Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSymbols, logos, and other graphics design shenaniganry

o2bei1y0dec0.png

Greetings! I'm just a humble graphics designer who really, really likes working on stuff like logos, sigils, symbols and other such shenaniganry. I make a whole boatload of various things but this here is what is the closest to being my bread and butter.

So, no further ado, here's some of the stuff I am particularly proud of. Besides the stuff in the header image, at the very least.
These three images have been designed for an in-progress story (as in, stuck in the form of a bunch of disparaged notes for several years >>), the first of which was mostly done in a wave of Inspiration. Cyberiad, I call it. You can clearly see some religious tones, alongside the more robotic style, as well as the attempt to mimic an audio visualizer inside the halo.
xl.jpg
The next one was done soon after, Mikoyan. More aimed and actually related to something in the story, as well as utilizing some tricks I learned since the previous image. You can clearly see the inspiration and similarities between the two, heh.
xl.jpg
And then there was this. A book, of sorts, designed to mirror the halo of Mikoyan, but fitting as something that could appear on an actual book.
xl.png
While I've generally drifted away from Doctor Who somewhere around the Matt Smith era, it still holds a certain place in my heart. And so do the various fanmade versions of Gallifreyan that float on the internet. Hell, they were arguably the reason why I went into graphics stuff like this in the first place. So, well, these are artworks that were based on Sherman's Circular Gallifreyan. Also make for very good avatars when you favor abstract instead of anything more physical, heh. They are a little bit scuffed in their actual writing, but I still love the designs I've ended up with for them.
xl.jpg
xl.jpg

This is the result of a commission for a certain individual, one that is relatively simple but also rather interesting in the combination of things that they asked of me. The smooth and circular moon motifs, combined with the hard edges of a circuit board ended up producing something rather interesting, I might say.
xl.jpg

I make... a helluvalot more, but this is the stuff I am generally most proud of, along with being the stuff that fits the best with the themes of this forum.
Lizzy777commandersozoStarCruiserWarp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180scifieric

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    these graphics looks great! like it.
    scifieric
  • SystemSearcherSystemSearcher68 Posts: 15Member
    edited November 2022 #3
    Oh yeah, dug out this stuff.

I actually have a constructed script of my own. And this stuff was me recreating logos of several big services with iconic logos while using that script, down to mimicking the typographic style of those logos.

I would make one for scifi-meshes but one: it doesn't have a consistent font, and two: I can't access the friggin' rocket image lmao. Might make ones for a few other Forums I frequent, though. Original credits to Google, Reddit and Twitter.
    itoadlp5kj2f.png
    53rc1tkr70ps.png
    kz21p9g5usvo.png
    Post edited by SystemSearcher on
    Lizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180StarCruiserscifieric
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    edited November 2022 #4
    Here:
    3ed8cb4905136b74467e73503615a1f3.png

Or you could just Google image search for a rocket. I'm pretty sure it'll be on the first page. :p
    (We should really get a new rocket)

Pretty much all our logos are based on scifi shows, movies and games. There's about 30 of them I think.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
    SystemSearcherscifieric
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    edited November 2022 #5
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Here:
    3ed8cb4905136b74467e73503615a1f3.png

Or you could just Google image search for a rocket. I'm pretty sure it'll be on the first page. :p
    (We should really get a new rocket)

Pretty much all our logos are based on scifi shows, movies and games. There's about 30 of them I think.

Excellent, thank you. I'll see if I can figure out something clever with it. Perhaps mimic a few show logos, there are quite a few that would be a good challenge to do.
    scifieric
    edited November 2022 #6
    Made a few more
    ggfn64zdpkfv.png
    8i5sm4ki4y5a.png
    ysmccg9zwa1v.png

And also a few Scifi Meshes-themed ones
    4gyl42a0vv1s.png
    7e3yw07ky5al.png

Lizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorycommandersozoevil_genius_180StarCruiserscifieric
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    nice ideas. good work
    SystemSearcherscifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Always nice to see some good symbol/logo work, and this definitely qualifies. :)
    SystemSearcherscifieric
    On that note, finished a Commission. It's more anime than sci-fi but still fits the vibe, I'd say.
    qoaYS1S.gif
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserscifiericLizzy777Tallguy
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice animation work.
    SystemSearcherscifieric
    systemsearcher-cyberpunk-logos-amarantech-logos-ed.jpg?1671706310
    A cyberpunk-ish megacorp-ish logo thing. Based off the word "Amaranth", for those curious.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiser
    systemsearcher-cyberix-dos.jpg?1671884333

Another one in that series of those halo-y designs, this one creatively called "Cyberiad Dos".
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruiser
    systemsearcher-cyberix-dos-render.jpg?1671914369
    Wanted to mess around with lighting a bit via shoving this into Blender. Ended up with something... honestly quite impressive.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiser
    systemsearcher-alley-cat-industries-pres.jpg?1672433598

Got commissioned a day before New Year's, and ended up producing this lil' beaut of a logo.
    commandersozoTallguyevil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiser
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    DS9 needed you.

There was a part of me that wondered if the derelict Juggernaut from ALIEN/PROMETHEUS was a ship designed to look like the glyph meaning “death” in the Engineer language.

3D printed digital sundials like this:
    https://all3dp.com/2/3d-printed-sundial-3d-printed-digital-sundial-3d-models/

—make me wonder if a different font could hold a whole library with light..different builds for different patterns.

Or a 3D font that looks one way in the front—but another from the side..
    systemsearcher-circler-red.jpg?1672907472
    systemsearcher-circler-plain.jpg?1672907500
    I was tired and also randomly inspired, and couldn't go to sleep unless I've made something so I've made this.
    Lizzy777StarCruiser
    Been trying to come up with an emblem for my solo Warframe clan, ended up with this.

ykqgltS.png

And then, in a burst of inspiration, I've also made a Star Trek Online fleet emblem too.

1bzMgcs.png
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777commandersozopubliusr