Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    This!! is off the chart awesome! Two things I hated about the new show was the raiders and the cylon's [centurions] I was ok with the human hybrid thingy...hated the new raider! You have brought justice back to the universe

That razor raider was sick though not as nice as this vintage but...I could see it as a small 2 seat tactical raider
    japetusscifieric
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser363 Posts: 44Member
    The original Raider just looked menacing - looked like trouble coming.

The original Viper looked sleek and agile.

The Battlestar Galactica (and her sisters) looked - yes, like an alligator on water skis but cool none-the-less.

And the Basestar looked a little too much like a YO-YO but, you can't have everything...
    scifieric
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    A rough start at texturing....
    geik3wbilgb8.png
    rojrenevil_genius_180wibbleashleytingerLizzy777StarCruisersrspicerpubliusrmylexscifiericand 1 other.
    Finally finished the texturing, good enough for the little shot that it's in where they are small! 3mgml4zm55be.jpg
    065piy0z9fny.jpg
    3d6m3ybe1yie.jpg
    py5n3rsb4ano.jpg
    StarCruiserwibblerojrenashleytingerSCE2Auxevil_genius_180Lizzy777caveat_imperatorEddieLpubliusrand 3 others.
    Bring on the desolation brother!
    scifieric
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Very cool work on the Cylon Raider! It looks bang-on to me.

There's a guy on YouTube called Rowan J Coleman who's just done a retrospective of the 1978 series, and the footage shown really took me back to when I was a kid watching the show.

The shot of the two Raiders above a planet and then doing a synchronised roll and then dive still looks great to me today.
    scifiericjapetus
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The finished Raider looks great.
    scifieric
  • Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    Boring........and old. Think out of the box....Think out of the box. By the way hello....
    Alan E wrote: »
    Boring........and old. Think out of the box....Think out of the box. By the way hello....

Somehow...Palpatine's returned.
    StarCruiserscifieric
    The original cylons had its fighters, that were cool, the new series, had a cooler fighter...that were awesome....But think out of the box totally. Why don't you, as a fantastic artist...simply create a really cool variant of both.....it's not rocket science....Just create your personal version that you would want to fly.
    Iv'e worked on battlestar for 30 years....
    Iv'e worked on battlestar for 30 years....

I hope this means you'll be updating your own forum thread with new work
    scifieric
    japetus wrote: »

Somehow...Palpatine's returned.[/

Our Visual effects studio actually considers you as a possible employee for your exceptional graphics work and attention to detail, but your attitude made it impossible to approach you and hire you full time. Big Lesson Mate. If you had been nice....You would be in New Zealand at Weta. Working on marvel and The New Battlestar. Big lesson.

Somehow...Palpatine's returned.[/

Our Visual effects studio actually considers you as a possible employee for your exceptional graphics work and attention to detail, but your attitude made it impossible to approach you and hire you full time. Big Lesson Mate. If you had been nice....You would be in New Zealand at Weta. Working on marvel and The New Battlestar. Big lesson.

Are you talking about yourself? Thanks but I've been working full time in vfx and animation for almost 20 years. Maybe you should look in the mirror....
    And what film have you produced in 20 years?
    Does this really need to take place here? An outstanding work has been posted! Measuring of ego's does nothing but discourage the "posted artist" [one whom created this thread and post the 3d images"] from posting here.
    SO disrespectful...seriously were are the mods??
    publiusrxiaorobearscifieric

The only VFX film i had to turn down, was Iron Sky, only because I was in the middle of a divorce. Kelley kat Meyers will confirm that...and no macca's in Finland.
    EBOLII wrote: »
    Does this really need to take place here? An outstanding work has been posted! Measuring of ego's does nothing but discourage the "posted artist" [one whom created this thread and post the 3d images"] from posting here.

You started it 10 years ago my friend.
    EBOLII wrote: »

Yes let's get back on track. Unfortunately I dont have much to post, but I guess I should do the Galactica shuttle and maybe Cylon tanker which seems fun. Been taking a bit of break and doing other things, including some Trek, but nothing worth posting yet on the Trek front.
    scifieric
    Mate..your work is brilliant, i keep pushing you to to explore your options. Sometimes it takes an asshole like me to push your boundaries....and aggravate you and piss you off..to react.
    Cheroeo
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    ...but I guess I should do the Galactica shuttle and maybe Cylon tanker which seems fun. ...

Yes, please.

publiusrscifieric
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    We've had this chat a number of times now and I'm not particularly fond of repeating myself. Good bye Alan. You're taking a break.
    xiaorobearvfxartevil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorscifieric
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Finally finished the texturing, good enough for the little shot that it's in where they are small!

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL work!
    japetus
    edited June 2023 #296
    I'm not gone....just been very busy and learning a lot about explosions in Phoenix....many thanks especially to Daniel Broadway, aka PixelMagic, for sharing his knowledge on doing explosions!

Post edited by japetus on
    rojrenStarCruiserevil_genius_180scifiericSCE2AuxashleytingerNathan Rubricwibblecaveat_imperatorJoeMcMullenand 1 other.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some really nice work.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That's some really nice work.

That is EXACTLY correct!
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    That explosion is sweeeet! B)
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Much better. =)
    After a bit of a break and super busy summer, i'm back and trying to make the shuttle! Bit of a tricky shape, but I think it's coming along now...

k2j1jzrs6tyk.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperatorwibblesrspicer