Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Nicely done! I especially like the SAAF and HAF-inspired schemes, I've always been a fan of their Mirages.
    Updated some older planes.

F-27C Warhawk II

f27cbaseqy2.th.png

F-29C Lynx

f29cbasevu7.th.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    damian wrote: »
    Talos wrote: »

Oh? I'd love to see what you've come up with.

QUOTE]

My profiles aren't as advanced as yours as I'm still learning the ropes. The next big step will be shading and weathering :). But on to the VF-4s

1. This one is inspired by the late camo scheme worn by our Mirge F-1AZs here in SA. She's in the markings of 1 Sqn.

SAAFVF-4.jpg

2. A VF-4 in IAF camo as used on their F-16s

IAFVF-4.jpg

3. HAF "Ghost Scheme" with 341 Mira's unit emblem.

GhostSchemeVF-4.jpg

4. French Mirage 2000 inspired scheme. Markings are for EDC 1/2 Cigognes.

ADAVF-4.jpg

5. Finally a USAF-ish scheme, well I use the same colours as on USAF F-16s. Markings are for the 558th TFS.

USAFVF-4.jpg

Hope you like 'em :)

D

They're great!
  • coolusernamecoolusername0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesomeness!

Cant wait to see more!
  • damiandamian0 Posts: 0Member
    Some VF-0Bs

VF-101VF-0Bwithgubpod1.png

VF-154VF-0Bwithgunpod.png

:)
    Been busy with the spring semester starting up, but here's some stuff I've been working on.

vf1wepsvk9.th.jpgf29as6.th.jpg
    tsrjasdfbluewj9.th.png

Fanracer and Fanliner from Macross
    fanracerrw9.th.jpgfanlinerqn7.th.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    talos, when are you going to update the YF-19?

sorry if I'm nagging, just curious, is all.
    talos, when are you going to update the YF-19?

sorry if I'm nagging, just curious, is all.

Eventually! XD I'm working on that some and the VF-19F.
    I meant the VF-19, I was referring to it by it's prototype designation, sorry for the confusion.

if I supply a 5 view done by someone I know, would it help you out, and possibly convince you to render the other views as well?
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Talos wrote: »
    tsrjasdfbluewj9.th.png
    You've definitely got to shade this one! It's too beautiful a bird to do it wrong! :D
    B.J. wrote: »
    You've definitely got to shade this one! It's too beautiful a bird to do it wrong! :D

I'm going to, but that's why I'm holding off until I improve my skills! :D

In the meantime, here's another retro 1970s squadron markings VF-4, SVF-151 Vigilantes.

th_VF-4SVF-151retro.png
    th_VF-4SVF-153.png
    th_VF-4SVF-154b.png
    th_VF-4SVF-154a.png
    Finally finished the VA-3!

va3ae9.th.jpgva3blv9.th.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    damian wrote: »
    Some VF-0Bs

VF-101VF-0Bwithgubpod1.png

VF-154VF-0Bwithgunpod.png

:)
    Sweet!
    ve3yy7.th.jpg

In the decades after the end of Space War I and during the reconstruction of Earth and the initial movement of colony missions, most ELINT, recon, C2, and AWACS support was provided by modified VF-1Ds (VEFR-1) or purpose-built ships derived from the VT-1 (VE-1). With the main fighter force transitioning to the VF-4 and VF-5000 variable fighters, a new platform with higher speed and more up to date technology was desired.

The solution Northrom-Grumman came up with was to fit an updated version of the VE-1's sensor and ECM suite in their successful and easily adaptable VA-3 Invader spaceframe. The new craft, called the VE-3 Howler, featured a second crewmember to handle the data load from the sensors and to control the powerful ECM and ECCM systems it was fitted with. The Howler remained completely combat-capable and retained all the pylons and carrying capacity of the base attack plane. Occasionally, in some squadrons and missions, the radar dome could be dismounted to improve speed and maneuver capablilities.

Eventually, the VE-3 was supported by new variable fighter-class craft with a similar mission, versions of the successful VF-11, the VF-17, and VF-171. Despite being slow and vunerable in comparison to the smaller ships, the VE-3 (Redesignated by NUNS as the RVA-3 and carrying an enhanced electronics suite) continues to serve in various planetary defense forces and outlying colonies.
    no offense, but I've always found that particular veritech to be fugly as hell.....

still, nice drawing as always.
    Thanks, XRaider. Yeah, the VA-3 is an ugly bird, but she is fun.

Two more retro VF-4s.
    th_VF-4SVF-96.png
    th_VF-4SVF-202CAG.png
    Here's something I've been working on too, especially since I just rewatched Stratos 4. It's the TSR-2MS, a customized TSR-2 modified for use by the Meteor Sweepers in high-altitude intercepts of falling cometary fragments. It has a new one-piece canopy, RCS thrusters in the nose, and a rocket booster that's used with a zero-length launch from a rail, along with disposable rocket boosters hung under the wings. I'm going to do color profiles of the various schemes it wears during the course of the show.

tsr2msbaseky1.th.png
    Preview!

tsr2ms1ur8.th.png
    Just a small update to my aircraft chart while I finish the shading on my first TSR-2MS profile.

aircraftchartcb4.th.png
    Finally got the blue JASDF TSR-2 done enough to post. Probably a few small things I might still go back and revise, but I'm 95% satisfied with it.

th_TSRJASDFblue.png
    Cool! That's a big sucker, isn't it? :D You might want to put some additional shading/hilights around the inlet because that area looks a bit flat.
    Yeah, I was looking at that too. I was concerned with washing out the actual image around there with too much shading and highlighting, but I'll go back and work on it again.
    th_TSRLuft1.png
    Royal Saudi Air Force TSR-2.
    th_TSRRSAFcamo.png
    NASA TSR-2s.

th_NASATSR-2.png
    Cool! Different era liveries, right? Although it's kinda hard to pick out the canopy from the rest of the white.
    Yeah, about thirty years worth of TSR-2s in NASA. It's unreadable, but there's text on the stripe of the last one saying "Last Chase, TSR-2: 1969-1999". I'm going to work on the canopy, I still don't know how to really do glass yet. Some Canadian birds coming soon!
    Here are the TSR-2s I finished while the site was hacked.

They are a black RAF TSR-2, based on a model someone did over at What If forums. XR229, the weapon carriage test bird for the flight test program of the TSR-2. The other two Canadian examples, one from the unified Canadian Forces and the other a Tiger Meet example from the early 1980s Canadian Air Force.

th_TSRblack.png
    th_TSR-2CAFTiger.png
    th_TSR-2CAF1.png
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant work on the tigermeet scheme the others are great as well. But I like the tiger one the best :D