Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Nicely done my friend!🖖🏾
    scifiericRekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! It's all just random numbers of course. :joy:

Naturally. That's all they ever were. Then the LCARS button labels were nonsensical too. That's why you see stuff like someone hitting a button labeled "Mode" to fire. :joy:
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Worked on this a bit more when time allowed, mostly back in December but as I wasn't entirely happy with stuff I didn't update here. I've added some further detail to the curved corridor walls, making the shape of the silver handrails a bit more interesting, and adding texture to the carpets. I've also added a cylindrical corner piece on the columns when the corridors intersect, to avoid having a big empty space there.

Other than greebling up the empty walls opposite the Jefferies tube access (third image) I think I'm done with the corridor, unless I'm forgetting something or someone has any suggestion.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-10b.jpg?1673668273
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-11d.jpg?1673668268
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-15.jpg?1673669272
    BolianAdmiralRory1707DoctorShmullusLizzy777StarCruiserevil_genius_180wibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryscifiericAel's
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Beautiful. I love the color palette of this set.
    Rekkertscifieric
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Beautiful. I love the color palette of this set.

It feels like the perfect fit between Voyager's and the Enterprise E's interior design. And could easily lead on to the Stargazer corridors from ST Picard season 2.
    Rekkertscifieric
    edited January 2023 #3637
    I love it. The design and color scheme is perfect!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Rekkert
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looks amazing. Almost feel as though I could walk through it.
    Rekkert
    edited January 2023 #3639
    Thanks for the comments, glad you're liking the progress!

Logically I say I'm almost done with a design and then immediately proceed to change it hahaha. Like I said before there was something about this corridor that never quite clicked with me, and those horizontal fabric panels were the key, I decided to remove the vertical metal bars breaking them up and to mirror their design on the smaller corridor, as well as on the new connecting corner piece.

I think the design is more cohesive now, thoughts?

tadeo-d-oria-c0-16.jpg?1673721844
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-11e.jpg?1673721856
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777StarCruiserevil_genius_180ashleytingerwibblecaveat_imperatorRory1707DoctorShmullusAel's
    I understand WHY you altered the shape of the handrails… for visual interest, but I just can’t help thinking why… I mean, your hand naturally wants to grip and follow a straight handrail, so a straight rail is more logical. Like I said, I understand why you did it visually… but to the eye, it looks awkward for actual use… IMO. ASI said… I love this set… the colors, the design… beautiful work.
    Rekkert
    Fantastic work, as always. You can tell from the amount of detail in the Enterprise E corridors that the ship was designed inside and out to dazzle on the big screen and later on HD televisions.
    Rekkertscifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Yeah I like the solid look better. Very very nice
    Rekkert
    @BolianAdmiral: Seeing the way most Trek corridors are designed, IMO the handrails aren't really there for you to follow it along, more to have something to grab in the event of a hit or the CO calling the crew to brace for impact. The handrails on the Enterprise-E or NX-01 corridors would have the same problem, for example.

@evil_genius_180: Yeah, though there's still some leftover from the TV sets with walls that are suspiciously empty, especially noticeable on the residential corridors from Insurrection, which are redressed elements from the Voyager sets.

@ashleytinger: Thanks!

I went back and forth on whether to have the large LCARS display I mentioned before on one of the corridor segments. I just didn't like the way it looked with the previous version of the design, but now with the revised fabric elements I think it works a lot better. I based the actual LCARS display on this wall panel from Insurrection, though it's actually quite a lot smaller on the Yeager, and I envision it as an interactive general map of the ship.

As for the remaining empty walls opposite the Jefferies tube access, I also took some inspiration from Insurrection there, as I used these awkward teal frames as a starting point, but by reusing elements from other Yeager rooms I tried to make them look more like they belong in the design than they did on the Enterprise-E.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-18.jpg?1673843449
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-17.jpg?1673833055
    BolianAdmiralashleytingertrekkiRory1707StarCruiserDoctorShmullusevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibbleAel's
    I always liked this LCARS panel in the Voyager corridors…

y0yttl1xn9ci.png
    Rory1707Rekkert
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member

You could even make the padding colors different based on the section of the ship if you wanted, sort of like how TMP used that red-orange padding on the corridors where the officers' quarters were. :)

Definitely think the area around that wide door in the last render could use some work. Those two rectangular things don't do it for me, but I think some kind of paneling similar to the Voyager set BoleanAdmiral posted would work (perhaps a different pattern to line up with the parts in the other corridor segments), and maybe even a jeffries tube access panel on one side or something.

All in all, looking very good as always.
    BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusRekkert
    @BolianAdmiral: Seeing the way most Trek corridors are designed, IMO the handrails aren't really there for you to follow it along, more to have something to grab in the event of a hit or the CO calling the crew to brace for impact. The handrails on the Enterprise-E or NX-01 corridors would have the same problem, for example.

The "Oh s***" handles. :lol: With as many times as they showed crowded corridors with crew members bouncing around when the ship was attacked in TOS, I'll bet they'd have loved those handles.
    Rekkertscifieric
    @BolianAdmiral: I like that LCARS there too, I intend to use it on other corridors such as the Appalachia's when I tackle those. ;)

@seanr: Indeed! I played with different padding colors to think what different areas of the ship could look like, or to quickly redress the corridor for another ship. :) Agree regarding the area around the door needing more work, as you'll see below. I didn't add a Jefferies access hatch because there's already one right across from the door.

@evil_genius_180: Hahaha, totally. :joy:

Added some subtle paneling around the frames at each side of the door, with the exact same style as the panels around the door at the end of the corridor, to keep it consistent; I really didn't want to overdo it, I feel like the rest of the corridor is already close to being overdesigned.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-17a.jpg?1673926172
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-19.jpg?1673926165
    Rory1707PreVizevil_genius_180ashleytingerDoctorShmullusStarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorBolianAdmiralwibbleand 1 other.
    I think you nailed my friend. Great job as usual! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Thanks Rory!

Here are a ton of renders of the finished corridor. I might still do a red alert version, but at this point I'm a bit burned out of this set, been staring at it for too long hahaha.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1674160528
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1674160505
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1674160498
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1674160493
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1674160487
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1674160478
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1674160472
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1674160463
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1674160457
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1674160448
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1674160443
    tadeo-d-oria-c12-01.jpg?1674160435
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-yeager-corridor-cutaway.jpg?1674160428
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralashleytingerdarkthunderStarCruiserevil_genius_180caveat_imperatorwibbleDoctorShmullusWarp Propulsion Laboratoryand 3 others.
    Beautiful work!
    Rekkert
    edited January 2023 #3651
    Nicely done and very beautiful renders. Your attention to detail, as usual, is top notch! 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Rekkert
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh, that IS a tiny ship. Which makes me appreciate the wide corridors all the more, you don't want to feel crammed in.
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Oh, that IS a tiny ship. Which makes me appreciate the wide corridors all the more, you don't want to feel crammed in.
    When you think about it, it makes sense. When shit hits the fan, you don't want people to get slowed down because they keep bumping into each other.
    Rekkert
    Over the weekend I started a short project to create a transporter room for the USS Victory. While the ship is very much "Enterprise-B era", I want to approach this room as a little experiment on what the TUC art department could've created if they'd had more budget and time to redress the TNG transporter set for the Enterprise-A. As such I'm using the TNG set as a starting point and moving things from there towards the TWoK-era set, completely ignoring the Enterprise-A transporter rooms shown in TFF and TUC.

To that end, I'm doing stuff like covering the vertical lights at each side of the transporter platform with metal grates; changing the trapezoidal step into the platform to a metal crescent-shaped one reminiscent of TOS; replacing the TNG back-lit panels behind the transporter to ones with a hexagonal pattern, to kinda showcase an in-between stage from TWoK to TNG; and other stuff like that.

These are very WIP with only a few hours of work, everything's still subject to change. I still have to add paneling all over, a side door into a staging area (like in TMP), stickers and okudagrams, etc. I might flat out change the transporter platform itself as well, I had a few concepts but none worked as I would've liked. Also, I might get rid of the little bench, not sure if I like it yet. lol

As you can see on the last two images, I tested a few different variations on the console and the structure surrounding it. I also tested an 'H' shaped floor platform, very much like the one used on the refit Enterprise, which could've been built and placed on top of the TNG set floor to better mirror the movies set. But I thought this was too much of a regression in the end.

Comments and suggestions very much appreciated.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1676368091
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1676368085
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1676368073
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2023-02-14-06-44-04.jpg?1676368068
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2023-02-14-06-45-03.jpg?1676368060
    Lizzy777ashleytingerwibbleBolianAdmiralStarCruiserWarp Propulsion LaboratoryDoctorShmullusevil_genius_180Rory1707caveat_imperatorand 2 others.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    If you go with the raised flooring covering the 'circuitry' are you going to have the piping run through there like TMP or just be covered? The uncovered looks pretty good, but the callback would be nice too.
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    edited February 2023 #3656
    Love the modular approach, you can pump out pretty much any time frame, from freshly upgraded ships during TMP to Lost Era ships and movie era relics still used as third-tier ships in the Dominion War.
    Post edited by lennier1 on
    Rekkert
    I’m really loving that transporter room…
    Rekkert
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    Since you're using Octane, what's your material like for your control panels and wall panels? Glass sheet over panel with graphics? Or is there another layer?
    I find for my work I like the look of an offset light source, geo or light, behind an appropriately built glass or plastic sheet the best. But that tends to work for rcs, running lights, that sort of thing... no IES involved there either.
    Rekkert
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is spectacular work!
    Rekkert
    Over the weekend I started a short project to create a transporter room for the USS Victory. While the ship is very much "Enterprise-B era", I want to approach this room as a little experiment on what the TUC art department could've created if they'd had more budget and time to redress the TNG transporter set for the Enterprise-A. As such I'm using the TNG set as a starting point and moving things from there towards the TWoK-era set, completely ignoring the Enterprise-A transporter rooms shown in TFF and TUC.

It's always nice to see a "What if they didn't have to cut corners" kind of project. :+1:

I really like what you're doing here. It definitely looks more of a transition from the TMP aesthetic to the TNG one, more so that what we got on film due to having real world budget constraints.
    Rekkert
    Outstanding! I’m loving this transporter room my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert