Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Knight-Templar:

Cheers Simon ;)

@ Meph:

The Foot Pedals are based off real-world Aircraft Pedals, .... and are functional, ... normally they control the rudder, ... but since the Tempest doesn't have a rudder as such (i.e no virtical flap), ... they can double for the two Tail Fin flaps, .... so what you're thinking is reinforcement is actually where the Peddle gets depressed like the movement of a Piston ...

@ DCB & Lord Ravensburg:

Cheers Guys, ... But, ..Ummm ... The Tempest is a SINGLE Pilot / Seat Aircraft .. Thought you guys knew your 40K ? :D heh .... I even included a Ref Pic in WIP 007 .... The cockpit has been carefully designed to hold a Single Space Marine and have already taken into account his Power Armour .... Trust me, Ive covered the bases on this one ;) .....

Thanks everyone for the Posts !! :thumb:

Jas
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Actually, Im more into Battlefleet Gothic... Hence the handle, but when you right your right...:p should have looked harder...;)
    You & DCB narrowly escaped being sent to the back of the class facing the corner with your hands on your head for your complete lack of Observation ...... But after reviewing your case and considering the fact that a previous post had been made by Binkerman clearly showing the Tempest as a ONE Manned vehicle ... along with you using Battlefleet Gothic as an excuse ... I feel that some form of punishment is in order .....

40,000 (Handwritten) Lines of:

I MUST take more time to LOOK at Binkerman's WIP Pictures before posting Comments, and sincerely and humbly apologise for the complete fopar on my behalf to avoid further Punishment ...

You will both receive a PM with postal directions to send your Lines and no attempt is to be made to use Copy & Paste Crap on the PC .... as that will meet with severe consequences.

After you have completed your 40,000 Lines, .... 40K will have new meaning for you both ....

Dismissed :devil: ......
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    20 public lashes, yeey! Tie him up, tie him up!
    Who's making the popcorn?
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Pfffffff......I reject your retconned evaluation of the number of crew a Land Speeder has. There is only one true Land Speeder:

ls01wh1.jpg

Clearly it has two crew.
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    DCB wrote: »
    Pfffffff......I reject your retconned evaluation of the number of crew a Land Speeder has. There is only one true Land Speeder:

ls01wh1.jpg

Clearly it has two crew.

Where's the rest of the landspeeder gone, they gone for the cheap version, I know the goverment is on about a recession but come on :lol:

ls01wh1.jpg

Clearly it has two crew.

*coughs and points to link*
    Space Marine Land Speeder Tempest
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed. And after the 40k lines punishment an eye exam is in order methinks.:devil:
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    *reassures DCB that its ok to push the link*

Yes the regular landspeeder is ment for 2 and the landspeeder Tempest"the flying version" is ment for 1 Marine.

*breaks out the Glow Sticks* Its a TECHNObable war
    @ DCB:

Ahh yes, ... I believe that's the > Steptoe & Son variant, from the Chapter SITTING DUCK that has about as much protection as a Fishnet Condom ... whereas mine is the Tempest variant with a tad more protection that holds only ONE Space marine :p ....

Jas
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah but Fishnet Condoms are so ... fashionable.:devil:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Wow, I just skimmed your thread, and I have to say that I loving what I am seeing.
    Makes me wish I had carried on Collecting WK40. But then I remember how expensive it was to buy the models!!

When I started collecting the Rhino Tank cost Aï¿¡4.99 within six months it had jumped up to Aï¿¡19.99. The set did not have any metal on it nothing in the set had changed to warrant the high cost.
    Fishnet condom... LOL :D
    Freak wrote: »
    When I started collecting the Rhino Tank cost Aï¿¡4.99 within six months it had jumped up to Aï¿¡19.99. The set did not have any metal on it nothing in the set had changed to warrant the high cost.

The contant cost increases probably is due to an increased quota of daily kitten and puppy sacrifices at the HQ of GW. I can't imagine much else that can drive such success to have hundreds of shops all around the world and one in nearly every godforsaken village in the UK and still drive up the costs of the models...
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Meph wrote: »
    Fishnet condom... LOL :D

The contant cost increases probably is due to an increased quota of daily kitten and puppy sacrifices at the HQ of GW.

Damn those Slanneshi bastards!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't imagine much else that can drive such success to have hundreds of shops all around the world and one in nearly every godforsaken village in the UK and still drive up the costs of the models...

As I know a few people that work for GW, I can offer a partial explanation.

1) The cost of a single plastic mould is at least 5 figures, the machines to pump in the plastic can be up to millions. They spent a massive amount recently on getting new casting technology and sculpting technology (see some articles on the new Dark Angel veterans to see how good this is). Essentially, GW has the most advanced casting technology of any mainstream toy shop. This is not cheap ass, weak China/Indoesia/Taiwan made crap (well, not anymore at least, I've just seen that old landspeeder...) and they're near enough constantly upgrading their equipment.

2) You don't pay for the product really. If you look at the younger demographic, GW works like a cheap babysitting service, i.e., the price of a tank pales in compason to the fact you get your kid out of your hair for 6 hours. A lot of kids just hang around the store, some of them acting as time vampires. Basically, you pay for the staff to be awesome (and it's very seldom that they're boring, they're usually off their nut and crazy).

3) If you look at the quality of the supplements, it's obscenely high. GURPS, D&D and Shadowrun are fairly popular RPGs, but their artwork and quality has absolutely nothing on the stuff produced by Games Workshop. If you flick through the rulebook there's usually at least one image or diagram or some kind of figure on every page and they're top quality.

Anyway. That's technically where the money goes. No doubt Andy Chambers just blows the rest on hookers.
    yeah I never meet a member of staff in GW that was not a nutcase.
    One of the things I like about the shop while I was collecting was, that if you had any problems painting your modell, the staff where more than happy to help out.

they would do a workshop of teaching you to paint, followed by a few hours play the game on the boards they have set up in store.

Anyway back onto topic.
  • This is really great work Binkerman, are you using a range of reference media; images, games, models or just miniatures as they stand?

Also and I found this kinda funny:
    Binkerman wrote: »
    fopar

It's spelt 'faux pas' I'm sure you can appreciate the irony! :D
  • chronochrono0 Posts: 1Member
    Actually fopar is a slang word. ;) Same thing though :)
    @Elowan:

What was I thinking, .. Fashion is definately at the top of the list when you're in the middle of a WarZone :D ...

@ Freak:

Thanks Dean , .... Yikes, a Aï¿¡15 price jump in 6 months sounds like Greed to me :eek: ... GW & FW are big enough companies that can afford to look after their customers ... not sting them ...

@ Firelode:

Thanks mate !!, ... If you're meaning the Tempest, ... Ive used a mixture of Refs, ... Exterior is based on the Forgeworld Miniature, ... but for the Cockpit, I wanted to flesh that out a bit, so Ive mixed real-world aircraft cockpits with the Miniature layout, ... so hopefully it will look a little more interesting when its done ...

heh .. Fopar is a word, .. but you're also right, it is spelt that way too, ... don't know its origins, but Im also from the UK, so I hear that term alot when someone screws up ...

I should have an update to post on the weekend, ...

But for now, to coincide with the completion of the Tempest Model, .. I'll be releasing a Book for Would-be Pilots ....

Cheers Guys :thumb:

Jas
    54940.jpg
    Hehehe, nice Idiot's guide.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Very well, I'll overlook your retcon indulgence this time, but only because GW's retconned stuff is by and large pretty good. I just hope they never stoop to a George Lucas level retcon - that would be most disturbing.....
    Armondikov wrote: »
    No doubt Andy Chambers just blows the rest on hookers.
    Ah good old Andy. He always gave me a laugh. I'm glad to hear he hasn't cut his hair and got a real job.
    Couple more pics of the Cockpit taking shape, ...

Jas
    55036.jpg55037.jpg
    Very nice. I love the face that you put in a storage area for the pilots weapon.
    Thanks Dean, ... Yeah I figured if the Tempest crash landed in enemy territory, that he would need some form of weapon onboard to protect himself in those situations, until he could get to a safe zone, since Tempest Pilots lack the full armor of Marines on the battlefield, .. i.e he doesn't have the large Shoulder Pads or any sort of heavy weapons due to the cockpit size restrictions.

The opposite side will also have storage space for various things including his Util Belt, that Space Marines usually wear, ... holding Grenades, pouches, food supplements etc .... that he would stow during flight.

The Service Access doors either side of the fuselage, don't allow any storage, as its purely an access point for engine maintenance / Avionics etc

The plain area towards the back is where the Seat goes in, and will start looking more like a cockpit, .. then things surrounding the seat can be more refined .... The Blood Angel Marine that I'm doing will eventually be rendered with the Canopy Open once modelling is done for the Tempest ....

I'm still sorting out my MoBo for my own rig atm, ... So the other 90% of the Tempest is stuck on that PC ... I will go as far as I can with the rest of the Tempest parts allowing for slight adjustments when the whole model comes together later ..... but I think I will post a couple more pics of the completed Cockpit, and then wait to show some larger pics of the final model from various angles prior to textures .... as I'm wanting to move onto the next Vehicle ... since this one's been dragging because of PC problems, .. which hasn't been much fun or motivating ...

Jas
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah good old Andy. He always gave me a laugh. I'm glad to hear he hasn't cut his hair and got a real job.

It took me ages to find (I eventually impressed myself by looking up each year of the archive pages and finding the words "Andy Chambers" in the source code): TSOALR :: Archive
    Sorry to hear about the PC Problems. I know what it like, my Laptop crashed a few weeks back and lost and lot of work. Luckly most of the project on it was in early stages.
    but I am now backing everything up onto my home PC and a protable HDD.

Now I just need to sovle the Laptop battery problems. :(
    Had a few things going on with RL, ... So I've not been able to get much done lately .... but did a few extra bits here & there for the Cockpit and rendered a couple of closer views for now ... Both pics 1280x768 ...

Jas
    55973.jpg55974.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    wow ... nice details!

Chris
    That looks great!
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    very nice work Jas.
    Gorgeous!