Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DColonial Guardian

• DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice indeed
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    May I ask , do you intend to place an Identical set on the keel ( bottom) side?
    Anyway I really enjoy your work , keep it up.
  • backsteptbackstept2018 Posts: 919Member
    nope just on the top :D
    Well I like it!
    Keep the good work up Backstep your going to be famous one day!
    I can see in the Cristal ball, by the way can you make one of those too? LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I miss Backsteps BSG related stuff! Me want more! ;)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    agreed.
    May I offer my here, here, to that!
    You see that BACKSTEP, your work has a following your FAMOUS!
    haha :lol:
    'famous' that's funny

the holidays pretty much put a halt to my progress on this but I'll get back to it soon
    that is if EVE doesn't suck me in first ..
    Your work has value my friend!
    Where HOLLYWOOD when you really need it!
    okay new pic!
    it's not much, but I'm back at it
    45538.jpg
    nice.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    nice.

I second that!:thumb:
    I had quite literally just spent 3 hours typing, and my creativity spent, couldn't think of anything better to say, my earlier 'nice' just doesn't do this fine ship justice, lol.
    I want one!
    looking better and better every day!
    just thought I'd try a texture on it
    obviously nowhere near finished, but I got tired of staring at default white color :D

th_Guardian_037.jpg
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    really coming along nicely.
  • JuntoPiJuntoPi0 Posts: 0Member
    That is totally sweet!
    WOW great!
    more please.
  • maybe this was already asked and I missed it, but is there a landing bay in there somewhere? Otherwise, looking great.
    no landing bays . . . only airlock hatches
  • Cyba_stormCyba_storm171 Posts: 0Member
    I have been working on my version of a Colonial Defender for about 2 months. There are about a hundred pieces of paper around the place showing various configurations for it, but none of them have ever totally satisfied me. Sitting here now looking at your mesh I finally worked out how I am going to do it. Thankyou for the inspiration, and BTW great work.
  • Mrwoodchuck61Mrwoodchuck610 Posts: 0Member
    I showed this to Todd Boyce over at SCN (Starship Combat News) Forum. He was very impressed by your take on the ship. BTW I think its awesome too. Keep up the work, I like your Cygnus design too, nice little support ship. Have you concidered a true Battleship along its design?
    I showed this to Todd Boyce over at SCN (Starship Combat News) Forum. He was very impressed by your take on the ship. BTW I think its awesome too. Keep up the work, I like your Cygnus design too, nice little support ship. Have you concidered a true Battleship along its design?
    really? that's cool, thanks :D
    I haven't really given much thought to other BSG designs, mostly because there are many BSG wips that are going on here at the moment, and I don't want to add to the chaos :D
    and also a side result of that is that it seems like everything has been done already, or certain things have been done to death, and I'd rather do something new :thumb:
    Cyba_storm wrote: »
    I have been working on my version of a Colonial Defender for about 2 months. There are about a hundred pieces of paper around the place showing various configurations for it, but none of them have ever totally satisfied me. Sitting here now looking at your mesh I finally worked out how I am going to do it. Thankyou for the inspiration, and BTW great work.
    I'd love to see your version :thumb:
    who knows? it might inspire me to get back to work on mine!
    hey, mrwoodchuck61, nice to see you in his neck of the woods, hope ya like the place.
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Hope you dont mind my posting this Backstept but IIRC you once said you like seeing other versions of your work so heres mine. Its only around 3000 polys so the detail is sparse to say the least. (BTW. Hardest piece of this to do was the engine core).

gaurdian1.jpg
    gaurdian2.jpg
    neat! :D
    lemme guess . . . blender?
    looks like a good start. keep it up! :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The textured version looks cool! Can we see other views?

Off topic: I made hand drawings for Galactica too, some years ago. IA’ll post them in the 2d WIPs section later. ;)
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Actually backstept. The low poly game model is complete and was made using Milkshape 3d. I only model low poly, so the likes of 3dmax studio are only used for reference renderings and model conversions.

I'm just glad your WIP reference shots were clear and reasonably easy to follow.
  • 137th Gebirg137th Gebirg332 Posts: 0Member
    VERY cool design - has a lot of hybrid elements in it between the two shows and they work well together. I like the big energizer pod in the middle.