Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTARDIS interior (new series)

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
It's just a beginning. Right now I'm working on second level of metal grid floor and trying to combine different references.

Sorry for noise and of course any comments are welcome!

P.S. "old" picture to the right :)
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Looks promising, go on!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you.

In fact, I'm thinking right now about how second grid may look like, and where are stairs to other floors of TARDIS located.

More details are coming.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Seems a trifle grainy
    Elowan wrote: »
    Seems a trifle grainy
    Indeed. But that's because of the render settings.

Here's an update with some new materials and lighting.
  • SkaroSkaro0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, it looks pretty spot on :)
  • stevegibbonstevegibbon0 Posts: 0Member
    dredd2000 wrote: »
    Thank you.

In fact, I'm thinking right now about how second grid may look like, and where are stairs to other floors of TARDIS located.

More details are coming.

Er... you do realise the TARDIS interior is infinite (as I understand it). You might be in for a long job:)
    Er... you do realise the TARDIS interior is infinite (as I understand it). You might be in for a long job:)

Of course this vessel is "bigger inside, than outside". But for this project - it's only the control room... But I really do want to make it look almost like a real one. If that's possible in any way...
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very good so far. In fact, the second render almost looks like a shot of the real thing, only if it was under construction still. The lighting is working really well.
    Pearse wrote: »
    In fact, the second render almost looks like a shot of the real thing, only if it was under construction still. The lighting is working really well.

Thank you. I'm really trying to match "the real TARDIS" as close as possible with only some shots from the series. Here's some little update. At last I've completed second grid level.

Replaced old picture with a new one - with better image quality.
    Here we go with a tiny upgrade.

I'm trying to find a balance between my wish to make TARDIS' controls as real as possible and current tasks of the image, I'm making. It won't be a close-up, so controls needn't be highly detailed... And I want to create a different view inside TARDIS already - on the door with lights above and a phone.

So many questions :)
    Sadly, there's no comments so far... Well - just some new questions than.

Just watched a couple of episodes of Doctor. Tardis have a very complex and messy :) control unit and, I'm afraid, mine is too "box-shaped"... Maybe anyone have good references or ideas how this thing should look like?
  • Looking good so far. There are a couple of the original designs here TARDIS Interior for the current series console and interior that you might find useful.
  • Chris of EDFChris of EDF0 Posts: 0Member
    Try looking at the specials "time crash" and "music of the spheres" i know in time crash there are a few closeups of the consol
  • Thank you! Right now I'm rebuilding my scene a little bit and building new render. This one is already in gallery.
  • Here's the new POV. What's gonna be done. I'm planning to completely rebuild Doctor's seat, make changes to TARDIS console controls, change some details and work on lights once more.

Any C&C are welcome! Of course - this render is without materials - to improve render speed.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    It's a bit hard to crit since you're probably far more familiar with the TARDIS set by now than most regular viewers (including myself), but it's looking very good.
  • Pearse wrote: »
    It's a bit hard to crit since you're probably far more familiar with the TARDIS set by now than most regular viewers (including myself), but it's looking very good.

Thank you for the comment. Still - I think I really messed up many things. Right now I'm working on new Doctor's seat - as soon as I finish it - there will be new update.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking really great, especially the console. If you need any more pics, try finding someone who has the DVDs of Season 1. The menus look like the TARDIS console. :)

The walls look a bit strange -- the roundels look kind of small and squashed...
  • carlg wrote: »
    ...try finding someone who has the DVDs of Season 1.
    Thanks! I have a friend, who has it - I'll ask him for the disk.
    carlg wrote: »
    The walls look a bit strange -- the roundels look kind of small and squashed...
    Yeep, walls also need some work on... but it is hard to make them in a simple manner - I've being trying to make them with displace... so I'll try to make real plating - but a little bit later - continue working on that seat.
  • Finally - new version of Doctor's seat. Now, its almost ideal for me. Maybe I'll work on it more later. But for now - it's new console!
  • coming along nicely. like the texture work so far.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good -- is that a render or in-viewport pic?
  • carlg wrote: »
    Looking good -- is that a render or in-viewport pic?

Render. But very small and with only basic lighting. Currently making changes to console... I think third version is forming already. I'm trying different tricks now.

Thank you for all your comments!
  • The LibrarianThe Librarian0 Posts: 0Member
    This look very impressive so far! I'm not sure you should worry too much about getting the controls accurate - I'm sure they change about, probably of their own volition depending on what the Doctor needs!
  • Yes, The Librarian, I'm sure they do. But now - my controls are a bit too accurate and technological. I think they need that organic look and liveness. What I definitely want is get rid of that box shaped controls. More spheres, cylinders etc.!
  • Sorry for a late update. I've being busy... so some changes to console and entrance remastered. And now I'm going to work on entrance now. While working on some other projects...
  • HalessaHalessa0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi dredd2000, if you need a closer look on the console controls, you should watch the interactive short movie "Attack of the Graske", which features a lot of close-ups of the console. You'll find it on the German Dr Who page.
  • WOW, Halessa, thank you! Good refs! I'm now working on my TARDIS when I have time - don't want to rush. So it's good that you've posted this link - work almost just began...
  • HalessaHalessa0 Posts: 0Member
    dredd2000, you're welcome. I'm glad that I can help. And visit the gallery on the site, there are some nice and good pics of the TARDIS control room itself. And check also Department Six. They did the design work for the new Series and sell limited prints of their sketches, but you can check them on their website. there are two sketches of the TARDIS console in their gallery as well as lots of other stuff (sonic screwdriver, chameleon arch, the fob watch of the Doctor, lots of Dalek designs, etc.)
  • Thanks again- very good site - I've already thinking about making some other "props" ;)