Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited April 2023 #3692
    @Warp Propulsion Laboratory: You mean the vertical transporter controls? I considered it, but decided not to as the central panel already has vertical elements which kinda emulate that look, and none of the movie-era transporter consoles had those sorts of controls anyway, those were only really used in TOS and then the TNG era.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks! Yeah, that was bothering me hahaha

@Rory1707: Thanks mate!

@GateGirl: Thanks! Hey, this was my first interior, the only mark there is for publishing is being open to feedback.

Here are the finished renders for the transporter room! Been meaning to do a proper TUC era transporter for a long while, and I'm happy I finally did, it was a fun project!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1680464012
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1680464022
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1680464031
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1680464038
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1680464045
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1680464052
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1680464058
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-victory-transporter-room-cutaway.jpg?1680464067
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    trekkievil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryDoctorShmullusStarCruiservfxartRory1707BolianAdmiralseanrLizzy777and 6 others.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • GateGirlGateGirl111 Richmond, NSW, AustraliaPosts: 58Member
    @Rekkert O-M-G I am in love! Now you've more than inspired me to push on with my interiors! Thank you! :)
    Rekkert
    Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
    Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
    A dream from which — we pray to wake.
    A dream from which — we wake and go
    edited October 2023 #3694
    Continued to update the renders on my site as time allows and converting the ships to the new format. I took the chance to do a slight redesign I've been thinking about for a while on the Cerberus bridge. Originally the bridge featured 6 consoles in a row at each side, which in retrospect I never quite liked, it ended up looking too much like overkill IMO. So I simply swapped the 3 aft consoles with the exit alcoves, meaning that while the number of stations remains the same, they are more distributed around the bridge, helping it look more balanced. I also changed the registry number from NCC-74915 to NCC-75110, which was the registry given for Cerberus on the Star Trek Adventures Utopia Planitia sourcebook.

I was happy with that change and that was gonna be the end of it, but when I was gonna update the site I realized something, this would be the third ship with the exact (or almost exact) same "Enterprise-E" aesthetic, alongside both the Yeager and Ross. So I tested out some different colors and ended up swapping the style for a mix of Enterprise-E and Voyager greys. I think this works better for the role intended for Cerberus, and it better differentiates it from the other ships I already have.

Old version (which I'm sure you'll all prefer :joy:):
    tadeo-d-oria-ddo2zn4-16e9b979-b125-4dd4-85dd-06b7d3166e1f.jpg?1678579761
    tadeo-d-oria-ddo2zn9-3833db2e-babe-48c3-9436-7c1a7dcc0ccd.jpg?1678579788

New version:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1680557912
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-cerberus-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1680557988
    evil_genius_180Rory1707ashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777wibblecool65Warp Propulsion LaboratoryvfxartDoctorShmullusand 3 others.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the new version better, particularly the color scheme. Truth be told, I'm not a fan of the Enterprise-E bridge colors, I like the Voyager grays better. Though, I do like that you kept the red doors. With the grays, red doors and railings, it's giving me a bit of a TOS vibe, which is never a bad thing.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Love love love the new version of the bridge. The color scheme is awesome and the bridge looks more spacious. Nicely done my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I'm adding a vote for the second version
    Rekkert
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh SNAP, that new one is pretty close to what was in my head for the Titan bridge reading the books... down to the lights/consoles behind the XO and Deanna's seats.

And I"m digging the blue, the brown just feels kinda dirty and honestly a little 70s. Kinda want to hit that with the vacuum.

Also the wall consoles, I like how there's a standard layout (one big screen on top, three below) but it's not super obvious. It keeps things feeling clean.
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    I prefer the newer version as well. Layout is definitely better, and I like the color scheme... however:

In both versions, you have a total of 19 seats (16 staff, 3 command), which feels a bit overkill for a "mid-size" Attack Cruiser like the Prometheus Class. Personal preference, would be a reduction of the blocks of 3 seats, down to 2 giving it a total of 15 seats. Still a considerable amount, but far more sensible in my humble opinion.

Of course, this is your design, and I love it just the same. Just throwing the idea out there :)

One thing currently missing though, is some sort of console for the First Officer to interact with.
    Rekkert
    I'm glad you all prefer the new version!
    In both versions, you have a total of 19 seats (16 staff, 3 command), which feels a bit overkill for a "mid-size" Attack Cruiser like the Prometheus Class. Personal preference, would be a reduction of the blocks of 3 seats, down to 2 giving it a total of 15 seats. Still a considerable amount, but far more sensible in my humble opinion.

I'm glad this was brought up, it's an interesting point on which I go back and forth myself.

Cerberus was mentioned in several novels as Admiral Ross' flagship, so when I designed this bridge back in 2020, I imagined it was a larger one-off with extra consoles because it's intended role is in command of a fleet. That being said, I often regretted making this large bridge for such a small ship, and when I was doing this latest redesign I considered renaming it as USS Musashi, which was mentioned in DS9 and finally appeared as a Sovereign-class ship in Picard.

So yeah, I'm torn on it myself, and I wouldn't mind changing it to another ship if folks think it would be more fitting.

As for the number of stations, the two chairs flanking the command chair are actually intended for guests, just as was seen on Admiral Riker's Enterprise-D in 'All Good Things'. I thought it would be fitting as this was meant as another Admiral's ship. So, the total number of stations is 17, not 19 (which I know is still a lot).
    DoctorShmullus
    I do kinda wish that these were the TNG-style push-into-the-wall chairs... I feel like having all those chairs there keeps any other officer from easily approaching and using the console in case of an emergency. On top of that, empty chairs make the room feel empty if no one's there. A lot of these consoles seem to work fine with one person, and sometimes a second will look over their shoulders.
    darkthunderRekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    As for the number of stations, the two chairs flanking the command chair are actually intended for guests, just as was seen on Admiral Riker's Enterprise-D in 'All Good Things'. I thought it would be fitting as this was meant as another Admiral's ship. So, the total number of stations is 17, not 19 (which I know is still a lot).

I see. Well, that certainly makes a bit more sense. Without knowing where your intended "First Officer" is seated, or if he's in one of the guest chairs. The most sensible of course is that the Captain/Admiral and First Officer should have easy access to information at all times. One detail I rather loved on the Defiant, with Sisko having those consoles flanking his chair.
    I do kinda wish that these were the TNG-style push-into-the-wall chairs... I feel like having all those chairs there keeps any other officer from easily approaching and using the console in case of an emergency. On top of that, empty chairs make the room feel empty if no one's there. A lot of these consoles seem to work fine with one person, and sometimes a second will look over their shoulders.

"push-into-the-wall chairs" was definitely a neat feature of the Galaxy Class. Would love to see it brought back for modern bridges. It's not just that the permanent chairs make the place look rather empty when not occupied. The amount of chairs, makes it look a bit cluttered. And unless those chairs are all bolted down to the deckplate, there's gonna be a lot of flying objects in a crisis situation :)
    Rekkert
    Exactly my thoughts re: the chairs.

And as for the Captain having access to information, I feel like that's part of the original intention of the Ent-A bridge with the two levels of monitors. The bottom row is for the user of the station, the top is for the rest of the bridge crew. The captain can get an overview of what's up at any of those stations just by glancing at it (this is my headcanon for why the same displays are used for top and bottom monitors, and why the top ones are bigger).

With the Galaxy class, the wall stations are more specialized and thus the captain doesn't really need to see them (I also think that those stations have their own departments and offices, like engineering, so those panels are basically overviews and only manned if there's a mission-specific need).
    Rekkert
    edited October 2023 #3704
    I don't know why you're assuming the chairs would be empty, all stations are meant to be crewed at all time, just as on the Enterprise-E and almost all ships we see in Trek. The TNG style chairs made sense as Probert intended for those stations to be empty 90% of the time, that's not the case here.
    I feel like that's part of the original intention of the Ent-A bridge with the two levels of monitors. The bottom row is for the user of the station, the top is for the rest of the bridge crew. The captain can get an overview of what's up at any of those stations just by glancing at it (this is my headcanon for why the same displays are used for top and bottom monitors, and why the top ones are bigger).

Yep, you're spot on with that, the Enterprise-A bridge consoles were designed with the same mentality as the TOS ones, small monitors for the seated officer to see, and larger displays up-top to share information with others. It's worth pointing out that Cerberus, just like the Ent-E, use the exact same console design as the Enterprise-A, so this is retained.

While I'm still musing what to do with Cerberus, I went ahead and updated the Emmett Till bridge to the new format as well. A while back I had swapped the carpet colors on that bridge so that the colors would pop a bit more, and I think I never mentioned it over here, so here's a before and after of that; plus some of the new changes I did this time around, like LCARS falloff, and some material tweaks, and a new dedication plaque mixing in the Enterprise-E and Picard styles, given the ship's timeframe of 2395.

This was the last ship I was planning to bring over to the new format. The remaining personal projects I did are so old at this point and were superseded by other projects that I don't feel like ever updating them. It might change in the future of course, but for now I intend for them to stay where they are indefinitely.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-00.jpg?1678800938
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1680543629
    ashleytingerDoctorShmullusRory1707BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorLizzy777wibbleWarp Propulsion Laboratoryand 3 others.
    Oh, I'm digging the Emmett Till bridge, something that REALLY pops to me is that circular center and the consoles matching that curve, that looks so great. And I love the lights on the steps, it's non-intrusive but feel right, a bit like an airplane.
    Rekkertscifieric
  • Scifigeek1991Scifigeek19914 UKPosts: 3Member
    Loving the Emmett Till bridge. the wide layout, choice of colors and the Federation logo in the center makes it feel like an admirals vessel, or someone high up in the federation.

stunning work as always
    Rekkertscifieric
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Continued to update the renders on my site as time allows and converting the ships to the new format.
    What do you mean by "new format"? I must've missed something along the way in this thread. :confused:

Rekkertscifieric
    edited April 2023 #3708
    @BlueNeumann: Thanks!

@Scifigeek1991: Heh, took me a while to get to like that UFP logo there. It (like the rest of the bridge) is based on the style from the old Star Trek Online interiors.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2023-04-04-17-30-45.jpg?1680640270

@seanr: I changed the style on my website so that you can navigate through each individual ship and see all its interiors at the same page.

Work's been crazy lately, so I haven't have much time to do personal projects, however I have been letting my PC re-render stuff when I'm not using it to take advantage of some further changes I did to my workflow. With Blender 3.5 changing how spotlights work, I made pretty much all light sources at least a bit brighter to address the ever present issue of dark rooms; plus I removed the subtle chromatic aberration I used to put on renders, so they look a bit sharper and with more visible details such as carpet textures or text on displays. To make up for the increased lighting, I added a subtle ambient occlusion pass, so there's a bit more contrast now between brighter and dimmer areas of a set, and more subtle paneling is now easier to read. Oh, and I also increased the LCARS falloff effect, so they look more like backlit panels now.

Really the AO pass is the biggest change here, I should've add them ages ago. It was only after comparing notes with fellow Roddenberry Archive artist and Blender user Falke that I realized what I was missing :joy:

Here's a selection of before/after images (make sure to open them in different tabs to compare), but feel free to go through the site, all 29 interiors on the ships/stations listed on the left menu were updated.

Potemkin shuttlebay: Here's the before render. the Type-15 shuttlepods on the right now have much more prominent detailing, especially at the back hatches, thanks to the AO pass.
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1680640508

Appalachia ready room: Here's the before render. you can see much more finer detail without the chromatic aberration blurring the edges; and the details on the small chair in front of the desk comes across much better now thanks to the AO.
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1680640677

Thunderchild bridge access corridor: Here's the before render. The AO once again helps a lot here to make the panels near the floor a lot more noticeable.
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1680640894
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerscifiericcaveat_imperatorStarCruiserDoctorShmullusLizzy777wibbleAel's
    Those all looked great before, but they look better now. It's amazing what a difference a slight change to the lighting and some AO can make.
    scifiericRory1707Rekkert
    edited April 2023 #3710
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks!

Well, spoilers for Picard's ending if you haven't seen the episodes yet!
    I'm happy to say I was contacted almost two years ago by Dave Blass to help out researching the D bridge, I provided my season 7 version mesh as reference, and my renders were used to help guide the crew during the drafting phase. It's crazy to have been involved, in a very tiny way, to all this. It's also crazy to have had to keep a secret for almost two years hahahah.

Also, at one point a render of the Constellation bridge was gonna be used as background for a photo of young Picard and Crusher, seen in the post-credit scene on Jack's quarters, but it was eventually replaced with an IRL photo of Patrick Steward and Gates McFadden at a gala.
    caveat_imperatorevil_genius_180scifiericRory1707StarCruisermdtaDoctorShmulluswibble
    Thanks for the spoiler tags, because I'm a few episodes behind. I need to finish it, since the episodes are all up now.
    scifieric
    edited April 2023 #3712
    Well, now you get to see what I've been working with at the Roddenberry Archive, alongside @Donny, @scragnog, and a lot of other people!

We've been filming documentaries, creating 3D models you can now walk on, and researching the hell out of Star Trek! You can read all about it and watch the mini-docs here: https://deadline.com/2023/04/star-trek-immersive-virtual-experience-unveiled-by-the-roddenberry-archive-1235333603/
    I make a brief appearence on the TNG mini-doc, it was a pleasure and honor to travel to LA and finally meet Mike and Denise Okuda, Daren Dochterman, Jules, and the rest of the team in person!

And then you can hop on to https://roddenberry.x.io and walk around the various Enterprise bridges, from The Cage to Picard! You might need to wait a bit for the streams to load so you can take control of the camera, and it's currently bugged in Firefox unfortunately. Enjoy and share!

xiaorobearashleytingerlennier1raztovRory1707Lizzy777StarCruiserPreVizrojrenDoctorShmullusand 6 others.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    @Rekkert Truly amazing! Love the realism, right down to how the chosen carpet material and bumpy paint and their texture scaling feels right.
    Rekkert
  • neotridentneotrident64 Posts: 2Member
    Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! What a amazing opportunity and such service to us fans, legend.

Now I must ask, Generations and Nemesis bridges coming soon? I ask hopefully...
    Rekkert
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    @Rekkert I understand if you can't answer this, but do you know if there are any plans to provide other ways to explore these ships and interiors outside of the browser. Something with more fidelity and higher resolutions?
    Rekkert
    edited April 2023 #3716
    This is so amazing (also explains why the Stage 9 walkthrough got shut down ages ago, now that I think about it)
    Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    Rekkert
    edited May 2023 #3717
    @lennier1: Thanks, the whole team did an amazing work ironing out the little details!

@neotrident: Someday, but these things take time...

@mdta: If you mean downloads, that's unlikely, and not up to Otoy. More experiences will come in the future though.

@BlueNeumann: Stage 9? Not at all, both myself and founder @scragnog are now working full time as artists on the Archive, plus Alan Bunese, one of the Stage 9 programmers is part as well. The Archive was started well after the C&D.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That Planet of the Titans bridge concept is beyond awesome.
    Rekkert
  • Admiral156Admiral156180 Posts: 76Member
    Absolutely blown away by the work I have seen coming from The Rodenberry Archive. It is fantastic that you are a part of this!!!
    Rekkert
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Loving the work you guys have done with the Roddenberry Archive. It's been an absolute visual feast, and I'm looking forward to further updates!
    Rekkert
    edited May 2023 #3721
    Expect more updates on the Archive in the future. ;)

I finally had the time and energy to finish my Type-6 shuttle mesh, which was 85% done but hadn't been worked on for months (if not more than a year at this point?). EDIT: OH MY GOD IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS!

All that was missing as far as modeling goes were the RCS thrusters, all the bottom details, the metal grates on the impulse exhausts, and some remaining hull panels. I resisted the urge to add further paneling and stuff like that, and the details are a mix of the full size prop and the studio models, I just picked the details I liked the most of each.

Afterwards, I created two texture sets for it: a TNG one for the Lalo, and a VOY one for the Appalachia. Besides the obvious different markings, the Appalachia shuttle has a slightly darker hull color, and the yellow elements were turned orange as was the case on the Voyager studio model.

Guess I'll have to do the shuttlebays for both ships now. ;)

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1685431725
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1685431731
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1685431736
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1685431746
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1685431756
    lennier1SCE2AuxRory1707ashleytingercaveat_imperatorscifiericevil_genius_180StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777and 4 others.