Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
edited October 2017 in Work in Progress #1
This is nothing but an idea I had floating around. I don't consider it a reboot or a redesign of any thing. I've done it just for fun. I was influenced by Vector's reimagined enterprise. But only for the back of the engine.
This is a type 1 warp engine for single engine ships like the Saladin.
387.jpg
388.jpg
389.jpg
390.jpg
391.jpg
112254.jpg
Post edited by XFozzboute on
2801.jpg 220.5K
Tagged:

• CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    It's got some cool nifty-ness to it! I like the detached panel port and starboard aft. That's Vek's idea, but your design of it is excellent, too. Looks good! Would the port nacelle have a red light on the back rim?
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    You're right about the detached panels. I didn't actually even notice them on Vectors ship I thought it was just a shadow thing making them do that. I was really more influenced by the back ball section of his engine. Yeas the other engine would have a red light on the back.
    A few more bits. I borrowed a few parts from my Saladin mesh as placeholders.
    392.jpg
    393.jpg
    394.jpg
    So you're putting the glowy cutout on the bottom of the nacelle? Where will the pylons join the nacelle body?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    that's some sweet detail here.
    But I'm a bit confused.

In the first post you said it's for one-nacelle ships, but then you say "Yeas the other engine would have a red light on the back." (third post)
    erm? Which other engine, please, if it's only one anyway?
    So you're putting the glowy cutout on the bottom of the nacelle? Where will the pylons join the nacelle body?
    This engine is based on ships like the Saladin/Hermes class ships. It has one engine and connects below the saucer. The type two engine will have the glowy cutout placed either like the standard warp engines have them or on top. I haven't decided yet.
    Aresius wrote: »
    that's some sweet detail here.
    But I'm a bit confused.

In the first post you said it's for one-nacelle ships, but then you say "Yeas the other engine would have a red light on the back." (third post)
    erm? Which other engine, please, if it's only one anyway?
    The current look of the engine is for single nacelled ship but it be modified for multy nacelled ships. That way one will have a grean light and the other will have a red light.

Hope that clears things up. If it didn't future pics should clear it up.:D
    D'oh! Of course! Sorry, I forgot that it was for single-nacelled ships.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb:You have a nice looking nacelle there fozz.:thumb:
    kborak wrote: »
    :thumb:You have a nice looking nacelle there fozz.:thumb:
    I think that's the first time a guy ever said that to me.:D
    UPDATE...
    More details added.
    I've started on the pylon that will connect the engine to the Saucer. I've decided not to add windows here since it needs room for all the warp stuff. I might still add a few small windows or portholes closer to the saucer.
    395.jpg
    396.jpg
    The last two pics are an idea for gimmick I've been tring to avoid but can't stop thinking about. I'm thinking the parts at the back of the engine might move in and out according to the speed it's moving at.
    I think they would be moved out while at low warp or impulse. They move closer as the warp factor moves up.
    397.jpg
    398.jpg
    Good work here.
    I like the idea of retracting panels... And the pylon's great!

I just gotta say this, 'cause it's been in my head since the first time I saw this thread. If this is not a reboot, is it at least a reboute?
    Now if they do retract, is the shape going to be less spherical? The part that actually slides I mean. Will that part be more cyndrilical?
    I don't see any reason for the shape to change.

UPDATE...
    I've detailed the neck/pylon.
    399.jpg
    400.jpg
    kborak wrote: »
    Now if they do retract, is the shape going to be less spherical? The part that actually slides I mean. Will that part be more cyndrilical?

It's not the "ball" at the end that slides in those pictures, it's the curved panels on either side of the nacelle that slides in and out.
    Oh my mistake I was thinking it was the ball on the end. now knowing what Im looking at I like the idea, alot. But now my question is, are those panels a sort of radiator or exhuast port?
    To be honest I don't know.:D
    UPDATE...
    I've added a saucer finally.
    I've also added a lower sensor dome and a nav deflector.
    401.jpg
    402.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    That deflector attachment looks much more believable than those spindly struts on Franz Joseph's designs.
    I'd have to agree with you about the FJ designs. I don't mind them but the deflector strut he made would have looked better if it was shorter. It just sticks out way too far.
    Saladin class, aye?

Looks nice.
    This is the Saladin class.
    57177.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started to put together ideas for the impulse engine.
    The bridge and b and c decks are just place holders from another ship that I made.
    403.jpg
    404.jpg
    405.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ugh I just hate the 1-nacelle setup for a trek ship but your model is so good, I don't care about it :D The details are amazing and that's what counts. Great job :thumb:
    Well, I know what the Saladin class looks about, I was just asking if your ship was imspired by it, because expect the different arrangement of the deflector, it looks the same.
    Yes it is based on the Saladin I did a version of that ship that needs a few errors fixed.

I'm kind of doing this ship to help me get motivated to go back and rebuild my original version of the ship.
    57236.jpg57237.jpg
    62.jpg 132.9K
    67.jpg 100.4K
    Redeyes
    UPDATE..
    Since I finished the warp engine I thought I'd start on a few of the textures. I'm gonna try and keep them subtle.
    409.jpg
    410.jpg
    411.jpg
    412.jpg
    oha, a new destroyer for the Empire....

Sweet
    UPDATE...
    I've added a few things around the rim of the saucer.
    On one side will be a small shuttle bay and on the other side a cargo bay.
    415.jpg
    I've also added a new bridge section and a new b and c deck. All meant to be a little bit beefier than normal.
    416.jpg
    417.jpg
    Yes I know about the segmentation on the saucer.
    man this thing is looking good. seeing it with the person on it it almost looks too small.
    It's built to scale so the size should be correct.
    UPDATE...
    Unfortuneatly I lost the last save of the ship so I lost some of the rim details. Nothing I can't redo.
    But since I don't feel like doing them again I thought I'd go back and do some work on the engine textures.
    I redid the Emblem to look like the one used on Enterprise and added textures to the bottom of the engine. Not that it matters I'll have to redo them enyway because I've decided they're way to low rez right now. So I consider these tests to see if I could get all the blend materials to work right.
    418.jpg
    419.jpg