Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

External TutorialMad lighting! for MAX

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9779 Posts: 5,321Member
edited September 2007 in Tutorials #1
lighting-tytle.jpg

Ok hosted once more
I had to rewrite this from scratch. So I might be missing something or made something really vauge.
No pdf yet but soon.
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Nice tut Madkoi !
    Do you remember Nico Weigand ? He was a member here, some time ago... He was one of the most generous guys in helping other members, presenting tutorials and support. He was a tallented modeller too, really tallented.

Why I´m writing this ? Just to say thanks for the continuous support to the other members, posting the tuts, and say that you´re a great modeller too. As Weigand was in the past, today you´re one the most cool members here.

As spok would says:

"Live long and prosper !"
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah ... I'll second that:thumb:

Great tut madkoi... Allways nice to see how other artists work!
  • TrooperTrooper0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks alot dude. Much appreciated. :)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9779 Posts: 5,321Member
    Thanks guys sorry it seems my redirect service is fruiting out today, that or its krapcast birthing a large mammal. . . . . .One of these days Ill get around to PDFing this crap or something heh.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Great! Thanks for sharing your rendering tricks - now we just need a "Mad Ideas from Scratch - lot's of 'em!" tutorial, or better yet "Mad Instant-Trek-Crap"!:D We need a Charity Award here at SFM!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Will this technique work with lighting a starship inside a spacedock?
    Its just a set up. How you use it or arrange it is up to you. Each enviroment will have its own rig, To compare a dry dock orbiting a brownish gas giant will have diffrent properties of ambient than a dock in orbit around a blue terristrial planet. Not to mention the external enviroment of the sun in the system etc.

The tut is not a model kit where part A goes into part B etc. Its just a stepping stone to get people started. For example the area lights I found with my shadow settings it produces a nicer effect than stock settings. (which are often hard shadows and blown out details) It also serves as a resource I coudlnt find when I was learning this stuff. IE little tips I learned on my own by screwing with the app.

I really need to pdf this up since I dont know how long these images will be hosted, crapcast is still to busy fapping in the toilet to call me back.

ADDENDUM:: to note please, I do not know how much longer crapcast will host these files. Since it seems I will be forced to cancel my service with them. SO PLEASE dont post "where are the pics!!!" No need to bump a broken tut. IF they do cut the hosting Ill do what I can to get them hosted elsewhere.
  • RiCkFXRiCkFX0 Posts: 0Member
    We could host it on SFM actually.
    Bumping to let ppl know the http is up

point is it WAS on sfm but you know that hosting has limits and is a reason it was hosted elsewhere. You want WIP updates or tuts images. . . . . I can bet most would vote for latter :p
    Either way its hosted now close to what it was but with http instead since This pc is way to hard to type a entire tut into this little editor lol.

UPDATE 07-31-10
    HTTP tutorials are back online!
    http://madfishway.rr.nu
    blog will serve as back up. But I recommend the http since it is the original formatting.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix0 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm, for some odd reason the hull plating method you have never even occured to me. I'll have to try it out some time.
  • Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
    His lighting tutorial is how I ended up with the lighting I have now on my models but his hull plating tut was a little on the frustrating end.