Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    No, I haven't read it, but you've got me curious now so I'd love to hear the explanation.
    Here it is, Bossman.

th_VF-4FB2012Skullblack.png
    Finally got around to doing more work on the VF-21. I'm happy with how it's coming.

th_VF-21side.png
  • Talos wrote: »
    No, I haven't read it, but you've got me curious now so I'd love to hear the explanation.
    I'm not sure I can really explain that particular fic, as it is a Ranma crossover, beyond saying go read it, but the author has a sequel planned, and my idea is that with all the trouble Ranma seems to find, as an admiral, for chrissakes, she needs a bodyguard unit, which is codenamed Blackguard Squadron, flying the latest heavy variable fighter, the VF-4 Lightning III.
    I read a little of it, it was pretty well written. If the author decides to go with an idea like that, then it's fine to use my art for it too, if at least for inspiration.
    Here's an early preview of another plane I started today, as well as some good updates on the VF-21.

yf19ma8.th.jpgthpix.gif
    th_VF-21side.png
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    ohh. I'm liking the shape of the new one. It'll be interesting to see where you take it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Talos wrote: »
    I read a little of it, it was pretty well written. If the author decides to go with an idea like that, then it's fine to use my art for it too, if at least for inspiration.
    In later chapters, it's mentioned that the VFA-6 Alpha Fighter was developed to fly from the new cruiser class that was developed. Anyway, my idea is just an extrapolation based on what little information regarding the sequel the author's let slip.
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice up dates on the YF-21 and looking forward to seeing the VF-19.
    Thanks, bbzw, blackbird. Here's a preview of something I'm working on for someone.

va3se1.th.jpgthpix.gif
    Well that looks like the VA-3!
    And that it would be!

I've been going back and updating the F-31s I did. I'm redoing the USAF gray one, but I did update it still.

th_F-31USAF1.png
    th_F-31Luftwaffecamo1.png
    th_F-31desertaggressor.png
    th_F-31articaggressor.png
    Nice work on the F-31's, those would be cool Aggressor aircraft for the Air Force.
    Thanks, blackbird. Yeah, that was my thinking. I figure that if the Air Force trained them to be able to beat F-31s in a dogfight, then they'd be able to fight anything less-maneuverable.
    I redid my VF-0A/B/D/S, cleaning them up and standardizing them. I also added the VF-0C, which Hasegawa just made a model of.

vf0acd6.th.jpgvf0beo4.th.jpgthpix.gifvf0cwj9.th.jpgthpix.gifvf0dpb5.th.jpgthpix.gifvf0sre2.th.jpgthpix.gif
    th_VF-4NJG71Red.png
    And two more VF-4s.

th_VF-4SVF-225.png
    th_VF-4NJG71Yellow.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    I like that scheme you have for the German(?) VF-4s! Is that based on anything or is it your own concoction?
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    German bf-109 ww2 paint scheme
    It's actually the scheme of Erich Hartmann's JG 71 Richtofen on the Canadair version of the F-85 Sabre back in the 1950s/1960s. The tulips are from Hartmann's Bf-109 during the war though, the whole wing wore them on the Sabre in his honor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Canadair_Sabre_Berlin_Luftwaffen_Museum.JPG
    I had one of those days where I couldn't get anything I wanted done, art-wise, but I did manage to work on some stuff. Enough to show an update, at least.

th_VF-21side.png
    yf19ce1.th.jpgthpix.gif
    The fate of many of the surviving VF-4 Lightning III variable fighters was to be converted into target drone QVF-4 Ghost Lightnings. The majority of these were destroyed in weapons tests for the VF-9, VF-11, VF-14, VF-17, and VB-6 programs. The remnants of the previous markings, SVF-103 Sluggers, can still be seen on the rudder and beneath the cockpit.

th_VF-4SVF-103drone.png
    Two variations of the SVF-33 Starfighters.

th_VF-4SVF-33black.png
    th_VF-4SVF-33.png
    Got three more done today so far.

SVF-101 Grim Reapers
    SVF-2 Bounty Hunters
    SVF-142 Ghostriders

th_VF-4SVF-101.png
    th_VF-4SVF-2.png
    th_VF-4SVF-142.png
  • Honman1Honman10 Posts: 0Member
    Wow!...it's been a while since I've checked in. Those look great!
    Thanks, Honman!
    All I've had to say about these is over on Macrossworld.
    I got a little bit more work done on the VA-3A today. Not as much as I'd like, but it's getting there.

va3wr4.th.jpgthpix.gif
    It's looking good, Talos.