Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNear future mecha universe wips

• BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    @Freak, thanks dude

@Meph, mostly thanks to your advice, thanks for the help
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    maybe a " caution: do not touch while in use" on the side of the gun ?

looks sweet :)
    thanks, hehe, well I did put some warning stickers

"Do not put pressure on camera"

"185mm shell casings fly out here" "DANGER!"
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    lol.

whats the rate of fire of your 185mm cannon.
    probably around 30 rounds per minute. 1980s russian naval large caliber autoloaders could pump out around 40 rpm, while modern tank autoloaders do like 10 rpm. 30 rpm seems reasonable. Although the only time I could see the need for using maximum rate of fire would be in an artillery strike role. Those 11 round magazines would disappear pretty fast. It's more or less a backup for the powerful but unreliable particle beam cannon.
    No it's not quite dead....yet. I'm kinda jumping between this and my martian idea frigate since depending on my mood I like to work on mechs or spaceships, and there isn't any place in my near future universe for advanced space warships and mephs universe for mechs. Anyways I'm continuing my painful path of learning texturing: textured the shoulder and the SAM/AAA system. C&C as always welcome.
    61329.jpg
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Nice textures, very flat and basic. Very military, IMO. good job, :thumb:.
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    For a beginner texture artisit Bogdan, you've got some damned good natural talent. The texture looks great so far, the weathering is very well done and I can't see any repetitive areas or seams on the texture thus far. So well done :)
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Hehehe nice textures!

You could always fiddle around a bit more with chipped off paint around the edges with some bare metal underneath, either with opacity and a layered material or with a metal-like mayer under you psd (the last being lighter to render)
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    man berkut those textures are looking awsome. I think Im going to up my order, lets go with a cool million shall we? Now do you except Republic credits?
    Meph wrote: »
    Hehehe nice textures!

You could always fiddle around a bit more with chipped off paint around the edges with some bare metal underneath, either with opacity and a layered material or with a metal-like mayer under you psd (the last being lighter to render)

I thought I did :o lol

thanks guys

Hundred, they still look flat somehow, eh? I don't even know what to do anymore, I think it may have something to do with my lighting at this point, or rather the lack of, I just had 2 spotlights in the scene atm. I'll have to look around for lighting tutorials.
    No Berkut, I didn't mean flat as in 2 dimensional. I meant flat as in having a very low sheen, like military vehicle colors. The way I would assume a battle-mech would look if the military had one.

Code Guardian Part 1.

Code Guardian Part 2.

They're really very good, :thumb:.
    I think you mean they've got a matt color, most military colors are matt paints.
    matt

adjective
    1. not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish" [syn: flat]

noun
    1. the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss [syn: flatness]

sheen
       
    –noun
    1. luster; brightness; radiance.
    2. gleaming attire.
    –adjective
    3. shining.
    4. beautiful.
    –verb (used without object)
    5. Scot. and North England. to shine.
    Origin:
    bef. 900; (adj.) ME sheene beautiful, bright, shining, OE scēne; c. G schon; (v.) ME s(c)henen, deriv. of the adj.; (n.) deriv. of the adj.

When a color or a thing is matt, it has little or no sheen. But you've got the idea, :thumb:.
    oh, thanks. Yeah I was looking at russian tanks and fighters but with more paint damage when I was making the texture. The camo colours are actually exact T-90 colours. I still find something about it unsatisfactory though, like I said I hope to fix it with better lighting.

I wish I could work on this more...stupid exams.
    Alrighty then, I've been working on the reactive armour panels quite a bit lately, and they are taking a long long time to do. (Soooo many of them, lol). I've finished texturing of the front centre armour panels, and am about 60% done on the rest of the torso panels. Also I did some work on the background story to make it a bit more interesting. There's a map (lightly coloured regions are close allies of the 5 major alliances but not a part of them), a description of all the factions and a technology timeline. I'll probably make a story timeline sometime soon as well, but just to say the mechs (and the world map) I'm making right now are somewhere at the end of generation 2.....I'm starting to want to model a tank or an apc, lol.

Tell me what you guys think.

edit: I'm probably just going to do all the stuff for this universe in this one thread, but I can't come up with a universe name that I like. Open to suggestions.
    63148.jpg63149.jpg
    Dude, the time put into those armour plates is paying off, those look mighty good mate, well done! :thumb:

I like the background too, somehow it has a very Gundam'esque feel to it, which isn't bad at all. In most Mech universes you see these large alliances/conglomerates to clear up the political setting. Nice job too.
    nice work on the texturing, I'm loving the chipped, scratched feel it has.
    thanks guys

@Meph, yerr, I think in most future fictional scenarios we seen large alliances not only mech, cause nobody wants to make different units for like 200 countries, lol.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Man shes coming along nicely, love the map division as well.
    thanks dude. I'm starting to get the feeling though that my computer won't be able to render the final model 'cause of the texture sizes, may have to reduce the quality a tad, right now I'm following Meph's advice of "the bigger the textures the better" lol.
    lol yeah, but watch out that you don't end up with one humongous psd per armour panel ey, take some shortcuts here and there and stuff that won't be fully visible, and on flat surfaces you can texture a 'group' of paneling at once. I can't imagine the horror if I should texture every panel of the Heracles separately :eek:
    lol, no, I'm texturing it in pieces, for example all the ERA on the torso, including front, back, side everything, is broken up into about 8 sets.
    I'm finally finished texturing all the torso armour panels, I know there are some left on the legs, but all in due time, I still need to learn how to make proper looking mud for the lower legs, heh. Please ignore any obviously slapped on textures that are left over from the original "texturing" job, lol. I've started thinking again whether I should add a utility claw and a melee weapon to this one like on the european unit, and if I do what kind of melee weapon. Anyways c&c as always welcome.
    63408.jpg
    Hmmm melee... if you want it to keep utalitarian, go for a circular saw, a pair of highly powered shears or clamps. The excuse being to have a tool to free itself from urban debris and cables. I can imagine that thing being tangled with chicken wire after chasing a Euro mech through some suburban gardens... :D

Or if you want to go full weapon mode; why not a sword or pneumatic lance? No escuse, only kill kill kill!

The textures are looking good mate, I'm to see the rest. :thumb:
    Thanks meph. So yea, I ended up going with a high performance chainsaw. Dirty, I know but it'll get the job done, heh. Plus since it is a gen 1.5 unit I wanted the melee weapon to show it's slightly less advanced. I threw together a spear for it, well I guess technically it's more of a sword staff. Also made an image of the snow leopard charging...just to show it's still alive, heh.
    63868.jpg63869.jpg
    Those look cool mate! Suddenly you've got a nice samurai-vibe going on with some mean-looking naginata's :thumb: I can so visualize mechanic limbs being severed, infanctry mowed down by teh squad, APC's skewered like limp swines... :thumb:
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Somehow, I can see a post-apocalyptic battlefield scene where the 2 mechs are skewered against each other, both having the other's melee weapon through the cockpit. The snow leopard is almost sawn thru the torso and twisted while the Russion mech has a lance through the body. Crows are perched on the shoulders and blown hatches, limbs lying akimbo in the dirty snow...

Great work!
    thanks guys.

Mach, that's a damn sweet idea, I would actually like to try to do that at some point, thanks! Would take A LOT of work, but we'll see.
    I've changed some proportions, I think it looks much more balanced this way. Also made a new knee joint cause...umm, I don't know what I was thinking when I made the first one, heh.
    63973.jpg