Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    UPDATE...
    Thought I'd try the bridge and warp engines on another ship.
    The U.S.S. Redwood
    134.jpg
    135.jpg
    136.jpg

I like this alot. It looks like the bastard child of the aforementioned Voyager concept and the Dauntless from that Voyager episode, name escapes me at the moment.
    It looks sleek and compact, like a ship designed for high-maneuver fighting...like a follow up of the Defiant class.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Thanks.
    Here's a rough out of the interior of the confrence room/ready room.
    137.jpg
    138.jpg
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    That is nice....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    You know, I think I like the Soval better like it was in that last pic just before you changed to the next design, just a big wing with a bridge and nacelles, and no main body.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Haha welcome to my world.. the closer you get, the more refined the details need to be! :) Those panels could use edge bevelling :)

Otherwise though those interiors look really cool! :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    good. :thumb:
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    keep dazziling us fozz.
  • 1of331of330 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great but i agree with tobian that you need to bevel some of your edges
    oxYgen wrote: »
    You know, I think I like the Soval better like it was in that last pic just before you changed to the next design, just a big wing with a bridge and nacelles, and no main body.
    I just chose not to render the main hull since I haven't done any work on it yet. It will still have it I just have to final the design.
    tobian wrote:
    Haha welcome to my world.. the closer you get, the more refined the details need to be! Those panels could use edge bevelling

Otherwise though those interiors look really cool!

I just haven't gotten around to beveling them yet. I will, I'm just a little focused on the warp engines right now.
    UPDATE...
    Did someone say warp engine?
    139.jpg
    Close up of the RCT.
    140.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Are you putting the blunt end forward, and the rounded end aft? That's an interesting choice....
    No the round end is forward and the blunt aft. It would look goofy the other way.
    Fozz am I correct in assuming that your feild emitters are going to be dark? I like the idea of not having that bright glow for stealth.
    they're really sweet. The fin with the running light at its start reminds me a bit to ther Excelsiors nacelles. I like them.
    Haven't got a clue about filed emitters.:D

Haveing the running light there just felt like a good idea. Never noticed if any other ship had it that way or not.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Haven't got a clue about filed emitters.:D

The part that glows blue
    I usually just call those the warp grills. They will glow blue, I wouldn't have bothered making them otherwise. If the ship can be picked up on sensors stealth becomes irrelevent.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Without the windows, and the rear extrusion, that would make a sweet armored vehicle, using hovercraft, or grav systems for propulsion. Sorry, I was looking at the bridge design. <<Is new here
    well, the excelsior has the light on the tips, you on the basis, but I was rather pointing to the fin itself.
    Well the fin came from just watching TMP a few days ago.
    UPDATE...
    Another shot of the warp engine.
    141.jpg
    The observation room/bar windows has been installed.
    142.jpg
    As well as the forwarsd torpedoe launcher.
    143.jpg
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Oooo, nice update man! I love that shot of the observation room. This really turning out to be a great design.

On a side note, I crack up every time I see "Primitive Screwhead". It's a line from one of my all time favs: "Armies of Darkness". I just watched it the other night.:lol: Is that where the name came from?
    wow. That's impressive
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The room looks very nice, and the naceles are impressive too. Seeing the details that you have put until now, IA’m anxiouslly waiting to see what youA’ll do with the main hull.
    Wow!
    Hey Fozz you think we could get a xlose up of the forward launcher, maybe?
    jay-mo wrote: »
    Oooo, nice update man! I love that shot of the observation room. This really turning out to be a great design.

On a side note, I crack up every time I see "Primitive Screwhead". It's a line from one of my all time favs: "Armies of Darkness". I just watched it the other night.:lol: Is that where the name came from?

Thank you. And yes I got the name from Army of Dakness. One of the greatest movies ever made. :D

I'll do a close up of the torpedoe launcher when I get a little more done on it. It's still a bit rough.
    cool Fozz.
    UPDATE...
    A close up of the forward torpedoe launcher.
    145.jpg
    A very roughed out idea for a phaser turret.
    146.jpg
    Another ship from FASA called the Claymore. This one is also very rough.
    144.jpg
    The inner side of the torpedo tubes are a bot to rounded IMHO. Interesting phaser turret.

The Claymore looks good.
    yes yes yes I like it all. and Aresiushas a point that is an interesting phasor turret. Me thinks you could have alot of those little buggers.
    The tubes might get rebuilt. I'm not sure yet because I do like them but I think I'd like to do something else with them too.
    I'm still sure about the turrets yet. I'm kind of on the fence with them.

UPDATE...
    Working on one of the airlocks.
    147.jpg