Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. Outerprise

Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
edited December 2022 in Finished Work #1
s5ceetrwx27d.jpg

I'm 36 years old now, but when I was around 6-8 years old I have a very fond memory of my Dad going to Hobby Lobby, and purchasing several boxes of this specific model kit. At first, building them, painting them, etc was a thing we did to spend time together but after a while, I discovered what an exacto knife was and then I started using that knife to start cutting these models into pieces in an attempt to design my own starship. My dad caught onto what I was doing and got involved and by the time we finished, we created our own custom starfleet ship that we jokingly called the USS Outerprise.

Today, for the first time since I was 8 years old, got to build it AGAIN, but this time on Blender! This brought back a lot of really good memories.

kf66yx7r0ej9.png
dcwaigmush28.png
qhopcx0u7d1r.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
evil_genius_180StarCruiserTallguyLizzy777BolianAdmiralStarshipVolumetrics
Tagged:

• Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
    This is a more developed version I made since I can do things in blender that I can't do with an exacto knife and super glue lol

d3ze8c843szx.png
    8ftc9q3kgra1.png
    wl419i9lhs8p.png
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777BolianAdmiralpubliusrStarshipVolumetricssrspicer
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    looks like it could be a sister ship to the TOS-Era stargazer from the newest season of Picard.

Nice.

Are you going to Jazz it up now that you've finished scifieric's enterprise?
    Paul Moechner
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
    count23 wrote: »
    looks like it could be a sister ship to the TOS-Era stargazer from the newest season of Picard.

Nice.

Are you going to Jazz it up now that you've finished scifieric's enterprise?

yeah, sort of. I got two art projects I'm working on at the moment.

1. I'm currently studying scifieric's animation tutorials along with some volumetric cloud tutorials and some misc animation tutoring I'm getting from fellow members of the AsteronX team I'm a part of because I'm trying to develop the remaining skills/knowledge I need to create my own fan version of the 1960's star trek intro. This is all because of skills I'm trying to develop that I'll be using to design real starships in the future at AsteronX.

2. I am also creating the script for a future AsteronX youtube video and will be doing the modeling/animations for this future AsteronX video that will be titled something along the lines of "USS Enterprise VS Physics", where I'll be applying real world known physics and real world known theoretical physics to the TOS Enterprise to see what happens. Half that video will be explaining how the ship functions according to cannon, and the second half of the video will be spent slowing modifying the Enterprise to conform to real world physics. AsteronX is basically a start up space project that is doing R&D into FTL propulsion theory and hopefully one day physically building stuff. So naturally, we are doing a lot of research on what's already been done in real life in regards to FTL propulsion R&D. Turns out Alcubierre isn't the only scientist to publish a paper on warp drive theory. You also have Dr. Sonny White who use to work for NASA, you have Dr. Froning and Dr. Musha who has published papers/books/etc. If Dr. Musha's theories on his tachyonic jump drive turn out to be correct, we will have a way to travel to other galaxies as quickly as we could travel to other solar systems with that same drive of his.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice design, it would be interesting to see how your model turned out back when you were a kid. I tried kitbashing a ship from an Enterprise-C model kit back in the '90s. It didn't go well. :lol:
    Paul Moechner
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I just love the story behind this.
    Paul Moechner
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That 3-ship BoP has the widest proportional wingspan and the smallest nacelles.

I hope Shaw draws all the variations one day.