Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• UnimatrixUnimatrix0 Posts: 0Member
    Sheesh, it's only been 4 days.
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    hehe a long long 4 days...well i havent had much time cause of exwife problems and a long law/court weekend that has pissed me off to all high...

but here is a small update after a few versions i tried, this one being the one i liked to continue detailing...

updates might not be on a daily basis cause of issues above but ill try my best cause blending is the only thing keeping me sane every now and then...
  • sorry to hear about your court weekend. and the work is awesome man
  • The engines look great:thumb:. I've also started to make my version as well but I'm having problems already.
    problems suck, whats the prob your having?

and just one more look at the engines before i get ready for work tonight, ill be up allnight after work so hopefully that bottom engine i can call done by tonight, and mirror over to the right
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    *Drools*

Man i'd love to see this with Casperheads -304

(*wonders if the two meshes are the same program or not*)
  • Looks great! The only reason I haven't started a new thread yet is because right now it's a box with my attempt at making a Daedalus in it. I'm just having trouble on what to do to make it seem like a hanger and something that has the bridge on it. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I do have a few ideas of what to do though.
  • damn man they look even sweeter on the ship
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    *Drools*

Man i'd love to see this with Casperheads -304

(*wonders if the two meshes are the same program or not*)

is his 304 down loadable? if so ill import it and do a render with my carrier in the background, kinda of like as if he took off from the deck, and have like 10 f-302's over his head abit towards the back of the daedalus, like wingmen following him....and ill have the carrier in the backdrop with like 2-3 more daedy's or any other fan models i can pick up
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great, you never fail to impress.
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    Am I correct in assuming that this ship is using some of the recently acquired Asgard tech? Personally, I love the size of it, People are complaining about it's size, but judging by the size of the 304's on it's deck, it's still considerably smaller than a hive ship.

*edit*

Also, I would suggest doing some renders at 2560x1600, since that would really show off the detail and it's the resolution of my monitor and I'd love to have some of these for wallpaper and I'm a whore, I'll shut up now. :shiner:
    Looks great! The only reason I haven't started a new thread yet is because right now it's a box with my attempt at making a Daedalus in it. I'm just having trouble on what to do to make it seem like a hanger and something that has the bridge on it. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I do have a few ideas of what to do though.

i know what ya mean, for the longest of time i had the outline of a real carrier traced, and i poked and prodded at it trying to making it looking like a space vehicle instead of a watervessel but still retain the idea...

hmmm well, if your aiming for what i think you are, have a look at some battletech ships...those ships are increadibly done i think, and they have everything from mothership to dropships to aircraft etc...they even have a ship that carriers drop ships, drop ships were designed to relocate entire divisions of mechs, and those other ships carrier like 15 drop ships, they are in the order of billions of tons if not trillion if i can remember my technical data....i remember a ship of thiers it was kinda like a carrier, in function and reminds me of what your describing what you want....take a look at them might give you some inspiration. I know when i dry up, i can spend hours looking at other peoples work to get my mind cranking....

Battletech Warships and Aerotech
    Catalyst Game Lab's Official Classic Battletech Website

are all good places to start, i know these ships spark my mind cause they look more realistic that some others, including mine lol
  • Actually I want mine to be able to go in the water (since that would look soooo cool!), well with at least the lowest docking bay being submerged. I have whole design idea in my head except for the 3 main docking bays top sections and the engines. The design basicly should sort of look similar to yours but it should be wider at the back section and nearly a point at the front that can still let Daedalus sized ships in.

Edit: I actually already know what the landing gear/weapons look like, just making them might be a slight challenge.
    DarkElfa wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming that this ship is using some of the recently acquired Asgard tech? Personally, I love the size of it, People are complaining about it's size, but judging by the size of the 304's on it's deck, it's still considerably smaller than a hive ship.

yes its a mix of asgard tech and human tech, I have a small story line that actually puts the idea of this ship at the time of the prometheus start, so this ship is not a 2030+ ship its more like a 2010 ship or earlier...

right now the size of the ship puts it into the auroa class, but not as powerfull because the main idea of this ship is to not fight head one gun for gun, but more of a defensive role, and all weapons are aimed at that...even though the guns are huge, they are huge because they are a early adaptation of asgard/human tech, and because they are for close defensive combat not far striking combat...

cargo and carriers ships dominate the sea in size because they are transporting something, its the same idea here, and also as a command role...

the reported figure of the hive ship was about 11,000m long or about twice the length of a orion/auroa class ship, which to me is not that unbelievable because they are hive ships, designed to carry something tons people lol...

but its just under half the length of a hive ship, just a tad bigger than a orion/auroa, and not as large as a ori mother ship (i think could be wrong)
    DarkElfa wrote: »

*edit*

Also, I would suggest doing some renders at 2560x1600, since that would really show off the detail and it's the resolution of my monitor and I'd love to have some of these for wallpaper and I'm a whore, I'll shut up now. :shiner:

no prob on your render request...a few pages back think 3, i did a 3600x1200 ortho with this and a deadalus, the side view...

i know what ya mean though, i have a 1900x1200 hd monitor and anything under 1280x1024 looks like crap on my screen, so i rarely render under that...

when i do my final orthos i think im going to do a 5000x2000 render for each ortho of front back side etc...

edit*

what setup would you like for that size request there? a simple scene render, ortho etc...(im not doing graphic textured space backdrop scenes just yet so they will be simple backgrounds and models for now)
    ok well i said ill post another update and well here it is, night has passed the light is coming threw the windows, and here is my work on one of the side engines, and the idea i wanted from it, now wondering if i should just duplicate it over to the other two, or make the other two unique just slightly

well at any rate, most of the time was spent cleaning up the front 'bussards' of the atlantis engines, guess when i started the ship my techniques were not that 'clean', shows you what experience does for you...and well getting the human/asgard engine to something of what i wanted, instead of trying to detail a huge long tube...

see you guys in a few hours im turning in...thanks for all your kind comments, they keep me going and working on this thing, to be honest i never thought the ship would turn out this great, nor did i think my abilities would have been able to produce it, especially since before this ship, i have few models to my name in blender and not very pretty ones at that. Seeing it even show up and referenced in other threads is awesome as well, telling other people to look at mine for idea or things like that, very kewl stuff you all very kewl...
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks good. Th only thing I would suggest is making the engines a little bit different from each other in terms of smaler details. That would make this ship more real like...
  • its awesome man i wish i could do that in blender or in 3ds
  • Very nice:thumb:. I almost have my main hanger done as well. Just need to make the top part look................like a bridge area or something like that.
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    no prob on your render request...a few pages back think 3, i did a 3600x1200 ortho with this and a deadalus, the side view...

i know what ya mean though, i have a 1900x1200 hd monitor and anything under 1280x1024 looks like crap on my screen, so i rarely render under that...

when i do my final orthos i think im going to do a 5000x2000 render for each ortho of front back side etc...

edit*

what setup would you like for that size request there? a simple scene render, ortho etc...(im not doing graphic textured space backdrop scenes just yet so they will be simple backgrounds and models for now)

I'd just like a basic front corner cruising angle beauty shot, with your great ceramic look on a black background would be awesome. Anything else i think would just take away from the beauty of this amazing model.

Also, I'd love to hear more on the back story of this vessel and why Star Gate Command decided to build it. Thanks again, I love passionate artists.:thumb:
  • DarkElfa wrote: »
    I'd just like a basic front corner cruising angle beauty shot, with your great ceramic look on a black background would be awesome. Anything else i think would just take away from the beauty of this amazing model.

Also, I'd love to hear more on the back story of this vessel and why Star Gate Command decided to build it. Thanks again, I love passionate artists.:thumb:
    Yea, that view did look cool. When the engines are finished you should make a render of everything being shown to be ready to fight or else being alert for something. The back story would be a nice touch too, I would like to hear the reason behind the SGC giving a go to the Leviathans construction.
    Well im not at my Leviathan pc, but had this special fighter on the drawing board/napkins for my carrier...Ive always love the way the old lightnings p-38's looked, as well as the weasel nose of the su-27/9's, but to blend all of those into a 302 frame stargate...well that was for me to do and accomplish...here is the result...the F-327 (3 not just cause of stargate but as well as the 38, and the 27 for the su-27 ;) let there always be a reason for why i name my ships) as for the name of it, not yet decided but got a few on the board...

Back story time:
    During the construction of the prometheus, as well as the 302's, designers and military stragtegists, immediatly going to the drawing boards for better designs of both. Once such design lead to the 304 daedalus class, well other designs for smaller and bigger ships were put foward. Commanders knew the importance of a command station whether it be on the ground in form of a mobile base, or at sea with a carrier group. The need for a battlegroup such as a carrier group to respond to the ever growing increase of threats needed to be established. Especially if any ground site was compromized, a battle group could evacuate a site and make it mobile and on the run till a new place was found. Enter the Leviathan plan and purpose. Not only would it be large enough to function as a floating base, but it would be able to defend a region of space that a daedalus could not with far greater speed and reliability than a lone daedalus could. As well as being a moving command station, it would be able to dispatch smaller scout groups or response parties that would take days or longer to dispatch from earth or other regions of space. As soon as the promethius rolled off the line, the Leviathan was in front of the boards for review, and the go-ahead was given after its destruction. And redesigned for daedalus operations. As it was being built, the frame of the ship was said to resemble that of a serpent. A loan custodian overhearing the high generals with his mop bucket in hand, gave a nice slow rough voice, "a serpent heh, its a Leviathan, the demon of the sea, it looks like you found a ur sea demon to battle your serpents ga-uld". The name stuck, and it was crimsoned the Leviathan, and was slated to roll of the production lines in 2009, with the new asgard technology, that date was pushed to late 2009 to early 2010 to allow for the introduction of asgard integration, with the second one coming late 2010.

theres the back story so far ;), got a small one for the f-327 as well, but that back story will be finished when i iron out its name...

enjoy the pictures of my carrier defense fighter
  • sweet fighter design
  • Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    Good looking fighter!:thumb:
  • Cool F-327 elitewolverine:thumb: almost looks like a sports car that can fly:lol:
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    Has a Federation fighter feel. :thumb: I love it
  • love that fighter! like a stealth bomber mixed with a p-38!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice so far
  • great looking fighter, such a design is a bit outdated in the real world though :P
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    yeah; that design hasnt really been used since WWII. and why you need a third "wing" if you're in space? :)