Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DAircraft

• caliburncaliburn191 Posts: 0Member
    I may have missed a lot of the schematics, but all the ones that I found, or wasted my time finding to be more exact, that had Mihoshis name attached were collaborative, not individual efforts.
    All the ones B4000 has posted here are individual efforts, I know that this is the kind of effort that deserves praise, you go for it b4000, you the man, the last one, way cool :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Whoa, just 8 hours off and two full new pages (of which about 1 and a half would have been quitted due to senselessness)...

@Cameron: Study, translator, storywriter, kindergarten-employee. Yep, 4 of it.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Apparently I'm in the unenviable position of defending what Mihoshi said. The way I read it, he gave a perfectly reasonable criticism, and was instantly attacked for it. Bagera4000, I know you have a few friends in this thread, but my own personal observation (from this forum and others) is that you've got a very short fuse, especially when it comes to criticism. That's actually most of the reason why I've stayed away from this thread for the most part, since I'd be trying to help with the accuracy of the various drawings as well. I'd suggest you temper your responses, and learn to take some helpful criticism.
  • bagera4000bagera4000269 Posts: 1,545Member
    B.J. is not good destructive criticism if i were you id back up slow an runaway

Mihoshi has push its in here to fare an all your doing is throwing fuel on fire

i just want to get back to designing an you may find i have more friends than just few so fare im on 4 to five forms with other designs as wall im on .deviant art with all react b.j. you just walk in to a wall
    Threats are not a good way to gain friends. Many people would not react as well as I to threats. I would also argue that you're the one throwing fuel on the fire, but that's my opinion.
    i dont make threats. i Warning before i punch your light out your bud did not come in with constructive criticism he came in as a destructive type an than he did not back off un till others tryed to back him off
    You call this destructive?
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Side view and upper view of the Rapier don't add up, you've got the wing extending too far forward. Shouldn't it end at the engine intakes?
    I still call it trying to be helpful, at least until you started with the hostile responses that had nothing to do with his point. And yes, saying you're going to punch someone out *is* a threat.
    he shod have posted it in pm that's for part of it
    This is a WIP forum, right? If you didn't want any criticisms posted here, maybe you should have posted in the Gallery forum. Even then, that's no guarantee.

BTW, I don't have any past history with Mihoshi other than seeing them as another name in a forum. I would have defended the original post if anyone had posted it.

Moving on, I *do* like the subject matter and sheer volume of work you post here, so don't take this little disagreement as anything against your skills or work.
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    bagera4000 wrote: »
    he shod have posted it in pm that's for part of it

No, this is the Work In Progress forum. Getting constructive critisism is what it's here for. And pointing out that your drawing is flawed, together with the WHY it is flawed, is something you should expect to hear here. And it WAS constructive critisism. I didn't shout things like "ZOMG this SUCKS!", because it doesn't suck. I just said that there was some work to be done, and pointed out why.
    It wasn't like I was being abrasive until you and the Bagera4000 Appreciation Society you've got over here fell all over me.

**** boy, if your ego is so fragile it can't take critisism of your art, don't post your stuff on the internet, and especially don't post it on a WIP forum.
    Please all, remain calm..
    Getting angry at each other does not help anything.

BJ, the way Mihoshi said it, was not constructive. It may be a valid point, but it could definitely have been uttered in a friendlier way.
    Bagera, please restrain for such sentences as punching someones light off, that leads to nowere.
    //EDIT:

Strange, I hit Post Quick Reply only once.....
  • backsteptbackstept2403 Posts: 975Member
    Let's keep this little misunderstanding just that, little.

I think we could all benefit from taking criticism a little more lightly. Let's not blow this up any bigger than it is already, so I'm going to ask that everyone take a step back and think about what you're going to say from here forward.
    and let's try and get back to the topic okay?
    okay :thumb:
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    backstept wrote: »
    Let's keep this little misunderstanding just that, little.

I think we could all benefit from taking criticism a little more lightly. Let's not blow this up any bigger than it is already, so I'm going to ask that everyone take a step back and think about what you're going to say from here forward.
    and let's try and get back to the topic okay?
    okay :thumb:

Fair enough.

And Bagera4000, I shouldn't have attacked you on your use of English. I don't know enough about you to make that call, and it certainly doesn't seem like it's something you do deliberately.
    I was just really pissed last night when I made that remark, and I apologise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Well, it seems to be settled so far. Let's just come here to see more of B4000's awesome work :D
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Well, it seems to be settled so far. Let's just come here to see more of B4000's awesome work :D

I can agree with that, lets go forward and forget this ever happened.
    F-4EPhantomII.png
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Not to reopen old wounds or start an argument, but I just wanted to ask a question and post something that illustrates a point that I feel many of us have in regards to Bagera's otherwise excellent work.

First off, Bagera, you said you are using a cad package now for the initial drawing, do you mind telling us which cad package? I ask this because knowing what cad you are using can help others to lend advice concerning technique and methods.

Second, I am attaching an image of yours, a recent one, your F-24 with a couple of annotations, please excuse the image quality I had to use an old version of Visio at work to do this, and it compressed the image oddly. Anyway, you will notice a series of lines on the drawing, the red lines represent construction lines. These are normally used during drafting, computer or hand, to line up features of objects drawn in orthographic projection, aka 3-view/5-view drawings. I have only connected these lines to major salient features of the design, nothing nitpicky or minor. You will note that very few of these lines, which are straight vertical, line up with the same point between the top and side views.

The second set of green lines shows how the points between the top and side view have changed position, in some case it just looks like the side view was shifted over a few pixels, however features like the canards and wing tip clearly show that they have moved in ways that do greatly take away from the overall accuracy or realism of the design.

Now this is not meant as an attack, simply constructive advice because sometimes we need to have our errors pointed out this way instead of just listed in words. Now, most cad packages I have used, and I have used close to a dozen different packages, have either a background grid that can be turned on and off, and/or multiple drawing levels that allow the user to turn things like construction lines, dimensions, hidden lines, etc... on and off as they see fit. I feel that your use of such fundamentals will greatly increase your already evident skills and take your drawings to the next level, which we would all like to see. Also, one last point, since you are an engineering grad student, or possibly doctor, I do not remember, it should be easy for you to just take an introductory cad class as an elective, again this will be a good asset for you to have and will take your drawings to the next level. I was using cad for probably 10 years before I took a cad class in college and it did improve my knowledge and skill base enormously.
    10 auto cad wow way the old image i redid yf-23 im even redoing that one
    which version of ACAD, full, LT, and what release? And you do see, and understand what I am trying to illustrate there right?

Also, here is a link to an autocad tutorial on orthographic projection, including use of the construction lines, out of one of their educational texts: http://www.sdcpublications.com/pdfsample/1-58503-297-2-4.pdf
    i forgot all i have is disks i dont even have box any more
    It should say the version when you start it up, anything after release 14, R14, will give the year of release, aka, 2002, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 (which just came out)
    AgustaWestlandAW109.png
    AgustaWestlandA109LUH.png
    The 109's look great,especially the gunship. Nice work!
    F-4E Phantom Looks awesome, Always liked that Classic jet.
    AIRWOLFGRAYLADYRAF.png request from across the pound
    UH-1Huey.png
  • Very great work B4000 :D
    Nice work on the Brit Airwolf and the Huey.