Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSTIII Merchantman

2»

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    Small update while reference and donor hunt continues. Time to watch The Pickard Show.

aluu6j5di609.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180scifiericwibbleLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68BrandenbergtrekkiStarrigger
    edited April 2023 #33
    Still not comfortable moving some bits outward, though the med-lat proportions are off and things don't quite land where they should... grr etc ;-)
    otdupbl7w95n.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180scifiericStarCruiserwibblepubliusrLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68BrandenbergSCE2Auxtrekki
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    You're doing a beautiful job. The underside is so difficult. So much to model.
    You're doing a beautiful job. The underside is so difficult. So much to model.

Thank you. I've got three or four plates spinning right now and not updating much as it's small steps across those projects and not focusing on one (a bit like a painter or sculptor, energy dips with one and you put the other on the easel or stand) Thanks again, should have a more recent render of what I've been up to in a few days. Still in the reference hunt on her too.
    publiusr
    Alas, dead in the water it seems. There is not enough on the ship pre-butchering and I need to be completing work for portfolio to get a damn job, and not thumb-twiddling over ref that I do not have and losing days to fruitless searches. A favorite, may get back to her one day, but for now...

6loeur6ge8n0.jpg
    SCE2AuxashleytingerLizzy777StarCruiserevil_genius_180Mustang13Camaro68trekkijapetuswibble
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    She's looking good, hopefully you can get back to this project soon - and all the best on your job hunt!
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    She's looking good, hopefully you can get back to this project soon - and all the best on your job hunt!

Thanks- I'm not giving up on working out who the current owner is and trying to wrangle some imagery, but yeah, the portfolio and a lot of work has to take precedence over one asset. I was rather close to a spot on a dream project at the end of last year, but things did not work out (no input on why) and it became, it seems, a one and done, which is a shame as it's a great group and amazing project. Onward!
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Oh wow looks so good!
    vfxart
    japetus wrote: »
    Oh wow looks so good!

Thanks--- such a way to go yet, but ref has dried up, and I'm not much into guesswork to fill in the volumes etc. I can see a few bits that I forgot to tack on that are built, so maybe a couple of hours on it early next week. Then she's to bed til better ref or I track down the owner.

publiusr
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
    vfxart wrote: »
    6loeur6ge8n0.jpg
    I just caught a rerun of TNG's "The Outrageous Okana" which showed a great underside of this ship at around 23 minutes in. Seeing it move could be useful in determining shape & proportion. Not sure how much they butchered it at this point though.
    https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/observations/theoutrageousokona/18-theoutrageousokona-r.jpg
    evil_genius_180
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV