Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars Gladiator Star Destroyer environment/animation

124»

• xiaorobearxiaorobear682 Posts: 171Member
    TIE Shuttle done, on to the next. I duplicated and stretched around the regular cockpit interior to make the passenger section interior, so that I didn't have to make any new textures for it. Just needed to provide some depth/occasional light, the slit window is too narrow to make out much.

4ja8168iyc4e.png

65oe448pauc5.png

iamtwv76caph.png
    StarCruiserwibbleLizzy777srspicer
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Looking really good. Also like the filming miniature shot.
    xiaorobearevil_genius_180
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks great. Does it have the same lack of shields and hyperdrive of most TIEs? Or is it slightly better since it carries passengers?
    Looks great. Does it have the same lack of shields and hyperdrive of most TIEs? Or is it slightly better since it carries passengers?

Mayyybe shields, yeah. I think it's reasonable to think it could have shields and life support, since it carries officers. I'd say no hyperdrive though, and no weapons, just meant for flying between imperial stuff and being able to dock in the same facilities that could facilitate TIE fighters. I think if you're making an interstellar or planetary trip you'd take a lambda shuttle, which would have better shielding, weapons, good hyperdrive, and more spacious accommodations.

In other imperial news, you may remember many months ago I posted a WIP stormtrooper in a hallway. I've just recently returned to the helmet, and I'm close to finishing it, as a nice subd model (I'll also bake down a super low poly version). I still have to fix some non-ideal topology in these areas that are causing some bad smoothing, and to finish some other areas like the chin stuff, but, almost done.

0mf6sw58sjjl.png

It's mostly based on the look of the ANH stunt helmets, but kind of symmetrized and idealized, and eyeballed, not 1000% accurate. But I think it will feel more like ANH than the scanned RotJ helmets that were used in Battlefront, or the Rogue One helmets whose details are a little sharp/techy for my tastes. They made things look like separate pieces in a way that looks more technologically functional, but I kinda prefer the old look just because it's a classic.

z7a4i0zxrpq9.png
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleLizzy777PreViz
    Not thread necro because it's my own thread B) - haven't had the best end to my 2023, but in 2024 I will finish the gladiator star destroyer and it will look good!

4uu0inedcpmf.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiserashleytingerwibblesrspicerPreViz
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's good to see you back and back at it. That's some nice greebleage.
    xiaorobear
    Thanks! I'm feeling much better about it than my older, lower poly attempts. Some more progress:

o9ldscnqkfeb.png

StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180wibblesrspicerPreViz
    Turrets!
    oetvht99354f.png
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180Mustang13Camaro68wibbleStarCruisersrspicerPreViz
    Started on the side trenches- with the TIE shuttle in there for scale.

bx19k34l6k8a.png
    StarCruiserwibbleevil_genius_180srspicerLizzy777ashleytingerPreViz
    That looks really good. Also: its great to see you are back. I was almost afraid you had given up on this project. But than again I am no stranger to extensive brakes myself. Sorry to here about your bitter end of 2023. Hope 2024 will work out better for you.
    xiaorobearpubliusr
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Lots of hard work here, congrats!!
    xiaorobear
    edited January 7 #103
    Thanks all, much appreciated!

I remade one of the turrets from Moff Gideon's light cruiser at the correct scale and put it in the front mandible (back a year+ ago when I was first planning it I was thinking they could be the main hull turrets, but Gideon's ship is too much smaller for that, so now I'm 90% just taking inspiration from the ISDs now for detailing). Has a nice field of view and I figured it could turn inward to threaten to fire on any ships they are tractor beaming into the hangar.

1skqf6cws9mm.png
    75zm75tf95pm.png
    9rdwsc55rnj4.png

Post edited by xiaorobear on
    publiusrevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibbleashleytingersrspicerPreViz
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    edited January 7 #104
    I can almost imagine that the rest of a Planet of the Titans Enterprise missing saucer and nacelles ;)
    Post edited by publiusr on
    edited March 3 #105
    Took a detour to upres the formerly low-ish detail AT-ST I started earlier in this thread into a hero asset- almost done. Not planning to feature it super heavily in the gladiator animations but I'll maybe share or sell the model.

itqav0czt0mo.png
    80fi1c2vs3on.png

wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777ashleytingersrspicerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryPreViz
    Just wow!
    xiaorobear
    edited March 9 #107
    TY!

Allllllmost done.... I think I'm going to end up landing around 80-85% accuracy, it's hard to get everything right. But I care more about it having the right look and feel and having it finished now.

h1z4zu0d3cnt.png
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777ashleytingerStarCruiserwibblepubliusrPreViz
    xiaorobear wrote: »
    It's hard to get everything right. But I care more about it having the right look and feel.

I would say you are on a good way to achieve that. ;)

xiaorobear
    edited March 13 #109
    zifuch0i9ch9.png
    8j76faadboje.png

vqp0cjrfbxqy.png

alllllmost done with the at-st
    StarCruiserLizzy777wibbleashleytinger
    Got that low poly trooper body I started 2 years ago done, ready to serve as scale reference. Right now it's just manually 'posed,' not rigged. For the future animation I will need to rig it.

yodrqtpb6lnd.png

The helmet on the left is inspired by the janky off-model simplified stormtroopers from the '80s Droids cartoon, where the Gladiator-class originated.
    ashleytingerwibbleStarCruiserLizzy777
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Janky? Off-Model? Animation this is!
    xiaorobearStarCruiser
    Allllmost done with the AT-ST

59sz8nfoe28c.png
    Lizzy777StarCruiserwibble