Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DST III Spacedock Tug

2»

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyy did I say I was going to wrap up the Tug today?
    AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
    (deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath)
    HAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAAHHAHHAAAAAAAA

A friend sent me his 3D scanner to put through its paces and see why he's getting mediocre results, and both it and the scanning spray arrived a couple of hours ago. I will finish the Tug, over the next day or so. Really. No, I will. You bet.

If anyone has any input on getting the most out of a Revopoint Mini, I would love to hear, as I've only got this wee beastie for 6 weeks or so.

(of course I could set this aside until the Tug is done and I am between it and the Merchantman, but I want to get some preliminary thoughts back to him asap, it's a hell of a leap to send something like this along to someone for their use and any insights...)

/D
    scifieric
    Getting those screen accurate colors can be a real pain. Yours look really good.

Thanks e_g,
    It's an area that I spent so much time fussing over at Nike (8000+ materials, a small % of the whole, and an infinite array of colors in the seasonal palettes) that it keeps me from getting to other decisions at times, heh. But it 'feels' in the ballpark (I approx Floquil colors for most of my texture work) and so am moving forward towards wrapping her up. But er, see above, pfft. ;-)

/D
    scifieric
    edited March 2023 #34
    Where she stands pre-sidetracked...

l1mkbtv1su1m.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777scifiericStarCruiserseanrashleytingerMustang13Camaro68wibble
    The fun of acrylic and glass in Octane and Unreal...

p98ic29tcjmr.png
    StarCruiserLizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180Rekkertwibblescifiericmylex
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    AKA, the reality of glass with nothing to reflect. ;)

More like systems that don't make use of real ior and object depth, sigh...
    scifieric
    I've just learned of a software bug that's kept me from getting a few beauty shots out, so this is on hold til I get any info on that. She's 'done' save those images, and a possible variation down the road. Just a few shots out of Painter ;-) Back to the Merchantman.

2fvccvswa72o.jpg

ashleytingerStarCruiserMustang13Camaro68evil_genius_180trekkiwibblescifiericmylexLizzy777publiusr
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice. The crew is missing. Weren't you going to do that too? ;)
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice. The crew is missing. Weren't you going to do that too? ;)

Yeah, going to finish off the second pilot when I get the kit in, and before too long (relatively ;-) ) make the ST IV changes too.

Trek IV ver has been underway, will get to the texture swap soon, but thought I'd have some fun with an 'if you know, you know' post. ;-)

/D

o5jw1dxgiocd.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibble
    edited May 2023 #42
    Quick mat test before getting into the Trek IV ver's internal lighting rig. UE is finicky about a few UVs, so will have to throw some switches.

71wtt4htl78s.jpg
    8j61uyvtgrto.jpg
    vom224u2ve7v.jpg
    Post edited by vfxart on
    SCE2AuxStarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerAdmiral156wibble
    STIV. May change from 'real' light to emissive geo instead with a flicker issue and internal lights misbehaving; only the forward probe light, and side blinkenlights that don't blinken, as the cockpit lights and running light are ok so far. At least, that might be faster. Not into the idea of chasing fireflies in UE. Ain't got time for that ;-)

dhz74qa3cph3.jpg

Admiral156StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibble
    Need some texture adjustments too perhaps.
    vyf7f6pg5b99.jpg

Admiral156StarCruiserMustang13Camaro68evil_genius_180publiusrLizzy777wibble