Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFarscapes Moya

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I've been working on the windows and a rough texture over the past few days. I'm working on the windows on Moyas underside at the minute.

It's looking almost finished.
  • AhkileezAhkileez341 Posts: 30Member
    She's gonna look pretty once she gets a tan :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks sweet.
    Very realistic.
    I've not done that much on moya since the last wip, but i've stopped adding veins now, and started to paint the texture so the next update should have that on it.

but i thought i'd put some stills of her before i moved on.
    Couldn't fit this onto the message above, but i started on the hanger a while ago. I've only just cut out the bay doors, so you can see inside when there down now.
    Sweet work.
    Very realistic
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Very good work, the hangar is spectacular! :thumb:
    Hehe, awesome bro. Awesome!

If I squint I can see Aeryn's prowler. :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow it's very nice indeed :D I saw Farscape once or twice so I don't know much about it but the ship is shaping up really nicely. And the hangar looks great too - very organic.
    OK so I've got a slow 5 minutes so i thought id put these stills up.

I've not had the time to work on her for a while, so her and Talyn are gathering dust somewhere in there recesses of my hard drive. But i thought I'd update the wip. i hate seeing them slip further and further back.

it's just the base colour, there isn't any detail on there as of yet. Looks promising though.
    Hey Mark.

Moya's on her way at least. :)
    I've not updated my moya wip for a while. and recently lost the most up to date file i had of her. but luckily i had sort of a back up.

This is where i was up to before i sent the file to a friend. i had her about 70% weathered in the file i lost. so Ive finished crying and I'm going to re-start the weathering texture.

Its just black on here which is why it looks a little odd. I hadn't started grading it into the brown yet.
    An update on moyas texture..
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    are you going to to talon to
    Texture talyn?

yes as soon as ive got his all his veins in place i'll start painting his texture.

Luckily his viens have been easier to do than moyas, so it shouldnt be much longer now.
  • BlackBirdCDBlackBirdCD171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking really great so far. I did a resin kit of Moya a few years back - you've got it pretty darn close.
    I knew this would happen..

So i was texturing moya a while ago and looking at all the ref Ive got, started to realize that a lot of the veins id put on her were not that close to the ones on the show... that's not explained very well...

anyway that started to bug me a hell of a lot but i a carried on texturing, the further i got to the hanger and the tail and as i started painting the rust for her bow. id had enough.

So Ive gone pack to the drawing board slightly... Ive slightly altered her hull at the front, mine was a little stubby. and i can re sculpt the hanger bay. it didn't look quite right.

Ive also added the terrace. which is new. but not sure about its placement at the minute..
  • RedSquareRedSquare0 Posts: 0Member
    Well what ever subtle changes you have made, overall for some reason, (the subtle changes I guess) She certainly feels better. Stick to it.
    Bear in mind they used a half a dozen CG models for Moya, built by different FX teams. None of them have exactly the same line pattern. I tried to stick with only the Season One pattern and it was probably the most detailed. The overall shapes you have look really close, though.
    Ok so this isnt an update on the mesh but its related to it. because its helping me texture the %$&*".

I finaly finished my model of moya. its been sat on my shelf for about a year. I was afraid of painting it incease i mucked up with the air brush, which was possible seeing as this is the first time ive used one. But its turned out great. well thats my opinion.

Now i just need to get my cg one done.

For some reason its not letting me upload the pictures - dam you explorer

oh no its done it now
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    That is very nice and conidering its the first time you've used an airbrush. Although the second image is a little blury but the finer detail is still noticeable.
    For some reason i can't upload pictures in the post..

Oh well, i'll try editing after ive posted. I've been working on moya for a days now remodeling her veins. Still got a few more to do but i thought id post an update.

This time ive drawn curves along the geometry of her hull, then extruding cubes along the curves, which means that this time it took 2 days to model the veins as apposed to 2 months like last time.

Shes getting there now. Still working on her texture. and the animated starburst texture..
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    great work, can't wait to see her fully textured!
    Sweet work.
    Not updated the wip for a while,

i wanted to leave it a little longer till i had more of her texture done, but i did a few renders this morning while i was waiting for my girlfriend to straighten her hair, this is just the base colour.. i'm working on the weathering still, i think there will be a fair few layers of that when im done.. not done a spec map yet hopefully when thats done it'll look a bit better. shes not loooking bad though..

I'll have to get some lights in the hanger bay and do some renders of that.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Coming along well. :thumb:
    Nice job on the model, too! Cool!
    So it's been flipping ages since i updated this thread. and i'm cheating realy because this is more of a pre-update update..

I've pulled myself away from my galactica animation to sort out the uvs and textures on moya and talyn.. This update is the basic dirt or rust map i painted onto the model in maya, so its a little (a lot rough). I've then taken that into photoshop and been working over it for the past week or so.

That will be my next update once i've put some nice shaders on her she should be finished... Hopefully i've got a free weekend so i'll be able to crack on and finish it.

Oh the second photo is my current pride and joy... I had my talyn model made to go with my moya kit...
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    Ok, this is something I've been wanting to see for ages. I am very happy that you will work on the Leviathans again.
    Keep it up, I am looking forward to see any updates you may have :thumb: :devil:.
    I think i've finaly started to enjoy texturing this ship, so i might be able to have a good crack at it without screaming at my laptop in frustration after an hour or so... worked a little on it this afternoon and i think i'm finaly getting somwhere with her...

Still a lot to go but i was excited by this when i rendered a quick still, so i thought id upload it for anyone who was interested how my farscape stuff is coming along...

The trouble is i keep starting new threads.......
    79377.jpg