Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Looking for: ReferenceNext reference hunt- Trek III Merchantman (aka a lot of ships in the tv shows too)

vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
edited March 2023 in Looking for... #1
I don't know where the original ended up after 2006, but it's semi-irrelevant given the butchering that took place to it prior. But, some detail should still be intact and readable if anyone knows?
I've got about 10 of the kits that contribute, but there are some second read forms that need to be nailed/sussed out as I go.
I have 15-20 somewhat useful images (which is why I have ten kits for it to this point) , was wondering if anyone took more while it was on display, or at other times? Especially of the mid-section underside, and closer to the top along the spine.

Don't bother with blueprints, none are even close to correct.

Thanks.
Post edited by vfxart on
Tagged:

• count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    uspefbvcs0cs.png
    odwcsy04przc.png
    vfxart
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    Thanks for that ! oh I wish that top set weren't so small... a couple of decent angles and good lighting on a couple of original pieces.
    These are the areas that I have the most questions about
    dno4a5czp7yf.jpg

• count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    vfxart wrote: »
    Thanks for that ! oh I wish that top set weren't so small... a couple of decent angles and good lighting on a couple of original pieces.

Yea, unfortunately they were scanned from a photo negative roll that Mojo had. They were part of an unused photo set that were taken for the Star Trek Mechanics Magazine. I dont think you'll ever get anything higher res for those.
    vfxart
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Given my history with him, I won't be asking any time soon, heh. Thanks for that! Still got fingers crossed.
    I've sorted about 50 parts, all over the ship, and am currently using them to nail down dimensions, but in a day or so I'll tackle the underside and wrap more of the model up. Before then, the wild goose chase continues... any thoughts on the drop tank and the bits just showing from under the pipework?
    I've more to hunt for, but trying to get the second layer before the third, and some of the main ones are still 'could be a dozen things' ;-)

0eysovbjkpoy.jpg

evil_genius_180
    Found the piece in the lower left circle. Worst game of Tetris ever ;-)