Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DThe Renewed Valor from Andromeda the series

• Bravo universaltim on your :flippy: amazing work.
  • Your images look great universaltim. The ships from Andromeda did look ok, the Andromeda herself was the best one on the show in my view and the World ship.......wow.......so huge and such a bad sign to any fleet, I doubt that even the Wraith could withstand them for long, maybe. Too bad I'm not skilled enough to make a 3d model of it.........I wonder if anyone else is willing to try? Can't wait to see an update as well:thumb:
  • universaltimuniversaltim0 Posts: 0Member
    Okay ladies and gentlemen! I finally have an update. Here is the Balance of Judgment/Wrath of Achilles Starship from Andromeda. I had to scrap the original, and do this one by hand. I'll color it later when I have time, but trust me, it won't take nearly as long for the next update (I promise). I'll probably do two different color schemes, one silver, the other gold.
    It took me forever to get the right angles, but I think it looks good so far. But still, it was fun. Anyway, let me know what you think of it.
    Alright, now for an update (I told you it wouldn't take as long as last time). I added some detail (not a lot though), and I changed the end of all the "arms". I also did a version of the ship without the battle blades extended. Sometime later I'll color it, but that won't be for just a little longer. I'm still thinking of doing two, one gold and the other silver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Fantastic.
    update.
    Yep, you beat to it, but here is an update. Fortunately I've had some extra time to work on this, so here is the Balance of Judgment/Wrath of Achilles, one Gold, the other Silver.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    sweet.
    Will we also see it with the battle wings (or whatever those additional wings are called) and a front or side view?
    You know, I hadn't actually thought about coloring the drawing with the battle blades, but I will do that now that someone asked. As for the front and side views, I want to do that for all of the ships, but it's hard to find the time I need to really work on it without interruption. However, somewhere down the road I will post them...it just won't be for a little while (with the holidays on us, trying to find a new job and start a new semester in a few weeks).
    Thanks for the positive feedback though! Since people are interested, I will make sure that I get this stuff done, all I ask is patience and forgiveness.
    On a side note, I was thinking of doing the Pyrian torchships since they look very similar to the DSX ships (Balance of Judgment/Wrath of Achilles/Resolution of Hector). I like seeing ships like these that are rarely shown. Everyone always does either the main ship from a series, or some weird looking ship that I hate, and that's why I enjoy doing these (I'm not trying to slam anyone who does ships from a scifi series, it's just that it's frustrating for me to find the kind of ships I want to see in more detail).
    Okay, back to getting some work done (and hopefully some art as well). I think then I might crack open a nice cold beer...it is Friday after all.
    Alright, a little bit of insomnia has allowed me to color the drawing with the battle blades. I tried my hand at a side view (without the blades), and I'm not happy with it, so that particular view will be a bit longer in the making (a lot longer). As you can see, it lacks...well, it lacks something. One day I'll figure it out and fix it, but not today.
    Anyway, here is the latest.
    Enjoy!
    I think it looks quite nice. Both the golden top view as well as the silver side view.
    cool, any thing more planed.
    Thanks. I do have some more ideas in mind, however I won't be working on them in the next week or two because I'm a little busy with everything else that's going on. The next ship will either be a Nietzschean destroyer, or the Collector's ship.
    Now I'm wishing I had the series on DVD so I could make my own screencaps...
    go for the collectors ship. :)
    Okay, Collector's Ship it is then.
    This is what I've been able to put together with the limited screencaps I have (I think I'll need to be buying this series on DVD if I want any good screencaps of the ships when I start doing more of the Commonwealth fleet). Next to it is the main screencap I am working with. So far, it seems to be doing alright, so here's hoping it continues to go smoothly!
    46449.PNG46450.JPG
    See the image attached. The stuff in the red circle (whatever it may be) is too small, to narrowed to the centre of the ship.
    It needs to be broader, look at the cap, you see that the stuff goes even across the upper side(s).
    46475.PNG
    Yeah, I've noticed it too. In fact, there are a few other minor errors that I will be fixing, like the "wing" width. Also, the back of the ship is too wide.
    Yep, I have a lot of work ahead of me before this one passes muster.
    I had a little bit of insomnia tonight, so here is some changes (and color) to the Collector's cruiser.
    46479.PNG
    Nice start!
    Any chance at trying ure hand at this design? :) :cool:
    theblackwatchhv5.jpg
    :eek!: What Is That?!?!?
    Aresius wrote: »
    :eek!: What Is That?!?!?

A destroyer i found long ago by a guy/girl called 'white tiger' or somthing like that. :cool:
    That's fraking cool!
    Any chance of an update?
  • primateavengerprimateavenger0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi been a long time since I posted move city and became a father hehe

Been lurking arouund for a couple of weeks now and stumbled along this thread 'Universaltim' I'll post all my old artwork i did if its any use to you, just dug it all out. Excellent work on those high guard ships..

Here you go this is everything I can find sure I've got some more lying around but I'll look for them later.:D
    52311.jpg52312.jpg52313.jpg52314.jpg52315.jpg
  • primateavengerprimateavenger0 Posts: 0Member
    found some more

The first two are obviously both style of slipfighter used during the show, The second is a 'seigecruiser' (never got round to naming it), the third is the glorious heritage and the last two are troop transports
    52327.jpg52328.jpg52329.jpg52330.jpg52331.jpg
    Awesome! It was your drawings that first inspired me to do this stuff here. I saw them a while back and wanted to do something similar and add color, but I found few references on the web (I still have yet to get the DVDs and make my own screencaps).
    I've been wanting to do that High Guard Battleship for some time now. You've got some great detail in these drawings, and this will help me way more than I can express. Thanks a lot!
    As for any new updates, I haven't been working on any of this stuff for a while because of other priorities this year. I hope to have some new stuff to post this summer sometime, but it's hard to set aside some time to draw this stuff right now. I still find time to draw, but it's stuff for another project (a paying gig), so this stuff (and a few other things I've been wanting to work on) have taken a back seat I'm sorry to say.
    And now I'll sign off because I have found that I'm saying "stuff" far too much in this post...

Stuff.

OKay, I'm done

Thanks again primateavenger!
    Well, first off, welcome back and congratulation on being father. :thumb:

About the pictures; I can't see the shapes of the ships, because the lines are too thin. Regular problem when done with pencil and scanned though....
    cool. :)
  • maquismaquis0 Posts: 0Member
    are these just draws or are you making them into models?