'll add it to the animated short I'm already working on. I can't seem to leave well enough alone, :lol:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=291&g2_serialNumber=2
    I guess I'd better stat texturing some of this stuff before it gets too far out of hand.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=294&g2_serialNumber=2
    Maybe I'll make a colony of it, at the least an urban area of some kind. And to think, this all started with a circle.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=297&g2_serialNumber=2
    well.... nice circle I'd say!! :-D
    This is a station I'm using in something I'm piecing together with some people I know. Not going to do too much more to it, just a few more greebles, and a few textures, and that's about it. Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=300&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=306&g2_serialNumber=2
    A few more additions. Still working on it. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=312&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=315&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=318&g2_serialNumber=2
    Quick size comparison images folks. I raised the cockpit and widened the craft a little more, to give more interior room. Still working on it. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=321&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=324&g2_serialNumber=2
    All good stuff, few comments though, make the hull a bit thicker. It's looking a bit flimsy right now. And er... windscreen wiper...? :D
    Meph wrote: »
    All good stuff, few comments though, make the hull a bit thicker. It's looking a bit flimsy right now. And er... windscreen wiper...? :D

Thanx Meph. Yeah I've already started on the inner-hull, I wanted to get everything in place before I cut out the outer platings. Then once both inner as well as out hulls are finished, I can add the skeleton. And yes, they are wipers... :lol: I intend to put everything on this craft, inside and out, that you would find on any contemporary helicopter, and or cargo plane. Though the next thing I intend to do will be smoothing it down a bit, it's still quite blocky. And thanx for the vertical strut idea, originally I was just going to put some future-age landing thingys there; but the struts worked out even better.

More updates on the way. :thumb:
    Yeah, that cockpit has a nice retro feel right now. Somehow it feels like a late 70's, early '80's design, which isn't bad, as most cool planes date from that era :D

Actually it really reminds me of Tacit Blue, the true granddaddy of stealth...
    More like the back of a Pacer, :thumb:.

01-1975-amc-pacer-x.jpg
    Or the back-end of an Astra:D
    Nothing too much today, but still working on it. Tell me what you thnk, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=327&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=330&g2_serialNumber=2
    Damn, that's a pretty steep ramp... why not have the top bit fold down (partially?) too. that way users won't have to risk breaking their ankles... ;)
    That's not the ramp, it's just the bottom gate. I guess the ramp will be the next thing I'll do. Thanx for the comments Meph, :thumb:

Forgot one.....
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=333&g2_serialNumber=2
    Hmm suggestion for perhaps a different hatch that might look good with this design.
    the top bit, instead of opening upwards, it's might also look good if cut in two vertical doors that open along the upper sides. like the back doors of a truck...?
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the Penguin Medivac!
    Thanx Fellas, appreciate the suggestions and the comments, I'm still developing it as I go. There have been a few changes since my last post of the Medevac Shuttle, but due to unforeseen hard-drive issues with the PC that it's on; I had to put in hold for a time. I hope to get back to it soon. Now for this weekend's diversion. TURRETS!!!!!

This is one I'm just about finished with. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=347&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=349&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=351&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Good looking turret you've got there:D
    Thanx Ice-Dragon, appreciate the comment. All right folks, here's the missile launching variant of the previous. Still working on it, should be done soon. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=353&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=355&g2_serialNumber=1
    Here's a near future military/prison/complex of somekind, that I put together out of boredom.

1. armory

2. barricks

3. defense tower

4. command bunker

Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=357&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=359&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=361&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=363&g2_serialNumber=1
    Alright Folks, this is a Hind Class LCF, (light combat frigate). Still working on it, much to do, tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=379&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=382&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=385&g2_serialNumber=2