Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Constitution Reboot Gallery (Model Now Available)

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Here’s an idea:

Have it move towards a Doomsday Machine but with Narada’s “tentacle” arms.
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    as a beginner I have a question regarding how you went about making this 3D model so "tangible". Am I correct to assume that this is what you did to give the same "reach out and touch it" feel to the 3D model of this 1701 Enterprise as I have observed in the 3D model of the Enterprise-D used in the movie "Star Trek Generations"?

1. You turned the sensor grid on the hull into paneling.
    2. You gave the texture of the hull itself a sort of azteching, if that's what you call it. (like what you see on the Enterprise-D and the 1701-A)
    3. Lighting
    4. You added lights that 'light up' the hull similar to what I see what billboards do at night in cities.
    5. You have very sharp contrast to the colors and lighting
    6. You made the lights (navigation lights and blue lighting have a lot of glare) to give the lighting a more organic look, similar to what you observe in LED lights in real life.

Did I miss anything? I hope to make CGI as beautiful as yours someday but I'm going the self taught route. :)

That is pretty much what it is. The number one thing is lighting. For space the light source needs to be very strong, and bounce lighting is essential!
    publiusr wrote: »
    Here’s an idea:

Have it move towards a Doomsday Machine but with Narada’s “tentacle” arms.

I do want to do the Doomsday machine sometime
    GateGirl wrote: »
    @Hunter G , your models are absolutely stunning, in fact since I have been watching Trek (yes sadly I'm a newb to it), I have to say your ships are even better than what I see on the show, especially the very old series. I can only hope my efforts are even 5% of your quality and skill. Thank you so much as well, for inspiring me to do the best I can. :)

I appreciate it! I'm glad people like you are finding inspiration to start making your own stuff.
    scifieric
    Every time I struggle with the Galaxy class modeling, I just render another image of the connie haha. Here's another phone wallpaper:
    znsTN0M.jpg
    And another flyby:

StarCruiserevil_genius_180wibblerojrencaveat_imperatoreagledocf15Lizzy777SCE2Auxtrekkipubliusrand 3 others.
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    edited April 2023 #65
    I hope you will struggle a lot with the Galaxy. ;)
    Post edited by wibble on
    StarCruiserHunter G
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    That Constitution design is excellent. Keep up the great work!
    scifiericHunter G
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Every time I struggle with the Galaxy class modeling, I just render another image of the connie haha. Here's another phone wallpaper:
    znsTN0M.jpg
    And another flyby:

Freakin' gorgeous!
    Rory1707scifiericHunter Galpinemikewolfman
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Best work ever :)
    Rory1707publiusrHunter G
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    I had to do a 200 years challenge with the Artemis photo
    UK8CCeH.jpeg
    kqLf4VB.png

I love the idea of portraying the Enterprise in this light. I was a huge fan of the film Ad Astra, and how that movie shot its space sequences. Not all of Star Trek has to be like that, but it would be cool to see as a one-time thing. This might be the closest I've seen.

scifiericHunter G
  • caveat_imperatorcaveat_imperator7 Posts: 11Member
    zillabeast wrote: »
    I love the idea of portraying the Enterprise in this light. I was a huge fan of the film Ad Astra, and how that movie shot its space sequences. Not all of Star Trek has to be like that, but it would be cool to see as a one-time thing. This might be the closest I've seen.

I think Chris Lea on youtube has a few videos of Trek ships that uses such lighting.
    Hunter G
    edited June 2023 #71
    I started converting the old girl to Octane. Most of the materials are converted, but need to be tweaked. I also have to figure out how to recreate the procedural textures I had on the Blender version (the hull had a slight grunge-like texture).

Q6YerZO.png
    9AT7hUS.png
    cqGq6A9.png
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    Rory1707wibblerojrentrekkiStarCruiserevil_genius_180alpinemikeLizzy777caveat_imperatorStarshipand 2 others.
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    I love this ship!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    A reboot that honors the original better than any other.
    Hunter Gscifieric
  • alpinemikealpinemike5 Posts: 1New Member
    znsTN0M.jpg
    And another flyby:

I like this more than the SNW model. And I like it too. But this is a more perfectly modernized version of the TOS ship.. I just love it.. You got a winner here!
    Hunter Gadjunct37betascifiericseanr
    I appreciate it!

Progress:
    -Got the rest of the lights in
    -Made the blue glowys more deep blue
    -Tweaked the deflector color
    -Found a potential spotlight solution
    GWG4sWE.png
    uek9UT3.png
    rojrenRory1707evil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatoradjunct37betascifiericLizzy777SCE2AuxP5ych0p4thand 3 others.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    looks like you tweaked the bussards a bit too. Looks great!
    scifiericHunter G
    Awesome job my friend!
    scifiericHunter G
    Alright I've gone back to the Blender version to do some tweaking. I've decided it's time to publicly release the model, so of course I have to make some new renders! I'm planning doing some animations to show it off better too, and for that I'll probably be using a renderfarm service to save time.

Here's some to start with:
    y67TJSr.jpg
    Redo of an older image:
    TdBQOMS.jpg

Some TMP style images:
    ADvqMjH.jpg
    DOyKXSQ.jpg

One with 100% self illumination only just for fun
    cuhPZNf.jpg

Here's the model on Sketchfab

It's almost ready, and I'll probably be selling it on Gumroad, since that looks like the easiest way right now. I'm thinking $30 would be a fair price, but I do want to get feedback on that. The download would include any future updates I make (such as a shuttlebay and more registries), but with no promises on any additions since I'm really just wanting to put this one to bed and focus on finishing more models.
    rojrenwibblebacksteptevil_genius_180SCE2AuxStarCruiserRory1707ashleytingerLizzy777wolfmanand 2 others.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's such a fantastic model. I love the blue lighting in that top image.
    Hunter G
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty!
    Hunter G
    edited August 2023 #81
    I can’t wait my friend, $30 is well worth the price for this beautiful starship! 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Hunter G
    edited August 2023 #82
    Alright, she is ready.

Here is the released model

And here's a discount code that will run for 10 days: NOBLOODYABCD

I hope you enjoy!
    x0zp7of6775s.jpg

Post edited by Hunter G on
    rojrencaveat_imperatorRory1707Lizzy777ashleytingerbackstepttrekkievil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleand 3 others.
  • backsteptbackstept2017 Posts: 918Member
    What a fine piece of work!
    Hunter Gscifieric
  • anthscoanthsco349 Raleigh, NCPosts: 71Member
    Beautiful ship!
    Hunter Gscifieric
    The ship is a beauty! Did you model at a different scale, or use different units than the default blender units? I had to scale it up next to my Lexington, but I don't think I got it quite right.

Fantastic work!
    b6kblkadavph.png
    Hunter GwibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180scifiericcaveat_imperatorpubliusr
    backstept wrote: »
    The ship is a beauty! Did you model at a different scale, or use different units than the default blender units? I had to scale it up next to my Lexington, but I don't think I got it quite right.

Fantastic work!
    b6kblkadavph.png
    Oh awesome, the Lexington is looking beautiful! I actually didn't think about scaling in Blender at all haha. I should get it scaled properly and update the file.

Here's an approximate scale with the TOS Enterprise, the egg shaped bridge module should be about the same height as the TOS version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think they wanted to retcon the size in TMP to be bigger, so really my version would probably be about the same size as the refit. Then again Star Trek and proper scaling never really got along so who knows 😄
    kucezlne1nnn.png

Also, did the file have the spotlights? I just want to make sure I didn't accidentally delete them when I uploaded, or if you just disabled them there

Rory1707StarCruiserbacksteptevil_genius_180publiusrscifierictrekkicaveat_imperator
    I'm pretty sure they were in there. I may not have appended everything.
    Hunter Gscifieric
    Yeah, I must have disabled the spotlights or something, or they got misplaced when I re-scaled the model.
    quick render with low samples and too much denoise
    4qk5mnmm7f9d.png
    StarCruiserLizzy777trekkiwolfmanashleytingerwibblecaveat_imperatorHunter Gpubliusr
  • Agent NickAgent Nick332 Posts: 3Member
    My goodness she is gorgeous. Been enjoying watching this project evolve over the last year. Now that the 3D models are out there, fingers crossed someone finds the cash laying around to 3D print some parts of her and have someone like Bill Krause build a physical version. What a beauty!
    Hunter G
    backstept wrote: »
    Yeah, I must have disabled the spotlights or something, or they got misplaced when I re-scaled the model.
    Turns out when you scale a whole assembly of objects, the lights don't scale in power as well. :)
    evil_genius_180Hunter G
    I just updated the file on Gumroad with proper scaling (and fixed the lights), thanks for bringing that up! She ended up being about 400 meters in length.
    backsteptwibble