Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Daring- Daring Class

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That just looks sweet. I love compact ships. :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Lovely!
  • MightyMooseMightyMoose283 Posts: 56Member
    Bit of a lateral movement trying to work out how a blended STV/STVI bridge would sit in the module given the movement of the turbo shafts.

vrbd3wuijb5x.png
    sh89kqazuv3h.png
    Lizzy777StarshipStarCruiserevil_genius_180publiusrJEScaveat_imperatorAel's
    That's a really interesting workaround.

It's sad, given the amount of work Andrew Probert did on the Enterprise refit, including planning things out like where the internal structures would go, all for them to screw that all up in Star Trek 5 and 6. I know the TMP through Star Trek 4 bridge set was repurposed to be the battle bridge on TNG and they had to build a new bridge set, but it honestly can't be that hard to figure out.
    That's a really interesting workaround.

It's sad, given the amount of work Andrew Probert did on the Enterprise refit, including planning things out like where the internal structures would go, all for them to screw that all up in Star Trek 5 and 6. I know the TMP through Star Trek 4 bridge set was repurposed to be the battle bridge on TNG and they had to build a new bridge set, but it honestly can't be that hard to figure out.

So I've scratched thar version and started another redesign. Which will try and incorporate the layout into a design that keeps as close to a "upgraded/dated" not replaced
    xn2lb2u3epsz.png

Working on the chonk bridge for the Undiscovered era bridge
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777backsteptJEScaveat_imperatorAel's
    Bridge!
    802pyp27zdu9.png
    4xcabkh821wy.png
    StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180seanrbacksteptRekkertJEScaveat_imperatorAel's
    That third torpedo bay is perfect.

Ent-E was to big to see its secondary hull photon bays—but here it is perfect. Not enough has been done with secondary hull details as with saucer details….you have corrected that well.
    publiusr wrote: »
    That third torpedo bay is perfect.

Ent-E was to big to see its secondary hull photon bays—but here it is perfect. Not enough has been done with secondary hull details as with saucer details….you have corrected that well.

It was a point of contention if it was going to be a empty mounting point, a sleek torpedo or a third cannon.

I think the Torpedo fixes that and adds balance to the over all look. The shape might change as i slowly work down the model (tying a top down approach otherwise i keep bouncing here and there)

A slight diversion...

Type 5-Compact
    Type15 Shuttle pod.
    ckdjj929emv4.png
    lpuybwtgrnez.png

oj3o17rr5pb5.png

evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777RekkertJESAel's

I think the Torpedo fixes that and adds balance to the over all look.

A secondary hull should always have a deep chest to keep the smiling swan motif.

For a more angular secondary hull to match a Diane Carey type octagonal saucer…a might have a stair-stepped look—and right where your lowers torpedo bay is…a smaller dish turret whose base is at a 45 degree angle…such that…if it rotated half a turn…it would point straight down…another turn—and it faces forward.

1jzp3ddf7qzk.png

Getting the warp engine up to a high res and detailed state.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruiserRekkertpubliusrJESbacksteptAel's
    m5vxxkgdtdwb.png

in 2290-91 the USS Daring was in the Cestus III Shipyards for the final Refit. The warp engines, a retrofit to take on warp-field theory advancements and miniaturizations reflect the final configuration of the ship before she was finally decommissioned into the mothball fleet in 2298, and ultimately struck in 2299.

The only remains of the Daring Class are a deck plate and comissioning plague, on display, at the fleet museum.
    StarCruiserJESevil_genius_180Lizzy777Admiral156Ael's
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    m5vxxkgdtdwb.png

in 2290-91 the USS Daring was in the Cestus III Shipyards for the final Refit. The warp engines, a retrofit to take on warp-field theory advancements and miniaturizations reflect the final configuration of the ship before she was finally decommissioned into the mothball fleet in 2298, and ultimately struck in 2299.

The only remains of the Daring Class are a deck plate and comissioning plague, on display, at the fleet museum.

I would like to point out that a lot of the newer ships decommissioned in 2298 were likely reactivated 2374-2375 during the Dominion War, as Starfleet losses started to mount. Due to the asteroid belt and Oort Cloud, the Federation likely wasn't for want on new construction materials, so most likely, some examples of every class lasted that long.

Whether they survived the war would be a different issue, of course.
  • Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
    wow beautiful work on the warp engine!
    JES wrote: »
    m5vxxkgdtdwb.png

I would like to point out that a lot of the newer ships decommissioned in 2298 were likely reactivated 2374-2375 during the Dominion War, as Starfleet losses started to mount. Due to the asteroid belt and Oort Cloud, the Federation likely wasn't for want on new construction materials, so most likely, some examples of every class lasted that long.

This is the slow development for her story.

"In 2290 The USS Daring underwent a last major refit that would serve to represent the final configuration that the Daring, Decoy, Defender and Vampire - The adroit never left the the refitting stage due to ongoing issues with system integration and was generally canibalised to maintain the other ships. The Adroit was decomissioned in 2293, and struck the same year to serve as parts for her other sisters.

Over the course of the next decade the Decoy, Defender and Vampire would be mothballed and struck from service despite the regional uncertainty with the power vacuum left by the klingon empire. The last of them, the Daring herself was decommissioned in 2298 to the mothball fleet before being ultimately struck from the Starfleet register in the twilight 2299.

in 2300 The Daring was being towed for scrapping and seemingly in a final act of defiance she broke the tractor beam and collided with a nearby asteroid. An attempt was made to remove her from the asteroid leading to the damage of the recovery vessel before it was decided to simply scrap the ship where she lay.

One of her original deck plates, commissioning plaque and tactical station remain preserved on Cestus III

Admiral156JES
    I like the nacelle design. Interesting back story too, with them working on that design and then kind of "giving up" because it wasn't working.
    JES wrote: »

There's really no reason for Starfleet to decommission a "newer" ship at all, unless there's a problem with the design, or there's a special circumstance. I think we can assume that most of the ships being decommissioned in the 2290s would have been older ships. The Enterprise-A was being decommissioned at that time simply because there was another Enterprise being built, which would be a special circumstance. After all, the ship was barely a decade old at the time.
    I like the nacelle design. Interesting back story too, with them working on that design and then kind of "giving up" because it wasn't working.

Its taken me far too long to get to this point haha!. But im building in some visual story telling into it:

a4jmr0ji2rsh.png

so you can see where they retrofitted parts or modified the Original refit nacelle to make room for warp coils etc.
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777publiusrseanrJESAel's
    Nice detail. It definitely has a "bolted on" look.
    14kuzgsfnwti.png

All ships need a patch.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusrJESeagledocf15Ael's
    ljm7z43y6q5b.png

The shape of her legs is sorted out. Now just working on the stockings (details)
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruiserpubliusreagledocf15Ael's
    Here she is wearing them. The geo is now locked in - detailing is happening now.

ikwxo4fc6air.png
    ashleytingerStarCruiserRekkertrojrenevil_genius_180backsteptLizzy777publiusrAel's
    The nacelles look great. :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Really digging those nacelles.
    rqgxtpbq8dyo.png

Just a few more greeble tweeks - but the nacelle is about 90% done.
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777Admiral156Ael's
  • Admiral156Admiral156180 Posts: 76Member
    I like the nacelles, a unique fusion of Constitution and Excelsior, almost like a missing link in the design evolution.
    edited May 2023 #58

Working on the chonk bridge for the Undiscovered era bridge

vrbd3wuijb5x.png
    sh89kqazuv3h.png

One thing you may consider—perhaps for a later project. I have seen some TMP dreadnought bridges that have two docking ports to either side—so as to not have the aft of the bridge look so chopped off.

But if you were to put a scaled down sensor tower like that of the Ktinga..just behind a bridge as an upward rocketing escape pod..it would mirror TOS’ turbo lift bustle that has folks arguing over the bridge angle…the flying buttress bumps to either side the turbolifts of course.
    Post edited by publiusr on
    StarCruiserLizzy777
    Yeah once i finish the daring and kitbash the USS Gambier Bay (a Akula Class), going to be doing a fed-dreadnought USS Warspite.
    publiusr
    The Starfleet Corps Of Engineers at Hemmer station have been busy.

The Daring is Finally wearing her legs!

40dj0vsenayo.png

tp5g6vx6upbq.png

Incl. Some visual story telling for the lineage.

67j9khhisrb2.png

and, here is the side by side.

evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777