Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    @ jay-mo:

Thanks mate !! .... If you start modelling some 40K, ... be warned, its quite addictive ... There's plenty of cool stuff to do !!

@ Meph & Freak:

Cheers guys !!

@ Armondikov & Kadaeux:

Quoting directly from the text in the WIP Pic 002 and the new one below about the temp texture >>>

Ref Image (low resolution) mapped straight over geometry for quick test of colour scheme, ... Will be doing my own high res textures to match Reference image for the final model ...

Basically the paint job is going to look like this but alot better ..

@ Road warrior:

Thanks Travis !! ... Yeah it's alot of fun doing 40K stuff , ... I just do a bit of reading about certain things I model, so that things make sense for scenes later ....

Just wanted to show one more of the whole side, .... The following updates will stay as Clay renders until modelling is done ,... Still got more to do with the side, before moving to the top section ...

Thanks everyone :thumb: !!

Jas

Pq1V8Y2r.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, I know it's a temp test :p . I was just remarking that it's incredibly effective for what it is.

Since we have three Land Raiders on the go, is there anything that hasn't been modelled from 40K yet? I've found one picture of a Thunderhawk WIP out there so I don't have the monopoly on that. Titans get a lot of attention and I think most marine tanks have been done.... Eldar perhaps? They don't seem to get much attention.
    Wasn't sure if you & Kitt were pulling my chain about that :D ....

I don't know what has & hasn't been modelled from 40K, ... If there's something I like, ... I'll model it, regardless if its been done before, .... For me, I've got scenes planned out and know what I need to model for them (as mentioned in an earlier post) ..... There is a Titan that I want to do, ...but its not planned for the Grey Knight scenes, so that's been put on the TO DO list ... There's quite a few 40K models that I'd like to do, ... but don't want to be distracted with what I'm doing atm ...

The modelling side of things is just the beginning, and look at the 40K models I'm doing as my actors and props to do more interesting things with them later, .... the way I look at it is, .. People may have built the same 40K models I'm doing in the past, but they wont be seen in quite the same way I plan to show them, ....

There's so much variety and different races to choose from, its just down to personal preference .... So your best bet is to not worry what anyone else is doing or done, ... and plan your own scene or just something that will hold your interest and stay with it, and put your own Armondikov style stamp on it !! .... You've already got some 40K models that need finishing .. particularly the Thunderhawk which was turning out great .... Do something with them !!!

Jas
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Excellent work, as usual :)
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Armondikov wrote: »
    Eldar perhaps? They don't seem to get much attention.
    Yeah Eldar are almost completely untapped I'd say - virgin territory. There are some really nice designs to be had there too. I've always had a soft spot for the Falcon grav tank. Tau would probably be another race with little existing modelling. I don't know much about them as they came long after I'd given up the miniature side of things. If you wanted to go organic there's the Tyranids. If you want something completely out of left field that the young 'uns have never even heard of there's the Squats.
    I was thinking of this. It's been staring at me ever since I started doing 40K models... I just wouldn't know where to start! http://es.games-workshop.com/warhammer40k/images/descargables/wp_05_1280.jpg

But I agree with your point that it's okay to do what has been done before. At the very least you have seen it before so know it's possible. And you can always think "well, I'm going to just do it better!!"
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if you & Kitt were pulling my chain about that :D ....

*Gives chain a hard pull.*

Its great work mate. Though anyone who doubted it would be a fool!

EDIT: I'm doing a Land Speeder Typhoon, will be posting WIP soon enough ;)
    More done to the Land Raider's side ....

@ Fractalsponge:

Cheers mate !!

@ Armondikov:

Doing great so far with Calgar ...

@ Kadaeux:

Will check out your speeder ....

Thanks Guys !

Jas

*EDIT* Land Raider WIP 004 pic updated - Post #165
    How many polys so far?
    DCB wrote: »
    How many polys so far?

NONE .... Not allowed any Parrots onboard :runs: .....

Jas
    ...kill him....
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member

Jas

ROFL :lol:

Jas

I must say that your specism and prejudice against colourful flying animals is somewhat disturbing and illogical.

*Purges Kennel of Puppies with Incinerator*

Now what was I saying???

:runs:
    Updated Land Raider WIP 004 that now has the rest of the detail cut-in for the Side part, .. along with a couple of minor adjustments done .... I know there are 4 small panels to cut-in on the door and will do those when I finish off the other door for the opposite side which has some differences ....

@ DCB:

Currently 34k so far ....

*EDIT* Re-posted with minor improvements

Jas

aV1MKzxS.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Slick as usual mate. :thumb:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    So very cool, I love the detail you put into your models.
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy crap 34k for the side of the vehicle, god she's going to be what 1 million polys by the end of it? You sir are mad! :p

Looks fantastic though ;)
    Not to sound negative but personally your edges are too soft. While they shouldn't look sharp enough to cut someone they should look a tad sharper than that. At the moment they look like they've been made "child-safe".
    Well they've got to be child safe incase a Blood Angel gets into one and has a boo boo on a sharp edge ;) :o

Personally I like the edges, they feel fine to me.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Looks great Jas- keep it coming buddy!
    Thanks Guys !! :thumb:

@ Sly Assassin:

34k isn't much, .... Will say what the final Polycount is once its done, ... But it definitely won't be anywhere near that high, .... since this will be a practical model planned for animation sequences later..... Will do a quick animation of it once its built, rumbling past the screen !! :cool: ....

@ Kadaeux:

I've got enough Ref material of Forgeworld's Physical model to make sure I'm matching the edge rounding, and don't see any problems so far .... Ref pic below ...

Note: The REF pic is the LEFT side of the Land Raider, which has differences such as the Door Hatch footsteps are moved forward along with a few other minor differences from the RIGHT Side .... so don't focus on the details, ... Just the Edge rounding .... see if you still think the same after viewing the Ref ....

But constructive crits are always welcome .... so don't hold back guys if you spot something that I may miss while its WIP, so I can double check, and sort if needed ....

Cheers !!

Jas

aV1LL2_i.jpg
    Technically that's not Forgeworld's model. It's the base GW plastic kit. Forgeworld only make add-ons for it.

Looking good so far. Not surprised at the poly count. Can we see a wire?
    Thanks Guys !! :thumb:

@ Sly Assassin:

34k isn't much, .... Will say what the final Polycount is once its done, ... But it definitely won't be anywhere near that high, .... since this will be a practical model planned for animation sequences later..... Will do a quick animation of it once its built, rumbling past the screen !! :cool: ....

@ Kadaeux:

I've got enough Ref material of Forgeworld's Physical model to make sure I'm matching the edge rounding, and don't see any problems so far .... Ref pic below ...

Note: The REF pic is the LEFT side of the Land Raider, which has differences such as the Door Hatch footsteps are moved forward along with a few other minor differences from the RIGHT Side .... so don't focus on the details, ... Just the Edge rounding .... see if you still think the same after viewing the Ref ....

But constructive crits are always welcome .... so don't hold back guys if you spot something that I may miss while its WIP, so I can double check, and sort if needed ....

Cheers !!

Jas

aV1LL2_i.jpg

Yes I see the smoothing, but yours seems (how to phrase it) 'wider' your smoothing seemingly occupies a larger area than the GW model. But that could just be whatever shiny texture you use is.

As I think I said (and if I didn't I am now) its not a problem just one of those niggling little details that doesn't look quite right at this point. No doubt the texturing would remove those concerns.
    @ DCB:

Will post wires of the completed model along with some animation .... and what's happened to your Land Raider ?, .. You were flying along great with it, ... then nothing ?? .....

@ Kadaeux:

I've just re-posted WIP 004 pic (post # 165) .... Just did some minor improvements ... though not to the edges, .... There's nothing I see so far that requires re-doing, .. and not concerned about any fractional difference ... Let's just say, I won't be losing sleep over it :D ... Thanks for the feedback though !! :thumb: .....

Jas
    what's happened to your Land Raider ?, .. You were flying along great with it, ... then nothing ??
    Got other concerns atm. I'll probably return to it at some point.
    @ Kadaeux:

I've just re-posted WIP 004 pic (post # 165) .... Just did some minor improvements ... though not to the edges, .... There's nothing I see so far that requires re-doing, .. and not concerned about any fractional difference ... Let's just say, I won't be losing sleep over it :D ... Thanks for the feedback though !! :thumb: .....

Jas

Very cool. And I noticed what it was that bothered me. Its an optical illusion of sorts, the lighting makes the smoothed edges themselves brighter than the rest giving the illusion of them being wider than they actually are :D
    @ DCB:

Hope you get whatever it is sorted soon mate, ... and get back on track with some updates ....

@ Kadaeux:

Lighting can sometimes do that, ... but by the time it's got a paintjob, you won't have that problem :cool: ...

Working on the top over the weekend, ... but here's the start of it .... The track guard is still hard-edged, as Ive still got to cut in some detail before finishing off that part ....

Jas

gxZsJrJ.jpg
    You sir are doing a wonderful job, I really can't wait to see this finished. If I could model this good then I'd try making a sentinal walker :)
    Added some track and the front Head Lights, ... Will be a full track, since its going to be animated .... just wanted to see what you thought ? ...

@ Sly Assassin:

Thanks mate !! ... As for the sentinel, .. if you want to do it, ... go for it Rick !!, ... If you hit any stumbling blocks during the build, I'm sure the guys will offer help, aswell as any I can throw your way with constructive crits etc ....

Jas

*EDIT* WIP 006 Updated - Track Adjusted

aV1Yqrb0.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice update! It's like... you added... a 3rd dimension! :eek:

:D