Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    May I suggest that if those windows are a botanical garden, that you put in some skylight - type windows in the ceiling. There's more than enough room there, what with that nice plateau type thing there. Really good location for the garden, btw.

Cheers,
    Nick
  • XsjadoXsjado0 Posts: 0Member
    Skylight doesn't help much in space. Unless you're near a star it won't do much so your better off having a closed roof to give you more room for artificial sunlights.
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    I was actually thinking it'd be aesthetically pleasing for the crew. Since there's a botanical garden already aboard ship, why not compliment the plant life with the stars (make it like going outside at nighttime) rather than having windows in the front, and harsh lights and bulkhead above.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    No skylight. The name of the ship will go there.
    UPDATE...
    More of the botanical garden.
    198-1.jpg
    199-1.jpg
    New warp engines for this ship.
    200-1.jpg
    201-1.jpg
    202-1.jpg
    I'm also thinking of rebuilding the ship that started it all but was lost when my hard drive died.
    DO19.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    The botanical garden looks good. Yet just a bit poorly equipped.

He second ship looks very interesting. Strange, but interesting.

The third one is the holoship, right?
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Section 31, working in cooperation with (non-Maquis) rogue (ex-) Federation civilians. 10 to 20 years after Nemesis? I'd place it closer to 2 to 3 years after. A 24th century equivalent/homage to Dubya's last year or so of his term in office over '06/'07.

2381:

Voyager's holographic doctor had somewhat unwittingly created public turmoil as a result of a short-lived "photonic revolution". The fallout from the controversial appearance of Seven of Nine (Annika Hansen) on Earth while visiting her only surviving next-of-kin, an elderly aunt.

The Dominion War, the Enterprise-E versus the Remans at the Bassen Rift, the Baku forcible relocation scandal, among other things chipping away at general-confidence in the Federation causes several worlds (some major, others not so much) to consider leaving.

Seeing the obvious stresses this would put on Starfleet (& the threat that some old allies becoming re-aligned with the Klingons or Romulans or Cardassians would pose on an already teetering-on-a-precipice Alpha & Beta Quadrant,) a modest sized Task Force has begun recruiting its own "Coalition Of The Willing" in an attempt to force The Federation in a more militaristic, defensive direction, severely curtailing (but not altogether preventing,) already-tabled TOS-style re-devotion to extensive exploration.

How's that sound, XFozzBoute?

I'd love to write this out in a prose story, with you as Co-Author, & see if I've got it right.
    Aresius wrote: »
    The botanical garden looks good. Yet just a bit poorly equipped.

He second ship looks very interesting. Strange, but interesting.

The third one is the holoship, right?

The garden isn't done yet.:D
    The third ship was based on the holoship.

Well Hellsgate you idea sounds rather good.
  • Benji7869Benji78690 Posts: 0Member
    I like the Atrium space. The deck height looks about right, it takes away a perception I had the that the top part of this ship with the warp nacelles would be able to detach from the bottom half.

I'm going to hold on to comments about the cylinder ship till I see more but holoship, looks pretty sweet.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    reviewing EBOLII's last post........**still grumbling** adds the word...posted alien images....**grumbling**
    Alien ships will be coming as soon as I can come up with something I'm happy with.
    UPDATE...
    two shots of the shuttlebay door with textures.
    203-1.jpg
    204-1.jpg
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Cool textures, especially the old logo from The Motion Picture.;) Therefore,the blue needs to be a little stronger.;)
    The blue is exactly how I wanted it. A little subdued.
    A ship in honour of Soval...
    He would be happy to know.

I like it.
    That's a long hull number. Any particular reasoning behind it? I like the textures on the Shuttle Bay door but I would think about adding an airlock close to the door if not in the same cut out, for maintenance of the door and it seems a convenient place for one to access the aft end of the ship.
    Aresius wrote: »
    A ship in honour of Soval...
    He would be happy to know.

I like it.
    This is meant to have Vulcan names. I'm also going to use Solkar and Tpau ans Surak.
    I don't know if he'd be happy since he is a Vulcan. :D
    That's a long hull number. Any particular reasoning behind it? I like the textures on the Shuttle Bay door but I would think about adding an airlock close to the door if not in the same cut out, for maintenance of the door and it seems a convenient place for one to access the aft end of the ship.
    The number is my birthday. Just a number I used just to have one.
    I've actually already thought about some kind of airlock. Just need agood place that I'll be happy with.
    Hm, right. He'd be pleased of the existence of a ship named by him. :D

Wait, that means you had birthday, just a bit more than a month ago?

Happy belated birthday, dude!
    Thanks.
    UPDATE...
    Started to throw down a few hull details and lifeboat positions. The lifeboats are the green boxs.
    205-1.jpg
    I'm also playing with Nav Deflector size and position.
    206-1.jpg
    207-1.jpg
    Maybe it's how deep the hull is that is getting to me, but the details look about what I was seeing when I was trying to figure out where you where going with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    can this seperate though looking at it i could see this becoming one of them ****s like enterprise d or promethus where they can seperate either for battle or to leave civilians behind in battle
    Looks interesting.

Um, maybe I failed to read it, but what's the class?
    MasterWong wrote: »
    can this seperate though looking at it i could see this becoming one of them ****s like enterprise d or promethus where they can seperate either for battle or to leave civilians behind in battle
    No it will not seperate.
    Looks interesting.

Um, maybe I failed to read it, but what's the class?
    Since the Soval is the first ship it will be called Soval Class.
    Ah, matchy~matchy. ;):P

And type?
    But that bulky secondary hull it could be an explorer or a carrier.
    It's an explorer.
    UPDATE...
    Some more detail for the ass section.
    For those wondering about the cylinder and box shape. The cylinder is for the M/ARA ejection otherwise known as the warp core. The box is for the ejection of the antimatter pod assemblies. Right now they are just ideas for them. I might just do the as a texture.
    208-1.jpg
    A close up.
    209.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    how the hell did I miss this thread?!

bravo!
    nice new class concept.
    I love it!
    clap-1.gif clap-1.gif clap-1.gif clap-1.gif
    If you want opinons on the Warp core and antimatter ejection areas, The only comment I have is have you considered making them slight depressions in the hull, that way the hatches are internal?

I'm liking the other details you've added. Keep this thing going I love it.
    Nice work on that rear stuff.

@Benji: Usually they blow the hatch up, so it has to be on the outside. Other wise the explosive bolts wouldn't work.
    Right now I'm just working on size and placement. What is shown in the picture isn't the way it would be. They will be flush with the hull.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    somehow I haven't seen this WIP until now, I quite like what's going on here, keep it up
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    agreed.