Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

• wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    The bigger ships would get the glory, but the Portsmouth class was the workhorse of the fleet, keeping the logistics division moving. While the Miranda gained a lot of favor, the Portsmouth's reliability and extreme range without maintenance on standard nacelles of its era kept it active within the fleet for almost 50 years before being turned over to private owners.

Feeling strong Lower Deck vibes here. I bet they have been on a lot second contact missions as well.

ashleytinger
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    wibble wrote: »
    The bigger ships would get the glory, but the Portsmouth class was the workhorse of the fleet, keeping the logistics division moving. While the Miranda gained a lot of favor, the Portsmouth's reliability and extreme range without maintenance on standard nacelles of its era kept it active within the fleet for almost 50 years before being turned over to private owners.

Feeling strong Lower Deck vibes here. I bet they have been on a lot second contact missions as well.

Lower Decks is the more respectable version. These are the blue collar ships doing the dirty jobs you don't give to your big explorer ships. ;)

portsmouth_class__uss_hagerstown__by_ashleytinger_df2j090-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODI3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZjJqMDkwLTA2NTY5ZjAxLTAyNjYtNGM2MS1iYWZlLTY2ZGE1MjQyNWJlYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.bC8IagglHnmTMEy0mB5ZclK0IUIOBJEg4aQxRe7LnwY

Finished up the build of the ship with the registry I'm going to end up using first, the Hagerstown.
    RekkertWarp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleLizzy777Ael'swolfmancaveat_imperatorStarCruiser
    nogura_office___phase_ii_by_ashleytinger_dfjngg1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZmpuZ2cxLTU0MWM1M2FlLTJlN2UtNDNkMy04OGE1LTk1NzA1ZWM3ZDJmNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.GfMLAv8ybo0CkewMC4Z3KcqXPmH4zixq830n0H4MKTc

I've been working on Nogura's Phase II office based off the partly unused blueprints from Phase II. They would re-use elements for the TMP Cargo Bay.

I re-used some of my old furniture from Tiny Trek (I really need to redo it in Blender since it's older Truespace 3 stuff. the flat panel desk monitor too) and then pulled in some office chairs I had laying around in Daz and some of the Alien Botanical sets.  

I did add the giant viewscreen but it's based off the Phase II Briefing Room version just scaled way the hell up along with the backlit lighting behind it. 

The desk model is my take on the Baton Rouge mixing in some Kelvin elements to the original STC design, just gold plated. It's not really meant to be anything more than a desk model as I never intended to use the Baton Rouge in Tiny Trek. The one on his desk is of the Hokkaido, one of his last commands before becoming Admiral.

evil_genius_180StarCruiserRekkertcaveat_imperatorscifiericLizzy777Ael'swibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Very nice. It's a shame we never got to see Nogura or his office in the movie.
    scifieric

Thanks! It would have been a very intense few minutes, that's for sure.
    evil_genius_180

Thanks! It would have been a very intense few minutes, that's for sure.

For sure. I have the book on Phase II and I've read the rough draft of the script in "In Thy Image." If I remember correctly, it's only one scene, but that's why they redress sets rather than doing entirely new ones.
    scifieric
    enemy_bridge___phase_ii_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dfs49zf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZnM0OXpmLTg0MmE4ZjU3LTBkNzItNDA2OC04YmMwLWE1ZmRmMDk4YTU2NS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.KtVhu_Vx6D-yxk4v0F6Mkcs-bcFu1yonuFig1bH7a5c

I started playing with the Blockade Runner model I built a few years ago now to revamp it a little bit and then remembered that the bridge is largely unfinished, so that took priority considering I'll be needing it. Based off the Phase II Klingon bridge designed by Jefferies for what would turn into the Motion Picture. None of this design was used at all. Going to have the control panels be something I can swap out so it can double as a Klingon or Romulan bridge with some color changes and decor. This one is going to be for the Orions obviously. ;)
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorAel's
    enemy_bridge___phase_ii_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_dfsln36-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZnNsbjM2LTY4MzM5OWM2LTAxYWItNDJiNy04MDUzLWIyZGFmZTNmMGIzNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.KmzYSKEwdPYPkEBLERGSHRH0PlGhv1puTpngKld5Fes

More work on the bridge. Console buttons have to be added and screens. Also adding a floor line between the chairs and the consoles as they meet up mechanically. I did do up my own pirate version of the Orion symbol for the wall though. Might put a light above it. Not sure yet. There are three sitting consoles, two off to the side, one for the Captain, and then three standing stations that are more informational than anything else but can be used in a pinch. There is NOT a main viewscreen on this bridge at all. At least not one I could design I didn't hate. And yes, the Captain can take full control of the ship from his seat should he/she so choose. Pirates are paranoid, ;) Colors are obviously not final, just threw something in there so it wasn't just grey.
    evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777Ael's
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Interesting, kinda reminds me of the TOS era equivalent to the Jenolan's bridge, something else that abandoned the circular design in favor of something that has all the necessities in one place.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Interesting, kinda reminds me of the TOS era equivalent to the Jenolan's bridge, something else that abandoned the circular design in favor of something that has all the necessities in one place.

This was only meant to be a partial set for In Thy Image for use as the Klingon Bridge before they decided to turn it into the Motion Picture. I expanded it a little bit, but it's still definitely a partial set.
    Lizzy777
    enemy_bridge___phase_ii_wip_03_by_ashleytinger_dfsuz3o-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjE2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGZzdXozby1lYjkwYWRiZi00NmQ0LTQ2MDAtYmRhZC04OTY1YmM4Y2YxZDAuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.wgy9zg7nLZIBVV4d8h2i3zBpxJD4S95DlbNEOlYxapk

Well the Blender build portion for the enemy Phase II bridge is done. Was never going to go hyper detail on this and I think this works as a 'bridge of the week' for the bad guys to have in Tiny Trek. Next time you see this there'll be crew in it ;)
    evil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorwibbleLizzy777Ael's
    I like it. It's simple but effective. It looks like something they could have done with a TV show budget, as opposed to the grand bridge we got with the much higher movie budget.
  • GateGirlGateGirl111 Richmond, NSW, AustraliaPosts: 58Member
    I'm just simply blown away by the quality of your work. The colours are amazing and the whole package just fits. ! Love it. <3
    Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
    Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
    A dream from which — we pray to wake.
    A dream from which — we wake and go
    I like it. It's simple but effective. It looks like something they could have done with a TV show budget, as opposed to the grand bridge we got with the much higher movie budget.

Thank you! Should fit right in with the slightly enhanced 60s Trek I'm going with =)
    GateGirl wrote: »
    I'm just simply blown away by the quality of your work. The colours are amazing and the whole package just fits. ! Love it. <3

Thank you!

enemy_bridge___phase_ii_by_ashleytinger_dft1bkx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZnQxYmt4LTliNTY1M2E0LTA2ZTEtNGM2ZS05NWM0LWY0Zjk5ODIwMTBiNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.EB4q7w90wzqKKpFEi3A1BwVfveV103bhyGL6Jon3J5g

The import into DAZ was mostly smooth. DAZ lighting and rendering works a bit differently than Blender but I think I got close enough to that look I had gotten with Blender.

The Orion outfits were done by Mylochka over at sharecg. Definitely ready for their debut in Tiny Trek when I get to them!
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorAel's

Thank you! Should fit right in with the slightly enhanced 60s Trek I'm going with =)

Indeed, it does. I watched Balance of Terror earlier (easily one of my top 5 all time greatest Star Trek episodes) and the aesthetic you've got reminds me a lot of the Romulan bridge from that episode.
    Nice Work. Can't wait for it's Tiny Trek debut. And judging by the slightly bored facial expressions the Orion Crew can't await it either. ;)
  • caveat_imperatorcaveat_imperator7 Posts: 11Member
    I wish modern Trek would have more of the colored lighting in the background.

Indeed, it does. I watched Balance of Terror earlier (easily one of my top 5 all time greatest Star Trek episodes) and the aesthetic you've got reminds me a lot of the Romulan bridge from that episode.

Yes! *fistpump*
    Nice Work. Can't wait for it's Tiny Trek debut. And judging by the slightly bored facial expressions the Orion Crew can't await it either. ;)

Much like sitting in orbit, sitting in a nebula doing nothing isn't very exciting either ;)
    I wish modern Trek would have more of the colored lighting in the background.

Most of my Aries sets just use white lighting, I'm ashamed to say. I might have to do something fun with some of the crew quarters. I really got to play with this one as I wanted that off and slightly trippy look to it.

edited December 2023 #470
    tng_era_type_6_shuttle_wip_by_ashleytinger_dglc1fj-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQ1IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZ2xjMWZqLTEyZTY2MWZmLWUyMDItNGQ4Zi1hMDk0LTM0ZWRlN2NkYWJiYi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.8dZ2Jkh9l05Gq4BocninNj9xlnS40g0l_N5ImqBNldk

Have a bunch of ideas for a TNG era set of stories but I'm missing a few key pieces including a shuttle, so I'm building out a few and I plan on releasing a set when I'm done building them in Blender and DAZ formats.

The shuttlebay set is from RedGeneral for Sketchup converted to DAZ.

Post edited by ashleytinger on
    Starriggerevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibbleWarp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperatorRekkert
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Hey AshleyTinger

Have a bunch of ideas for a TNG era set of stories but I'm missing a few key pieces including a shuttle, so I'm building out a few and I plan on releasing a set when I'm done building them in Blender and DAZ formats.

What is your workflow for the Sketchup to Daz conversion? I finally found a reliable Sketchup to Blender Blender plugin.

Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Starrigger wrote: »
    Hey AshleyTinger

What is your workflow for the Sketchup to Daz conversion? I finally found a reliable Sketchup to Blender Blender plugin.

I use Blender for all my modeling now, so Sketchup import into Blender, then export after cleanup as an OBJ for import into DAZ.
    Nice work on the shuttles. Looks like an older ship with that registry.
    ashleytinger
    edited December 2023 #474
    Nice work on the shuttles. Looks like an older ship with that registry.

Thanks! Rekkert gave me some great reference points for the internals and I used his orthos to build my exteriors. Yeah they're going to be assigned to an older Ambassador class. I need to build out either the saucer hangar for it (I did do a test layout for it) or the secondary hull which is a variation of the Connie anyway.

Here's another shot of the regular type 6 not the extended version

tng_era_type_6_shuttle_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_dglcl0q-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQ1IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZ2xjbDBxLTA1ZmFjYjk0LTVjMjYtNDI3Zi05NjQwLTMzYzMwY2Y5Y2NhNi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.qU9XAqBqfmQbaSKSTNJKGv-KB7C8rCL3yN9vdlYuGjU

That's all modeled detail. No textures.
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180StarriggerLizzy777wibbleWarp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperatorRekkert

That's the best way to go. I like your glass material.

That's the best way to go. I like your glass material.

Much easier to get it working right in DAZ than it is in Blender. Still learning that material setup there. Just slightly off from the way DAZ does it.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    One of my favourite shuttlecraft. You've done an awesome job.
    aurora_bridge___bridge_wip_by_ashleytinger_dgra5t0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTM5NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGdyYTV0MC1jMzU0MzJjOS0zNDM2LTRlNWYtOTg5OS04MzllMWZlYTQzNzUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.8Whv_oRzErKxkfqfMPFqkvDJkYd-TajS-0OdENl2ZA8

So I've been working on this for the last few weeks or so. I decided I wanted a more 'show' and 'film' accurate bridge set since I was already building corridors that would fit better, so I took the original layout of the bridge set I was going to use, took it back to the Lost era and have been building it out from there.

This ship would have started out as a standard Ambassador class and sometime in the last decade it received a complete overhaul and refit to better compete with the Galaxy class. Obviously not all the Ambassador's would get this. Anyway, some of the Galaxy class creeps into the bridge, but there's some older school details as well. I pulled from the TNG bridge blueprints, the Battle Bridge concept which would end up being used at the bridge of the Enterprise C anyway, and from my imagination a bit. I still need to move over my doors from the corridor sets I'm working on, finish out the LCARS for the two viewscreen displays, Science, Engineering, Master Situation, and propulsion. Tactical, Ops, Conn, Communications and Mission Ops are more or less done.

I have a more or less complete Forward Conference Room to show off and I need to finish the Ready Room that connects to the bridge and the Conference Room.

aurora_bridge___conf_room_wip_by_ashleytinger_dgra6zx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTM5NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGdyYTZ6eC00YmYyODVjZC1jMzA1LTRlZDItODY0ZS02ZTliOTU4YzljMzYucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.471nQ4VGtBhOtikeg3w5Am49U1YHE9M-Bv3SbNcbuQg

I pulled in some old school Starfleet emblems for the wall, some art, the more barebones outer wall from the earlier TNG seasons, and some really throwback chairs for the conference room table. I do need to swap out the doors for the ones I used in the corridor, but this set is pretty much done compared to the detailing I need on the bridge.

One door heads onto the bridge, the other to the Captain's Ready Room, the Ready Room what doesn't even have all its walls yet.

I'm planning on finishing up the bridge at least and then going back to the shuttles and putting some finishing touches on the Aurora's shuttle fleet.

RekkertLizzy777wibbleStarCruisercool65caveat_imperator
    Stunningly beautiful. Of course I have to ask now: is there a Lost era Comic in the making?
    ashleytinger
    Stunningly beautiful. Of course I have to ask now: is there a Lost era Comic in the making?

I'm writing it. It's technically right between season 2 and 3 of TNG, (starting anyway, I don't know that I can do two ongoing at the same time so this might be 'feature film' length comics every other year or something - do have ideas for a bunch of missions though) so not quite lost era, but the ship is DEFINITELY a holdover from the lost era that's gotten that refit and refurb within the last decade or so to bring her far more in line.

Probably the only reason I even built this one out was that I just got far too annoyed with the issues of the other bridge I was planning on using. lol On the other bridge the turbolift was was over-sized, the doors to the lifts were the size of the TNG Transporter room doors so they were double-wide, the rear sitdown stations had no pull out chairs making them standing only which I was kind of ok with, but the chairs that were there made the characters look like they were little kids playing dress up. No way to just resize the chairs either. So I took the Probert Battle Bridge concept, the TNG blueprints, and pulled out the Connie bridge I'd built a few years ago now and went to town. =)
    wibble
    I apparently got my wires crossed at some point over the ship's registry. LOL it should be what was on the shuttles, 26458, which means I need to put that in my damned spreadsheet lol