Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Decided to go back and retexture my city. Also decided to remodel a few things, and fix a few errors. This is just one of the piers im retexturing. Still got a few more to go. Poly count is 350,000. More than likely, by the time I get finished with these new "fixes", the poly count should be upwards of 4 million. More to come later.
82215.jpg
Post edited by Vilandra on
Tagged:

• RamielRamiel5 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to see again this beauty:thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Oh my, great start.
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Been working on the main center tower some more. Got a few more things to do, and then ive got to work on fixing the shaders and textures.

By the way, if any mods are viewing this, did our attachment limit go down? Ive noticed that uploading only 2 pictures seems to take up more room then previously.
    Holy crap, that will rock when it's finished.
    sweet!

do you know how many polys were in the *first* atlantis mesh?
    Yes. The original atlantis model was alittle over 4 million, and used about a gigabyte of textures. Mine so far is only using around 40 MB's of textures.
    i thought it was 2gb of textures, or maybe that was the second one.
    This render is just a test for my haze shader im making. There is no antialiasing in this, or a floor. Just the city, sky, and haze.
  • AinurAinur1 Posts: 0Member
    OOO Looks very nice. I think the haze is a bit too close, but that is all personal style, really.
    Ainur wrote:
    OOO Looks very nice. I think the haze is a bit too close, but that is all personal style, really.

the city is the size of manhattan...so its really not that close...:thumb:

love the haze, looks very cool! will you make it so thatthe shadows from the towers will be visible in it?
    Dallidas wrote:
    love the haze, looks very cool! will you make it so that the shadows from the towers will be visible in it?

I might, but I think that would require some volumetric lights. I'll have to give it a try later. Remember, im still using my old laptop.. 466 Mhz, 160 MB RAM, 2 MB integrated graphics....
    lol im sorry...
  • False_ProphecyFalse_Prophecy0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW......just....wow... i cant believe you've got that many polys goin with such a ......."smal" comp ( abousolutely no offense ment, ur amazing) my comp isnt much better and it STILL has problems with not having enough memory and what not. im runnin on 600 MHz, 256 ram, and my pics still turn out like crap with no detail. Ive been using C4D for about a year and i still cant make pics like that. so yet again, WOW, great talent.
  • dementeddemented171 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking very nice. Im a big SG fan and your doing Atlantis justice.

Keep it going :)
    Ive been working on this project lately, and here is what ive quickly put together. Im retexturing the entire city, and adding new parts and remodeling old parts.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    I like the different combinations in the surfacing of the city. The contrasts are very nice.
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work Vilandra!
    looking fantastic! but what is the big glass looking box on the pier?
    can we have a side shot of the city?
    Heres a little update on the city. Its been undergoing a make-over. Ive retextured just about everything with higher res textures. Got 2 more piers to retexture, and remodel a few things, then ill have to put all the peices together.
    Heres another higher res render. Most of the modeling is done. Right now im having problems finding the right settings for material specular, and trying to come up with a good light rig for this is a pain.
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Really cool work Vilandra! I suggest upping the gloss level slightly, so that the bright specular area is only a certain size, but not too much that it looks like plastic.
    that last render looks awesome! kinda dreamy i suppose. but 1 pier doesnt seem to be textured
  • IainBIainB331 Posts: 0Member
    This is fantastic man!! You got skiiiiills there mutiplyin!!!!!do di doooo... urm sorry about that....
    Superlative mesh mate!!
    super
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    how is the base of the city coming along, noone seems to do this and they are not sure of how the central spire looks. i was watching stargate atlantis rising just before and i noticed that there is a closeup of them and here are the scren caps for ya if you dont already have them...
    Amazing work there, awesome stuff. :thumb:
  • Joe BrownJoe Brown171 Posts: 0Member
    Fresh, from the episode 'PROGENY' - the best I can add for city details:
  • AlarethAlareth331 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, Progeny had some excellent angles of the cityship. I had not realized the central spire was "detached" from the rest of the city like that.
    Thanks for the caps. Looks like ive got my work cut out for me with the bottom. By the time this thing is done, it will probably be over 3 million polys. Ive seriously got to cut down on the poly count. Its getting out of control.
  • mmmm....glossy....*drools over keyboard*