Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGliese

• Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Berkut:
    Yeak I agree, that was one of the main reasons why Austraila chose the F-18 over the F16 way back.

I prefer 2 or more engins just from redundency point of view.

As to "Another idea would be to have manuvering thrusters at the wing tips."
    I suggested RCS pods on the wingtips - in case anyone is unfamiliar with the initials - they stand for Reaction Control System, in short, attitude thrusters - the things that puff to spin the BSG vipers around.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    ok Ive read and thought hard on everything from the turbo smoothing which is diificult to detail, to the engines. so last night I sat and redid the fuselage and yes its turbo smoothed but I kept the same wing shape retweaked it a bit. The reasoning is I wanted to have room for 3 engines. one for space flight two for atmospheric(which will have an impact on the story line.) I have been playing with some tutorial and I have figured out how to detail the turbo smoothing brute force I believe is the right word.
    Now the reason for the tail that I have added is The Soviets are all about redundency, in atmo flight the mig's primary system for manuvering will be the RBS system however in case it fails in atmo there will still be a way to fly the ship.
    I also am going to with the EDI idea about entering and exiting the craft.
    So here it is the mig 129 and this is the one that is being built.
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool design dude, nice work so far. :)

I would taper your wings and round the leading edge if you want to stay within real aerodynamics though.

deg
    @deg The wings are actually shaped as an air foil but yes the leading edge is rounded I like the look of it too much to round it out. Ill stretch the truth lol for my story.
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Well there ya go then, gotcha. ;)

deg
    proof that I am serious about this one.....I added the atmo engines and started working out the ion drive.
    Ty meph and you managed to nail my reference aircraft lol I love the mig-35
    ok started the cockpit. Going with the drop down seat from edi, Im keeping comtrols internal and side mounted. I know the seat needs to be redone but this is jut for reference. I am keeping the interior low poly and will texture the instruments.
    ok a second attempt at the Soviet carrier Im liking this better.
    52594.jpg
  • Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice one, the mig is comming along very nicely!

She is wide enough, that you could make her a twin-seat side-by-side type, like the Su-34.

I'm not completely sold on the rudders - yeah put 'em in, but in the front on view they look a little busy with the forward canards.
    They *might* look a little better if they were canted slightly inwards rather than outwards - toe them in towards each other slightly. Or at least make them vertical.
    Worth a look at least.

The sov carrier has a very WC tiger's claw feel, eh?

cheers,
    ok first attempt with a texture its simple still learning
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Texturing Scares the bejeebus out of me. Good for you for tackling it.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    hmm, I would have to agree with monkeyboy that rudders seemed out of place before, but seeing how they look pointing towards the middle is just.....weird, I can't tell you what exactly is wrong with it, it just looks wrong somehow. Maybe you don't need them at all? I think it would look better without them. Otherwise good progress. It's starting to look much better.
    well I was going with the tail controls for story purposes. The Sol fleet has an advanced RCS system compared to the Soviets. So in atmo the Soviet RCS isnt enough. It is honestly a story device, but it doesnt have to stay. we will see.
    ok rudders gone, just might leave it this way. And a little wing paneling.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    hmm, but even know there are aircraft that have no vertical stabilizers that fly just fine with no RCS
  • star_creationsstar_creations0 Posts: 0Member
    He is right, even my fighter I am creating doe snot have vertical stabilizers.

But I must say with or without, the fighter you are creating still looks great...:devil:
    Berkut wrote: »
    hmm, but even know there are aircraft that have no vertical stabilizers that fly just fine with no RCS
    Ok more paneling and placed forward RCS. the block is for missiles yes at the start of the story the Soviets are still using missiles, its not unfair that Sol has torps the sovies get them later on.
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Look at the B-2A Spirit. It is tech that is what?, 20 years old and it doesn't have any vertical surfaces either.
    @efritsch Your right, the flying wing design also is not very stable in flight either. It required at sophisticated computer system to assist the pilots in flying the thing making all sorts of tiny corrections every second.
    ok last one for the night, put the dorsal wing rcs I know its not easy to see but Ill do a closer shot tomorrow.
    starting to do a little experimentation with interiors for set. Just a simple block out of a console and a veiwscreen with a texture. All practice, I havent tried to tackle a set yet and figured I had better try it soon!
    52779.jpg
    ok I know this has nothing to do with my whip, but Im just so proud of this I have to share, I have Mac OSX 10.4.4 running on my dell optiplex gx260!!!! this is cool.
    ok its not much but I started the landing gear....not sure how they are going to tuck up yet though!
    ok i just went to open the mig and it can not be found on my pc. I AM VERY UPSET! doea anyone have any idea what, other than actually deleting it, could have happend?
    AAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I have no idea how this happend! The backup is even gone. Can anyone think of anyway that using max could do that. At all. I know there prolly isnt. But I know I didnt delete it so I am at a totall loss.
    well the mesh wasnt even in the autoback dir so I have talked with star and we decided to take the sovies in a different dirction....more to come later today!
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Have you tried a full search for the filename in your entire computer?
    yes i have under 2 Operating systems.