Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCheyenne class variant

StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
The conversion process from Maya to 3dsmax begun in 2011: https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/77527/converting-from-maya-to-max#latest
Yeah.... It´s dammed slow, I know. It´s cause I don´t play with 3dsmax often. RL and family takes precedence, and the lack of inspiration and lazyness keep pushing me to do other things.
But know I think it´s close to an end. Finally, all the geometry is corrected and alligned. Fake windows interiors and arboretum are now in place, as almost all the insignias are in place too. I still need to figure better settings for the materials and put the light rig in place. After that, release it.
(the original was built by Kenneth Leishman in Maya).
gfpwmsadgsyt.jpg
5a8zvu76qcyo.jpg
ccp17rd9qbpd.jpg
nfik76vavowa.jpg
3cqgd2jqlwly.jpg
5hf1h1zxde2d.jpg
4ixdkizgbaqv.jpg
ojqwcjckv7d2.jpg
ythfgasxl3s1.jpg
wibbleashleytingerJESBolianAdmiralRekkertevil_genius_180StarCruiserraztovLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68and 1 other.
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks great. Ugh, conversions. Those can sometimes be more of a nightmare than building a model.
    Starship
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    it's funny, that picture where you hide the top nacelles, almost looks like a class of it's own too. especially with the secondary hull.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    I love this version of the Cheyenne class. She looks so rugged and heavily armed, especially with that ventral main deflector. And FOUR torpedo tubes!!!

She looks like she's loaded for bear to take on Dominion cruisers!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    That’s an interesting take on the Cheyenne. The addition of the deflector dish makes the lower side remind me of the TNG version of the Polaris.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    Please do a complete orthographic view
    publiusr
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Love that saucer
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks like I´m close to finish it... Tweaking materials and doing the last adjustments in the mesh, while "cleaning" the file.
    nn8mb6476zc4.jpg
    rvn163cxt8p4.jpg
    s1va9etb2qfz.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserpubliusrLizzy777SCE2AuxrojrenashleytingerBolianAdmiral
    edited July 2023 #9
    Update...
    A lot of non-noticiable small tweaks here and there. I did small geometry corrections, welded vertices and solved to change a bit the nacele caps and deflector shape and colors.

vttcwq8e2so2.jpg
    qv6udoqpxpnx.jpg
    a84d9qdrr0w9.jpg
    tadhmt3tdpnv.jpg
    Post edited by Starship on
    PheylanStarCruiserevil_genius_180ashleytingerSCE2AuxLizzy777BolianAdmiral
    Everytime I load the file, I find something that can be improved...
    I need to stop this and let her go. So I´ll just add some lights and release it in the next days.

fm8m1t28prp5.jpg
    hvrbafem8q88.jpg
    ibwxi37w3o4r.jpg
    8bkim704sst6.jpg
    cv3gon3av5s2.jpg

BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruiserMustang13Camaro68publiusr