Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Nugget starter kits - new to cg? READ THIS FIRST

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    edited October 2020 #62
    Open Office (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5

KOffice (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: N/A

Star Office (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)
    You can pretty much get this one anywhere, but if you get it from the google-pack's download site, it's free.

Post edited by Hundred on
    DarkBASIC - The Ultimate 3D Games Creator (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) This ones about $40.00 (U.S.), nice looking screenshots, :thumb:.

Genisis3D (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)
    This is a free one Fellas, great screenshots, :thumb:.

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Hi Hundred!
    I´m writing these lines just to say THANK YOU!! Really a collaborative spirit.
    You listed some cool applications here. I´ll take a look in many of them (learn how to use is another history :D). ;)
    Thanx Starship, it was a joint effort, several others contributed to adding links as well, and I hope in the near future, if you yourself find a nice piece of software out there, that isn't too very pricey or even free, that you would post it. As well as everyone else. And I hope you have lots of fun with whatever app(s) you choose.

And here are a few more apps for you all to try out, however they're not free, but the price is pretty nice, :thumb:.

Anime Studio 5.5 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) $49.99 U.S.

Manga Studio Debut (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) $49.99 U.S.

Poser: Figure Artist
    (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) $99.99 U.S.

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based soley upon extremely awesome screenshots.)

Shade 8 Standard
    (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) $199.99 U.S.

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based soley upon extremely awesome screenshots.)

Vue 6 Easal (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) $89.99 U.S.

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based soley upon extremely awesome screenshots. I will definitely be getting this one, :thumb:.)
    This is one I heard NanoGator talk about. It's for compiling frames into animations.

Virtualdub (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

This is one I heard volkov talk about. It's also for compiling frames into animations.

DJV Imaging
    (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) (Looks pretty good this one does, I may check it out myself, :thumb:.)

A superb image editing/sound mixing/dubbing/post production/etc. suite here Ya'll, and it's free, :thumb:.

Jahshaka (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Another renderer, and from what I see from screenshots and images, a pretty good one.

Luxrender (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based soley upon extremely awesome screenshots.)
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Did a quick search and couldn't see Houdini in here, and as it has a fully functional free learning edition:

Side Effects Software Inc.
    I don't think I've ever heard of Houdini spudmonkey, great images though, :thumb:. And BTW, thanx for posting links to the Apprentice Editions. Because just I looked at the prices on their master suites, and all I can say is:

Ohhhh S#!^!!!!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    lol, that's one reason I almost always jump at the chance to snag freeware editions of stuff, bryce 5.5 for example, dunno if I or anyone else posted it here, but here's the download link:

Bryce - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

you'll need to register at the software manufacturer's website to get your free serial number, I've provided the weblink to the registration page here:

DAZ Productions - 3D Models, 3D Content, and 3D Software

enjoy!
    ^lol indeed XRaiderV1.7, lol indeed.

Now here's another GREAT package, IMO. It's called Grome 1.2. There's a Professional Version, as well as a Standard Version. The Pro Version retails for about $300.00 (US), where as the Standard Version goes for around $90.00 (US).

Grome 1.2
    : (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based solely upon extremely awesome screenshots.)

And a few more...

DX Studio (Roughly $200.00 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 3.5/5 (Based solely upon reasonably nice screenshots.)

Landscape Studio (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Based solely upon extremely awesome screenshots.)

Cheeta3d
    ($150.00 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Wait, no SketchUp in here?

Sketchup 6, Free version, Pro version for $355,- (8 hour trial available) or educational version for $49 a year (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 4.5/5, based upon the fast learningcurve but the inability to do certain "advanced" stuff such as the edition of nurbs. The Hayden link in my sig has examples, combined with the renderer Kerkythea.
    The first one, are actually two, and are from the same makers. The pair is just loaded with potential. And, in the hands of a dedicated artist, it could do wonders.

Terrabrush & Planets2Terra (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: 4.99/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (Based solely upon some pretty awesome screenshots, and a little personal use.)

Landscape Studio (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: 4.9/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (Based solely upon some extremely awesome screenshots.)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    does Terragen 2 work with Vista? On the website it just says XP/2000?
    To Lonewriter: I have no idea, I don't run Vista. I've been meaning to get a copy, but.....
    Roadkill UV Tool (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Ultimate Unwrap 3D (Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro $59.95 US) (Ultimate Unwrap 3D (SE) $49.95 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Hexagon 2 ($149.00 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Alright Everyone, this is another one that I actually own. The product is called Ulead VideoStudio, and the latest versions are 11 and 11.5 Plus. And it's pretty good stuff too, :thumb:. 11 goes for about $70.00 (US), where as 11.5 Plus, is about $80.00 (US).

Ulead VideoStudio 11 and 11.5 Plus (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

NVIDIA Cg 01.4.1 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

NVIDIA FX Composer 2.5 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

For those of you who are Blender users, here's a link to a series of pretty great tutorials. They're all in full color, and are fairly comprehensive. And, they're downloadable. :thumb:.

Blender Art Magazine (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Here's a link to another free one courtesy of backstept, :thumb:, he posted it first. But you have to get your own offline renderer for it.

TrueSpace 7.6 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

• As for Audio: Audacity. ( Audacity, Inc ) It's a great universal audio utility... DO NOT GET THE lamemp3.dll MP3 decoder! It works great, but MP3s are LICENSED SOFTWARE and CODINGS... Unliess you want to license every music/sfx/sound byte, then you'll need to save your samples/work as Ogg Vorbis which IS FREE!...

For 3D Creations: TrueSpace 7.6 is NOW FREE. ( 3D Modeling Software - trueSpace ) Just register and download ALL of the files: the PDF users' guide, the video tutorials and the Installation Prog.

For 2D and Texture Work: Paint DOT Net 3.35 is FREE and always has been FREE. ( Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing ) Created as an enhanced version of Microsoft's Paint program, this photo editing suite is one of the best I've used, and continue to use it today. I use it for billboards, small signs/logos/indicia, and textures. It is very easy to use-- and not as clunky as GIMP, PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro, IMHO...

3D Simplicity/Harassment: Google's SketchUp. Understand, it's very simple to create 3D content with this utility, but you MUST find a plug-in called "X eXporter". What this does, once it is installed in SketchUp, allows you to export the model, with and without the texturing, to Direct 3D's ".X" format. Import the file into any 3D program and save it out into any other format... I use SketchUp for rendering sunken items (i.e. sinks, bathtubs, pools), and export them. Then I drop them into tS7.6 for a few nifty tweaks, and VIOLA-- instant 3D sweetness!...

Anyway, these are the few items I use.
    I also endorse "POV-Ray 3.6 for PC" and "... for Mac" from the POV-Ray Team. ( POV-Ray - The Persistence of Vision Raytracer ) This program uses a scripting language and is extensible, resolution initialization is configurable, and you can create your own text-based add-on files for your own rendering. It is a ray trace program, and the more complex your scenes are, the slower it renders.
    NOTE: There is also a multi-core BETA that could be very useful for those of you who own multi-core machines.

Enjoy...
  • As for Audio: Audacity. ( Audacity, Inc ) It's a great universal audio utility... DO NOT GET THE lamemp3.dll MP3 decoder! It works great, but MP3s are LICENSED SOFTWARE and CODINGS... Unliess you want to license every music/sfx/sound byte, then you'll need to save your samples/work as Ogg Vorbis which IS FREE!...

For 3D Creations: TrueSpace 7.6 is NOW FREE. ( 3D Modeling Software - trueSpace ) Just register and download ALL of the files: the PDF users' guide, the video tutorials and the Installation Prog.

For 2D and Texture Work: Paint DOT Net 3.35 is FREE and always has been FREE. ( Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing ) Created as an enhanced version of Microsoft's Paint program, this photo editing suite is one of the best I've used, and continue to use it today. I use it for billboards, small signs/logos/indicia, and textures. It is very easy to use-- and not as clunky as GIMP, PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro, IMHO...

3D Simplicity/Harassment: Google's SketchUp. Understand, it's very simple to create 3D content with this utility, but you MUST find a plug-in called "X eXporter". What this does, once it is installed in SketchUp, allows you to export the model, with and without the texturing, to Direct 3D's ".X" format. Import the file into any 3D program and save it out into any other format... I use SketchUp for rendering sunken items (i.e. sinks, bathtubs, pools), and export them. Then I drop them into tS7.6 for a few nifty tweaks, and VIOLA-- instant 3D sweetness!...

Anyway, these are the few items I use.
    I also endorse "POV-Ray 3.6 for PC" and "... for Mac" from the POV-Ray Team. ( POV-Ray - The Persistence of Vision Raytracer ) This program uses a scripting language and is extensible, resolution initialization is configurable, and you can create your own text-based add-on files for your own rendering. It is a ray trace program, and the more complex your scenes are, the slower it renders.
    NOTE: There is also a multi-core BETA that could be very useful for those of you who own multi-core machines.

Enjoy...
    Alright Fellas, here's a link to where you can download a few old (versions of), and or discontinued apps, suites, or plug-ins that you may have been looking for:

Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Can't believe I almost forgot about this one, :shiner:. From $99 to about $160.00 (US)

Silo 2.1 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 5/5 (Really good app here, :thumb:.)
    Here's a plugin for TrueSpace, it's an app called 3D Explorer. "You can walk, strafe, fly, zoom, use the mouse or keyboard. You can setup the graphic adapter to use, resolution, color depth, the size of the window (title bar, always on top, resizable, full screen, ecc..), or use the default settings."

I've never used it personally but, I've seen and heard some good things about it. It's priced at about $150.00 (US), :thumb:.

3D Explorer (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

quick3D ($60.00 to $200.00 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

AccuTrans 3D ($20.00 US) (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

3dc (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

X3DS - 3DS File Converter 1.00 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

You're probably gonna need some type of epic, symphonic score to go along with your blockbuster.

Anvil Studios: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Violet Composer: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

Rating: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: 3.95/5 (Not the best sound quality from the demos availible, but I'm sure someone can make it jam, :thumb:.)

Easy Music Composer Free 9.3 (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

• ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Daz Studio: A free 3D rendering application.

DAZ-Studio

On the website's forums at DAZ 3D there is the freepository, where one can find links to free models, etc to use within the program. Registering to the site is required to get access to the forums.

Also:
    Wings3D, a subdivision modeller for windows, mac and linux:
    Wings3D
    More stuff Fellas....... But mostly for Linux I think, :thumb:.

Misfit Model 3D:
    (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

QCAD: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

SagCAD: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.)

KPovModeler: (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) (This one looks like a pretty decent modeler)

Vertex 3D Model Assembler 00.1.15:
    (Please read all advisories, follow all instructions and observe all terms and conditions of the download site.) (This one looks like a very decent modeler)