Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Anyone heard from xfozzboute lately

rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
Have missed the works from a talented 3D artist whose handle was or is XFOZZBOUTE. Has he been posting lately, under a new name, or has anyone heard from him lately?
scifiericevil_genius_180JES

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    rwking wrote: »
    Have missed the works from a talented 3D artist whose handle was or is XFOZZBOUTE. Has he been posting lately, under a new name, or has anyone heard from him lately?

XFozzboute stopped posting a couple of years ago. I haven't seen him on any site, nor on Facebook in years. I'm afraid he may be gone. The last thing I saw him put up was on Alt-Trek two years ago.

Honestly, I hope he is okay. I miss him.
    evil_genius_180JES
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I also fondly remember him and hope he's OK. Hopefully his health didn't take a turn for the worse. He survived cancer several years ago. I hope he didn't have a relapse.
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    The last time he posted something was two years ago. I just checked his DevArt page. It's still up.

Normally, I'd say that no news is good news, but in the case of a cancer survivor, now I'm worried too. He's not the only one who's disappeared. I was wondering what happened to Evil_Genuis_180 a while back (he's back, obviously), and MadeinJapan1988 along with all of his stuff disappeared a while back with practically no warning.

Hopefully, it's just a combination of life and burnout, although I get not liking the fact that we seem to have no way of getting in touch with him to find out.
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Maybe there could be a Memorial thread listing those that have passed?
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    rojren wrote: »
    Maybe there could be a Memorial thread listing those that have passed?

I've added memorial badges to the profiles I've been able to verify myself, but I'm a little reluctant to make a comprehensive list for privacy reasons.
    Aresius
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I'll have to put instructions in my funeral stuff to leave a final message to my WIP thread. I'll need to make up some stuff worth reading.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    edited January 2023 #8
    His name is Rob Willson, you can find him here: Maybe you can get in touch through twitter.

Post edited by Hundred on
    scifieric
    Wow his last FB post is pretty grim, I hope He's okay. https://www.facebook.com/rob.willson.75/
    scifieric
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Have you actually really looked on his FB-page?
    Just a few posts after the latest birthday-wishes, I saw a post from 8 February 2021, by a friend of his called Tim Crane.
    "For those of you that don't know, my dear friend, songwriter, and Shaman extraordinaire has passed away. Rob was one of a kind and will be sorely missed."
    No I glanced at the March 3, 2020 post, I didn't look at the rest.
    scifieric
    Apparently Deg3D knew him, he's in his friend's list.
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Have you actually really looked on his FB-page?
    Just a few posts after the latest birthday-wishes, I saw a post from 8 February 2021, by a friend of his called Tim Crane.
    "For those of you that don't know, my dear friend, songwriter, and Shaman extraordinaire has passed away. Rob was one of a kind and will be sorely missed."

I don't do Facebook, so thank you for posting this. While it's sad news, it's still important to know what happened to our friend Xfozzboute, AKA Rob Wilson. I was afraid this was the case, as it was never like him to simply vanish for a large amount of time from the CGI community. Even when he was battling cancer years ago, he still posted updates on that and his work. I agree that he was one of a kind and will definitely be missed.
    AresiusMadKoiFishwolfmanscifieric
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Our friend Rob will be missed. I for one truly enjoyed looking at his work. You always found some detail that you overlooked the first time.
    scifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Thank you for confirming this. I'd been wondering for a long time. He'll be missed.
    scifieric
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Aye, I always loved seeing his work here. He was extraordinarily talented.
    scifieric
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    He was weird and talented. RIP.
    scifieric
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited July 2023 #18
    Just to advise you all: there is a person who used Rob best known photo and created a fake profile on FB. He is sending friend requests and trying to catch your money. Be carefull.
    Here, a print where I made a convesation till to prove he is a fake.

cmmqojuayeue.png
    Post edited by Starship on
    scifieric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Such a world we live in. . . . . . .
    scifieric
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I thought he was probably gone. I'm really quite sorry to find out that it is true.