Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNear future mecha universe wips

• BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    @kborak, thanks, ninja? lol. I'm actually considering putting in a third toe with a ball. Will see.

@freak, thanks, I know but as stated before they're more of anti aircraft/vehicle gun. High velocity smaller caliber guns.
    sorry guys no updates for a few days, been busy. Anyways, did some work on the lower frontal armour panels:
    54083.jpg54084.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh! I just noticed something might be missing from the gun on the right arm, an ammo box. I can imagine that if that things wants to stay in the fight for while, that it could use a decent supply of ammo? You could flesh out the design with a decent ammo feeding mechanism and ammo drum.
    yep, thats still on my to do list.

just noticed a mesh error in the last render :help: :(
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Haven't had any time to work on 3d lately. Did the ammo and added a micro-missile launcher to the gun module (well micro by this scale, they're actually about 65mm). I think I'll pick out a module set that I like and just work on those. As cool as the idea sounded to me originally now I'm starting to think I'd rather work more on improving one setup rather than make 30 modules that would never make it into any images.
    54966.jpg54967.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    I like that gun..:)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice I like the gun too, but I still feel it needs to be beefed up a bit.
    The mechanism could use a little bit more beefing. I like the ammo belt and curvature but there doesn't seem like a lot of space for an actual firing mechanism.

Good overall design-look though :thumb:
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    I have to agree with Meph, There is not alot for the Action of the weapon. You would need enough room for the Recoil buffer spring, the bolt, recivers and ejector port. Also take into account the amount of distance the Bolt would travel from discharge of the round. Theese look like 30mm chain gun shells. You would need a beefy recoil spring with roughly about 2 of recoil depending on your rate of fire.

The Recoil Buffer spring on the M16A4 service rifle is about 1 foot in length, This is designed to reduce the impact force gernerated by the bolt into the shoulder of the person fireing the weapon. Since our bodies can only take so much wear and tear before we become ineffencient the buffer springs have to stiff and durable. I would think that you might want to take the same consideration in your design, even though you are not dealing with organic bodies, you do however have a mechanical joint that is going to take the majority if not all the stress from the fireing of that weapon system. some sort of buffering system to reduce the amount of stress that joint will take should be implamented. Hope this gives you an idea on the beefyness.
    Thanks for the comments guys. I will look into it. The cannon is 80mm btw.
    80mm wowzors, I would defently look into some sort of Recoil buffer or your joint life is going to crap.

M1A1 Abrams is 120mm smooth bore and yours is 80mm, thats gonna put some hurt on something. that round will evaporate a human.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    okay, it looks smaller than that!

You could keep the ammo the same size but make the barrel look beefer?
    Oh no, it is 80mm, I measured it in comparison to the size of the mech. I don't think most people realise how enormously oversized most sci-fi weapons are. The barrel will stay the same size, this is supposed to be a "light" weapon, but I will be beefing up the rest of it I guess. Also you gotta take into account that weapons have been getting bigger and bigger as technology progressed, for example tank guns, and this is about 30 years from now. Also the ammo is proper size in regards to the barrel.
    I can't believe its been a month since I've done any updates. Life sure has been hectic. Anyways I finally did some work on it today:
    56564.jpg
    That has PWN your Infantry written all over it.
    Yeah, that thing'll rip right through an infantry batallion front-to-back. It'd be fun to see that thing pop Humvees like wrapping plastic too... *pop* *pop* *pop*:D
  • No FateNo Fate0 Posts: 0Member
    Your attention to detail is astounding. I am enjoying this project, keep it coming!!!
    heh, thanks guys. This can rip apart heavy tanks with ease and can even attack other mechs to some degree of effectiveness(prolly wouldn't punch through front armour but can take out guns, damage joints, etc). It uses high velocity penetrator ammunition that can defeat most ERA. The small missile launcher has HE warheads for anti building/personnel role.
    /OMG

so It Vapes infantry in to pink mist, Shreds Humvees like plastic wrap, punches M1A1 and A2 like a .50cal to beer can all while looking cool. Also it can effectly engage another Mech.

Next up, 80mm Shotgun..... you want over kill you got it. Talk about a street sweeper.
    lol, well the magnetic gun module is pretty overkill, its pretty huge (takes up 2 hardpoints), I haven't measured it yet so don't know the exact caliber, but a direct hit would probably demolish a mech, if you hit a tank with that you probably wouldn't be able to find much of it, but it has very limited ammo due to size and a slow rate of fire because of the heat, so you probably wouldn't use it for anything less than a mech. The anti mech missiles are even bigger, and would definately trash a mech with one hit, but they are vulnerable to active defences.
    Did some work on the head/neck area today. I think I will try to work out the 3rd toe next so it doesn't look like a chicken, but has more stability than it does now.
    56630.jpg56631.jpg
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    whew, ok now I think I may have to have a mech in my story. This thing is inspiring to say the least.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Nice detail, :thumb:.
    thanks fellas
  • Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    Ha drool, do I see infrared decoy emitters, smoke grenade launchers? I loooove the sensor suite! Beautiful!

I never really got into mecha, myself (apart from the Eva from NG:E, which as Manga, doen't really count), so I don't really have the right to comment on the overall design, but I know it has been mentioned about balance and the reducing number of toes, but the pounds per square inch these narrow feet must place on the ground would be huge, hope it doen't run across any soft earth or swampy ground!
    thanks dude. I highly doubt it would be a problem as it is, but either way I'm trying to add the 3rd toe back in now. I don't see this as being a serious problem anywhere where normal vehicles can travel now (swamps would screw anything over, even this thing), I mean look at humans, we have very small footing area when compared to our weight, yet we don't exactly fall through everywhere. Besides if it ever gets into crap it can use the boosters to kinda jolt itself out :thumb:
    Scientificly speaking Humans shouldnt even be able to walk. lol but we do.
    Added a simple 3rd toe, also did some work on the coil gun module. The final configuration will have 1 coil gun, 1 80mm cannon, 1 sam, 1 atgm which only leaves 1 back hardpoint empty. I'm thinking a UAV module, but not too sure yet.
    56944.jpg
  • Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, but can it dance like the car in the citroen ad?
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Sorry Dude, I posted in the wrong thread, :lol:.

Excellent progress though. (I really need some sleep.)