Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    If you look carefully you'll find them on all walls, depending on which of the Vs you're looking at. You can probably sub in about any random tread.
    This and the UFO ladder are for some reason as hard to ID by folks as the correct suspension and the gun details... ??? Keep at it!
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    edited November 2022 #213
    Just added some shapes that looked like they were pretty close to what was there. Like you said, very hard to tell!

wjpplei91rhv.jpg

4cvhop4bo92a.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    ashleytingerrojrenStarCruiserxiaorobearLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorwolfmanscifiericStarshipand 2 others.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Awesome!!
    If you ever have the time, I would like to see you render the 'antique' viper, the one with the flat wings. Can't find any images of it. It was in one episode I think.
    japetus
    srspicer wrote: »
    Awesome!!
    If you ever have the time, I would like to see you render the 'antique' viper, the one with the flat wings. Can't find any images of it. It was in one episode I think.

Yeah, I remember it. I think I found some photos of it.

https://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery/index.php?cat=345
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    That's it. Wow, awesome images on that web site, thanks for sharing the link!
    Looks like it is called the 'Model T Viper'.
    japetus
    srspicer wrote: »
    That's it. Wow, awesome images on that web site, thanks for sharing the link!
    Looks like it is called the 'Model T Viper'.

Yeah they have the best I've seen on the internet! Only reason im able to do all this, hehe
    Finally got the Viper textured up! Couldn't not do it!

9x8v8pfxhki9.jpg
    pomspowdjide.jpg
    2uyzkpb2sfy6.jpg
    bcmnl06l6k2v.jpg
    rojrenStarCruiserscifiericwibbleashleytingerLizzy777srspicerSCE2AuxLeoBerlinPreVizand 5 others.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Dude! This is frickin' amazing!!
    japetusscifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That viper is LOVELY!
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    So sooo good
    scifieric
    Did a bit more dirtying up, and added made a peeling paint effect..pretty happy!

twpa594s95i2.jpg
    dfzaikhl31zq.jpg
    bvfdtikzzhmp.jpg

rojrenSCE2AuxashleytingerStarCruiserwibbleLeoBerlinxiaorobearPreVizscifiericevil_genius_180and 5 others.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Good HEAVENS these are gorgeous.
    scifieric
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    edited December 2022 #224
    Did a Phoenix test of the boosters in the back... i've tried this effect so many times and now i'm finally getting the results i want! Exciting!
    dtcuq2hzxjgx.jpg
    StarCruiserSCE2AuxPreVizashleytingerscifiericevil_genius_180Lizzy777caveat_imperatorCowardsrspicerand 2 others.
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Looks really good, except the turbo exhaust needs to be two, maybe three times the length of the ship to match the original. Nah, never mind, the original effect is actually pretty silly looking.
    rojren wrote: »
    Looks really good, except the turbo exhaust needs to be two, maybe three times the length of the ship to match the original. Nah, never mind, the original effect is actually pretty silly looking.

Hey, yeah I was going a bit more towards the reboot. I agree the original effect was pretty cheesy
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That is really nice!
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Very nice!
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The Viper looks great. I love the detail in the textures and that engine effect is fantastic.
    japetusscifieric
    Don't think I"ve shared much of the actual animation work I've been doing, but it's very far along, almost done. Still working on the "look" with the first 3 shots being the latest. Not going for super clean or super old look, but somewhere in between, just softer and natural. I'm doing the compositing in Nuke before people start throwing out AE plugins :-D

ashleytingerrojrenevil_genius_180xiaorobearwibbleStarCruisercaveat_imperatorSCE2AuxLizzy777scifiericand 2 others.
  • backsteptbackstept2017 Posts: 918Member
    "gib me ur models so I can fix" 🤣

Maan I have missed this place. Good to be back!

Just catching up! You, sir have taken on a herculean task! Keep up the fantastic work!
    japetusscifieric
    edited December 2022 #232
    Also, the big orange ring planet is a smoke sim on a flat plane, then rendered as a texture, and the first shot has nukes simmed and a hole in the clouds opening up, though it's hard to notice, I wanted to try it
    evil_genius_180scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Fantastic work on the animation. All of the models look sweet and the effects are sick too. I really like that nuke effect.
    japetusscifieric
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    japetus wrote: »
    Don't think I"ve shared much of the actual animation work I've been doing, but it's very far along, almost done. Still working on the "look" with the first 3 shots being the latest. Not going for super clean or super old look, but somewhere in between, just softer and natural. I'm doing the compositing in Nuke before people start throwing out AE plugins :-D

This is an immense amount of work to have done in one's free time - complete with animation too! I'm looking forward to seeing the full Battlestar model getting added in.
    japetusscifiericStarship
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member

Wonderfull!!!
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Wonderful work!

My only nitpick would be the fighter battle in the background of scene two.
    It looks a little bit out of place, because it's so jammed together and too much spray and pray.
    scifieric
    Wonderful work!

My only nitpick would be the fighter battle in the background of scene two.
    It looks a little bit out of place, because it's so jammed together and too much spray and pray.

Agreed, its definitely a part I'm trying to improve. Right now it's all controlled by a particle system
    scifiericNathan Rubric
  • goose814goose814336 Posts: 2Member
    Just added some shapes that looked like they were pretty close to what was there. Like you said, very hard to tell!

wjpplei91rhv.jpg

4cvhop4bo92a.jpg

Here's what was used in those positions. It's from the 1/72 Esci T34/76 tank kit. The ones on the sides were mounted vertically while the ones on the top and bottom were mounted lengthwise front-to-back. Also, it appears only the side engines had these details, the center one did not.

h4slrf1fzgmo.jpg

l47en9obd08k.jpg

Your Viper looks awesome as well as the rest of your ships. Looking forward to seeing more.
    japetussrspicerStarCruisercaveat_imperatorscifieric
    Ok I reuploaded the video with some features to make it harder for awful people to steal my video and post it as their own on facebook. If anyone sees someone named "Kevin Tenigkeit" posting CG work on Facebook, it's most likely stolen. He's posted at least 2 of my videos as his own, and a few other people from SFM too. Anyway, guess I gotta add watermarks and shit to my videos now. A few minor updates, but I gotta get started on that Galactica! :-D :-D
    scifiericrojrenStarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180caveat_imperatorMustang13Camaro68StarriggerNathan Rubric
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 266Member
    More fun! Nice addition and damn, having had my work stolen and sold to Eaglemoss and other (ie my previous Viper and more), I'd be about ready to break someone's bones over that.

At some point I should upgrade my Viper, and adapt a ver for UE to boot. One day I'll also sit down with some old SF and get a 'virtual studio' going to play with, pull panels off, drop in some sweet '70s flavor.

But ow- part of the fun of a hard drive loss but the work being old while job hunting is that it's likely going to be more rebuild than some conversion. Gah.

Got plans for a next phase for these?
    japetus
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Gorgeous. The only criticism I have (and I'm watching this on a phone so I may be getting it wrong) it's what I assume is meant to be the Cylon fleet swarming about. Imho it doesn't match the style or the scale and the only reason I mention it is because the rest of it is so impossibly good.

You have the speed right and the camera style right. All the kind of stuff that came built in with physical cameras and models. It looks so good!
    scifieric
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle